[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

6 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

Okay. This is a fine example of people getting carried away.

Let me preface this with I'm a huge book!Sansa fan. And, I think, her book character, at times, has taken way too much shit from the fandom, in my opinion. Also, I believe Sansa will play a role in reviving the fortunes of her house.

But, Sansa is neither a warrior, nor soldier. And that is fine. There is nothing wrong with somebody not taking up arms. As Jon explains to Maester Aemon, a chain contains many types of links.

Her all of suddenly being called a soldier, is like me showing up to boot camp in my younger years and telling my drill instructor that I'm a marine, even though I hadn't one iota of training at that point, didn't know how to put on a uniform correctly, and generally, being very young, didn't know shit from shinola where the profession of arms was concerned.

Couldn't say it better myself. I'm also a huge book!Sansa fan, I also think she'll be crucial to the Stark restoration, but I can't see why she has to be a warrior to do all that. In fact, she's a character that I love exactly because she's not a martial character. She has other weapons.

15 minutes ago, Alayne's Shadow. said:

Couldn't say it better myself. I'm also a huge book!Sansa fan, I also think she'll be crucial to the Stark restoration, but I can't see why she has to be a warrior to do all that. In fact, she's a character that I love exactly because she's not a martial character. She has other weapons.

I think the show may have her seduce Jaime near Riverrun and fulfills the younger more beautiful that takes all that Cersei holds dear. Wild I know but I think possible. I also think after this the Lannisters under his control switch sides and in that trailer that is at the Twins with the Freys hosting the Lannisters, the Lannisters take out the Freys. Just a hunch.

44 minutes ago, LazyBazooka said:

I still think Fansa will end up sleeping with Batfinger to 'reward him' for saving the North.

It makes me :ack: :bang: :bawl: :crying: so therefore D&D will probably do it.

That is also a possibility but I think show will have her hook up with more now that they had her lose her virginity. These writers seem to be callous enough to make her a sexual manipulator if need be.

Yep, they were just waiting for Sophie to turn legal so they could get her character screwing around with all the people that GRRM would never have her screwing around with. Like, you know, Lannisters, b/c we're just supposed to  believe that she's such a master manipulator now that she has mastered the fine art of deception, how is she going to win over JAMIE of all people, who *even if* he has a massive fallout with his sweet sister, HOW is he going to fall for *Sansa* of all people...I can see the scene now, oh, it's that sexy Needle dog-chain ya know, if Robb can fall in lurve with surgical instruments then Jamie can fall in love with Sansa, wow, NOW I know why the necklace is there, she'll be sucking on  Needle  in a too obvious way [it's not like the show doesn't have enough c**k symbolism/reminders GAG] while giving Jamie huge smoldering googly eyes , b/c Ramsey taught her stuff like this, I mean he instructed her in the fine arts of love and seduction? While brutally raping her every night? She's realllly mastered this stuff..OMG I can see the love scene now....just f  me with a spear, Jamie.

(OMG, better not say that, that's something D/D might have Ilyn Payne actually do to her....better not give them ideas. And ol' S**tmouth will have more personality.)

Ah, it just fits so well that Sophie has a crush on NCW, that's the actress playing D/D's "game" very well, heck, Sansa might survive until the very end, unlike GRRM's conspicous silences on Sansa's final fate (besides, ya know, that time when he smiled and nodded when a fan said to him that "she loses Lady and gets a crippled old dog" instead....)...yep, show Sansa is doing the right thing and atoning for rejecting one Lannister, Tyrion, by hooking up with another one of her own free will. Because ya know, no Stark ever gets away with harming a Lannister, they have to be punished for it. And no Stark will ever appear to be in a position of strength ever again. Revenge for her family's death at the hands of the Lannisters via the Freys can thus only come with the Lannister's agency and blessing, according to D/D. When the Freys are bad news for the Lannister cause (ie that guest right thing) Jamie decides it's now OK to kill them, it's horrible, like LSH had to win over her family's killers first in order to....get revenge on her family's killers.

Dorne logic applied to the Riverlands plot I guess..

and it also helps that show Sansa will prove a spectacular bull in the china shop of book fan hopes: ruining in one fell swoop, the Brienne/Jamie romance, the Sansa/Hound romance (unless Jamie dies Loras's death at Riverrun, and the Hound is left by default....seriously, if this happens then why are they bringing Sandor back, we know there's no Clegane Bowl, so what is his purpose? comedy relief? that's an insult to the Hound!) and being a traitor to her own people The North by publicly sisding witha Lannister to get revenge on the Freys, like from the POV of a northern House, why would they accept her after hearing of a Jamie romance, what's the point? But nobody has ever heard of ravens in the Riverlands I guess, no nothern houses will ever find out.

And a Lannister army helping to rescue Jon Stark' army? WTAF???

5 hours ago, David Selig said:

BTW, it is probably not worth mentioning anymore, but I was again annoyed by Brienne being shown to be a ruthless murderer again. One of the Bolton men asked for mercy after he was beaten while lying down injured and she killed him on the stop without a second thought. I am sure D&D thought this was really empowering.

I would dearly love to see D$D get "empowered"!

This just gets more insane with every passing moment, the more I think about it, the more I figure that this really must have been planned out, at least the major beats, if all D/D wanted was to sabotage GRRM.

Ned's Secret, I agree with you that this is looking more and more like something deliberate, did you notice that the documentary you linked to has been taken down, I didn't get to see it but it must have figured out the truth or something very close to it for it to be gone already. I mean, it's OK to have all kinds of parodies/comic videos etc about Ep 1 but something more serious is immediately gone? Anybody want to bet that the Fair Game doc will vanish too?

What was in that link you posted? I'd love to know.

Plus, why are all these season 6 character names being changed? House Maezin?  Khal Moro? Rhaegar Targarey(??) Even the 3 swordsman in the ToJ had their names changed also? I'll bet that Euron will have his name changed and the Damphair will not even be named onscreen. This all smells to me like an attempt to take "legal possession" of characters from the books who have not yet appeared onscreen and will in Season 6-8,  D/D preparing for any possible lawsuit George might mount against them in the future, they're already covering their asses, the bastards. I mean, the Dorne fiasco merits a lawsuit alone, not to mention killing off characters like Selmy and Stannis that George went out of his way to tell *the general public* that they'd be in Book 6, well before even Season 4 got underway.

I think George is more happy that season 5 will not show up at the Hugos, even more so than the sick Puppies winning. (and BTW, are the Puppies the best American sci-fi can come up with these days? WTF has America fallen to when the Trumps of the sci-fi world may win? Isn't sci-fi supposed to BE the place for "social justice issues" to be explored, hasn't it always been? How low have we fallen, from stuff like Dune and Trek to this!)

I have a theory about Jon' resurrection, to close with, that fits right into D/D's POV. Haven't we heard rumors of Olly being a sacrifice to bring him back. But it will come with a price. Mel may glamour Olly as Jon and burn him alive, that way, D/D can fulfill their personal wish to have Jon Snow die screaming. God, it must irritate the hell out of them that he is still THE hero of the show, they are doing everything they can to kill that. And it will piss off fans whose only wish is to see Olly die, they won't be watching the smirk melting off the kid's face. No, it'll be Kit instead acting another agonizing "death",  and Jon unlike Mance will NOT have a merciful arrow to end his suffering.

Yep, maybe 4 episodes of Jon Stark being a total bore who has to have his victory handed to him on a platter by the BF and maybe JAMIE LANNISTER, just like his sis Sansa has to have everything done for her too.

ya know, the more I think about all this, I think that what we are seeing onscreen is that GOT has been hijacked by D/D for airing the viewpoints and opinion of the 1%. I mean, Dave at least is part of the 1%, his dad was a former CEO of Goldman Sachs. That explains the Lannister identification and lurve, just as Tyrion and Tywin go through the world buying everyone off with gold, so too must they have done this all their life! And the values! Honor is dumb and will get you killed, warmongers are great, diplomacy and peace are for suckas, racism, sexism, homophobia, religion as a weapon of terror and social control (think anti-woman politicians), nihilism for America and Americans instead of the love of values we traditionally hold dear, the smallfolk are supposed to think "nothing is nothing" while the great Houses just go stealing their wealth and tearing their livelihoods apart....it's all of a peice! No hope anywhere, none of GRRM's glimmers of light in a poisoned world (in a strange way, an inverse  same as Tolkien's "hope without guarantees"  attitude)....

Well, that was a rant, I'd better stop now before I foam at the mouth...:)

2 hours ago, LazyBazooka said:

I still think Fansa will end up sleeping with Batfinger to 'reward him' for saving the North.

He's slightly less disgusting than Ramsay so she would be trading up a fraction, seducing Jaime on the other hand would be at least a little interesting. Particularly if she does this in order to persuade Jaime to turn the Lannisters against the Freys to retake Riverrun, I would understand it especially if it plays into the younger more beautiful queen prophecy, but I do not think that part made the show? Just using Sansa as a sexual manipulator as if that's the only way a woman can manipulate any body or anyone, how ridiculous it would be, but I would not put it past D$D. I would like to see Sansa start using her mind or her political nouse to achiev some sort of growth and confidence, I'd hate her to turn into a young Cersei.

Ned's Secret, I think we posted at the same time, I agree. You're saying some of what I said above. I wonder what you think of what I wrote in my 2 posts, your doc on YouTube gone/Sansa/Jamie/Hugos/ Jon/the 1% etc. I always love what you have to say!

(Ya know, I wonder what the RW would have been like if D/D wrote it. Looking back on it, they found a way to make it even worse onscreen tnan in the book...for a reason. Becuase no Stark can ever suffer enough.

Season 6: Episode 3-9: lots of screentime for Rickon to suffer at Ramsey's hands in every episode, this supposed to be SUSPENSE, when even the Unsullied know the pattern by now, they'll know he's gone already

Episode I dunno, 5, 7, 8, 9: Jon comes back looking like a total mopey bore, a shadow of his former self, and only a few minutes per episode until the BastardBowl, his sole role to swing a sword, unlike Ramsey who'll get lots of screentime for juicy "character development" (really? what more is there to say? And LF too, his "atonement arc"....ugh. maybe we can have Jon say 'I miss Arya" once?

3 hours ago, LazyBazooka said:

I think this could well happen in the show.

The only chink of light I have is that if Sandor comes back, he can tell Sansa (as I always hoped he would tell LSH in the books) that it was LF who betrayed Ned - because he was in the throne room, on guard, and would have heard!  At that point, I want Sansa to turn on Batfinger (as I want LSH to be the one to kill Petyr in the books).

I hope. I hope. I hope.

So - it probably won't happen. :crying:

6 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I think the show may have her seduce Jaime near Riverrun and fulfills the younger more beautiful that takes all that Cersei holds dear. Wild I know but I think possible. I also think after this the Lannisters under his control switch sides and in that trailer that is at the Twins with the Freys hosting the Lannisters, the Lannisters take out the Freys. Just a hunch.

They are not going to put Boss Ass Bitch with Larry. Her beloved Brute is going to make people listen to her or else they will get smashed, because, empowerment. Then she will send her off on some errand to prove she's the boss of her, because, empowerment.

Bran! Isaac!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/27/game-thrones-bran-season-6

Definitely. His first two seasons he was reacting to other people’s storylines. Then he started to get his own thing with his dreaming and journeying north. But we weren’t sure what was going on. Now we’ve learned his storyline is pretty damn important. I love this season so much. His been very insular in his storyline. Now he’s realized he’s been having his dreams because he’s got to save Westeros. It’s such a cool storyline now.

Haha, that is the moment in the books he has actually more chapters than Sansa, Arya, ... 

My hero!

Now he’s starting to make use of the visions and starting to discover he can interact with the past — he’s like Doctor Who. It’s Doctor Bran!

LOL

He’s a charming man. There are certain lines that you think are almost fillers, lines you don’t think are imperative to any kind of storytelling, like, “He’s over there.” But when Max von Sydow says it, it sounds like it’s the most important news you’ve ever heard. He just amplifies the sense of creativeness and it’s quite something to stand next to. Even short lines that I would have no clue to how to make sound interesting he does it so effortlessly. And he’s also a completely lovely man.

Nice for Isaac to work with MvS. The whole thing about lines being filler is hilarious

The main thing was I could completely focus on my school because that’s one of my most important years. But also I’ve been doing [the show] for about five years, maybe six with the pilot, and it was quite nice to take one year off. It was quite a shock to the system to spend an entire term at school because I’d never done that before. By the end of it I was like, “I do miss Thrones. I miss Belfast.” It’s nice to come back.

I am happy for Isaac he could spend a year like a normal teenager?

What was it like watching Game of Thrones season 5 while sitting a season out?
I still haven’t seen it.

How is that possible?
It [aired] right in the middle of my exams and I didn’t get a chance to watch … I’ve been so busy. I genuinely would have happily watched the whole 10-hour season last night [after the premiere screening], so I think I’m going to do that on the plane back. I watched bits here and there, so I know the whole story of it, I just haven’t seen every single scene. I should watch it because Bran has this all-knowing sense about him now, like he has actually watched the show with us. He’s got a grasp of what’s going on all over the kingdoms.

Why did you say you did not see it yet, Isaac? You and Ellie are really risking your fate?

What’s the moment you felt most connected to Bran?
I’ve had such a cushy existence compared to the horrors that Bran has gone through. First he lost the use of his legs, then his family left him, then his dad dies, then his home gets burned down, then his mom and his brother die, then he’s on the run, then he has to leave his other brother, then he gets kidnapped, then he gets attacked by zombies, and then he finally gets to this cave with this weird tree person. So there’s not a whole lot that I kind of necessarily connect to him. But I feel I took something away from his overall arc. I felt very connected with what Bran went through in terms following this calling throughout the entire series, no matter what. He’s going on this dreadful, miserable journey to get to this cave and he’s had every opportunity along the way to give up. He ran into Jon at Craster’s Keep and he could’ve said, “Jon take me home. I can’t deal with this anymore. I just want to relax and be taken care of.” But he hasn’t. He’s fought the whole way against adversity and he’s lost most of the people [he cares about] and it’s like: “Now let’s get to it.” So I suppose what I took away from that is that if there’s something you really love, and you really feel like it’s you, then you follow it — no matter what. 

First of all, Bran's life really sucks. Second, if they dare to touch one hair of Meera, Summer or Hodor, I will completely go mad. And third, oh look, they are finally giving us a message in the show that I can agree upon :dunno: Better than they killed my whole family, let's take revenge!!

(LOL, Bran stanning and ranting at the same time. Mahaha)

Dorne logic applied to the Riverlands plot I guess..

and it also helps that show Sansa will prove a spectacular bull in the china shop of book fan hopes: ruining in one fell swoop, the Brienne/Jamie romance, the Sansa/Hound romance (unless Jamie dies Loras's death at Riverrun, and the Hound is left by default....seriously, if this happens then why are they bringing Sandor back, we know there's no Clegane Bowl, so what is his purpose? comedy relief? that's an insult to the Hound!) and being a traitor to her own people The North by publicly sisding witha Lannister to get revenge on the Freys, like from the POV of a northern House, why would they accept her after hearing of a Jamie romance, what's the point? But nobody has ever heard of ravens in the Riverlands I guess, no nothern houses will ever find out.

And a Lannister army helping to rescue Jon Stark' army? WTAF???

I think they have to be bringing Sandor back for Sansa, there's nothing else. It's going to happen in the books, she's made up a kiss between them and has been working herself up into a lather. He's the only one left, her beloved Bolton hubby is about to die, and Turner is FINALLY saying something bad about LF.

The only drawback is she's talking like Boss Ass Bitch is in love with the Brute. I think that's just to break the hearts of the fandom, like you say, kill the two big romances with one fell swoop. Brute will tell her, "So I killed the Hound, and Arya ran off." And Boss Ass Bitch will just say, "So about Arya..." Sansa and the Hound down.

Ditto with Larry's endless lurve for Carol. He's groveling to Carol at the same time the Brute is groveling to Boss Ass Bitch. She will send her Brute to Riverrun to tell the Blackfish to forget about his ancestral home and come grovel to her, too, and Brute will get into a fight with Larry. Jaime and Brienne down.

Then they will end the season teasing Boss Ass Bitch and Hero Of The North LF, and more endless lurve for Larry and Carol, and Brute and Sandor will have a rematch and seemingly kill each other, just to rub it in. And that will be the talk in the offseason, not the two BatB stories.

At the last minute, after destroying both stories, they will finally put Sansa/Sandor and Jaime/Brienne together out of the blue, because, shock. (And this is only to be able to say, see, we didn't totally screw these women over by replacing their love stories in the books with rape and revenge...)

4 hours ago, Morna The Maid said:

ya know, the more I think about all this, I think that what we are seeing onscreen is that GOT has been hijacked by D/D for airing the viewpoints and opinion of the 1%. I mean, Dave at least is part of the 1%, his dad was a former CEO of Goldman Sachs. That explains the Lannister identification and lurve, just as Tyrion and Tywin go through the world buying everyone off with gold, so too must they have done this all their life! And the values! Honor is dumb and will get you killed, warmongers are great, diplomacy and peace are for suckas, racism, sexism, homophobia, religion as a weapon of terror and social control (think anti-woman politicians), nihilism for America and Americans instead of the love of values we traditionally hold dear, the smallfolk are supposed to think "nothing is nothing" while the great Houses just go stealing their wealth and tearing their livelihoods apart....it's all of a peice! No hope anywhere, none of GRRM's glimmers of light in a poisoned world (in a strange way, an inverse  same as Tolkien's "hope without guarantees"  attitude)....

I think this is the answer, too.

(Ya know, I wonder what the RW would have been like if D/D wrote it. Looking back on it, they found a way to make it even worse onscreen tnan in the book...for a reason. Becuase no Stark can ever suffer enough.

Season 6: Episode 3-9: lots of screentime for Rickon to suffer at Ramsey's hands in every episode, this supposed to be SUSPENSE, when even the Unsullied know the pattern by now, they'll know he's gone already

Episode I dunno, 5, 7, 8, 9: Jon comes back looking like a total mopey bore, a shadow of his former self, and only a few minutes per episode until the BastardBowl, his sole role to swing a sword, unlike Ramsey who'll get lots of screentime for juicy "character development" (really? what more is there to say? And LF too, his "atonement arc"....ugh. maybe we can have Jon say 'I miss Arya" once?

This, too. Ramsay can miss Myranda, but Jon can never miss Arya, and Sansa can never miss Sandor, no time for Starks. And it's not the Battle of the Bastards, it's the Battle of the Super Villains. Because the Starks are so boring and lame. And the focus is their suffering, because... that's what they do.

And everyone knows by now Rickon is doomed, but it's hugely dramatically satisfying to watch him navigate his home that has been turned into HELL. And for the inevitable happen after telegraphing it for 5 episodes. Right, Cogman? One must have a heart of stone to watch the death of little Nell Rickon without laughing.

18 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

First of all, Bran's life really sucks. Second, if they dare to touch one hair of Meera, Summer or Hodor, I will completely go mad. And third, oh look, they are finally giving us a message in the show that I can agree upon :dunno: Better than they killed my whole family, let's take revenge!!

Oh, finally someone talked about love. Thank you, Isaac.

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, finally someone talked about love. Thank you, Isaac.

Yeah. I really loved his last answer. I think he never mentioned he read the books? But I am just hoping a certain person who studied literature at Cambridge is talking to him the whole time about the books, the themes, ... :D 

31 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Bran! Isaac!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/27/game-thrones-bran-season-6

Haha, that is the moment in the books he has actually more chapters than Sansa, Arya, ... 

My hero!

LOL

Nice for Isaac to work with MvS. The whole thing about lines being filler is hilarious

I am happy for Isaac he could spend a year like a normal teenager?

Why did you say you did not see it yet, Isaac? You and Ellie are really risking your fate?

(LOL, Bran stanning and ranting at the same time. Mahaha)

Yes!  Bran is my favourite PoV in the books.  I always feel I'm very much in the minority.

This just gets more insane with every passing moment, the more I think about it, the more I figure that this really must have been planned out, at least the major beats, if all D/D wanted was to sabotage GRRM.

Ned's Secret, I agree with you that this is looking more and more like something deliberate, did you notice that the documentary you linked to has been taken down, I didn't get to see it but it must have figured out the truth or something very close to it for it to be gone already. I mean, it's OK to have all kinds of parodies/comic videos etc about Ep 1 but something more serious is immediately gone? Anybody want to bet that the Fair Game doc will vanish too?

What was in that link you posted? I'd love to know.

Plus, why are all these season 6 character names being changed? House Maezin?  Khal Moro? Rhaegar Targarey(??) Even the 3 swordsman in the ToJ had their names changed also? I'll bet that Euron will have his name changed and the Damphair will not even be named onscreen. This all smells to me like an attempt to take "legal possession" of characters from the books who have not yet appeared onscreen and will in Season 6-8,  D/D preparing for any possible lawsuit George might mount against them in the future, they're already covering their asses, the bastards. I mean, the Dorne fiasco merits a lawsuit alone, not to mention killing off characters like Selmy and Stannis that George went out of his way to tell *the general public* that they'd be in Book 6, well before even Season 4 got underway.

I think George is more happy that season 5 will not show up at the Hugos, even more so than the sick Puppies winning. (and BTW, are the Puppies the best American sci-fi can come up with these days? WTF has America fallen to when the Trumps of the sci-fi world may win? Isn't sci-fi supposed to BE the place for "social justice issues" to be explored, hasn't it always been? How low have we fallen, from stuff like Dune and Trek to this!)

I have a theory about Jon' resurrection, to close with, that fits right into D/D's POV. Haven't we heard rumors of Olly being a sacrifice to bring him back. But it will come with a price. Mel may glamour Olly as Jon and burn him alive, that way, D/D can fulfill their personal wish to have Jon Snow die screaming. God, it must irritate the hell out of them that he is still THE hero of the show, they are doing everything they can to kill that. And it will piss off fans whose only wish is to see Olly die, they won't be watching the smirk melting off the kid's face. No, it'll be Kit instead acting another agonizing "death",  and Jon unlike Mance will NOT have a merciful arrow to end his suffering.

Yep, maybe 4 episodes of Jon Stark being a total bore who has to have his victory handed to him on a platter by the BF and maybe JAMIE LANNISTER, just like his sis Sansa has to have everything done for her too.

Well, that was a rant, I'd better stop now before I foam at the mouth...:)

:cheers::agree:awesome ranting, I really like the insight into where the motivations of the creators are derived from. Nice

Archived