[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

13 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

What a well grounded interview Isaac gave if them excerpts are anything to go by, he sounds so humble and decent. He also seems to be quite happy to be playing Bran and I understand that he will play quite a large role in the show from now on. I just hope it's done somewhere near as well ask hope it can be, Bran doesn't seem to be about revenge but about protecting the people he loves and cares about, ie The North, as it's true Lord.

He is just hilarious especially if he talks about MvS: Yeah, there are some lines that are fillers. But MvS is amazing. He can even make short sentences interesting which I never would able to sound interesting. LOL. Praise the actor, bash the writing! And he did not see season 5 yet :D. Also his references to Docter Who, Inception are rather fun. 

And he even manages to make me interested in Bran's storyline?* 

And it is so refreshing someone is finally not REVENGE, empowered, ... And he speaks about caring people, he actually even speaks about identity? 

He’s fought the whole way against adversity and he’s lost most of the people [he cares about] and it’s like: “Now let’s get to it.” So I suppose what I took away from that is that if there’s something you really love, and you really feel like it’s you, then you follow it — no matter what. 

Wow, this is so refreshing! (I really think he has some talks with Ellie Kendrick about his storyline or he is just himself is a real smart kid because I do not really believe D&D might have given him this interpretation of his storyline :dunno:)

Edit: I mean by this he manages to make me interested in part of the show? I am already very interested in Bran's storyline in the books. 

32 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

We know from the trailer Brienne and Sansa are going to talk about Arya? This is already something but ... they should also talk about the Hound, they should talk about the fact her younger brothers are also hiding out somewhere? 

Realistically, after hearing about Sandor and about Stannis, you'd expect Fansa to get the feeling that Bruty's judgement may not be the best. Bruty is kind of a shoot first and ask questions later sort.

Book!Brienne might be a tad bit naive, but I don't think she is hot headed, nor unreasonable, unlike Bruty. Put her down as another destroyed character, courtesy of D & D.

Stuff about all of Sansa's siblings,  Sandor, and Stannis  should come out. That would be logical. But will it? Nobody knows.

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

So that's why they kept Edd around, and didn't just kill him off. Because Jon, like everyone else, can always have insta-bonding  with interchangeable BFFs any time. 

Can't wait for the Jon and Bronn roadtrip.

7 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Realistically, after hearing about Sandor and about Stannis, you'd expect Fansa to get the feeling that the Bruty's judgement may not be the best. Bruty's kind of a shoot first and ask questions later sort.

Book!Brienne might be a tad bit naive, but I don't think she is hot headed, nor unreasonable, unlike Bruty. Put her down as another destroyed character, courtesy of D & D.

Stuff about all of Sansa's siblings,  Sandor, and Stannis  should come out. That would be logical. But will it? Nobody knows.

Yeah, it begs the question, since Arya turned Brienne down, to the point she RAN AWAY FROM HER after Brienne killed Sandor, who had kept her safe all this time, and as soon as Brienne showed up, she was alone in a war zone... Why is Boss Ass Bitch head over heels in lurve with Brienne at second sight (first sight, she turned her down, too)? And B.A.B knows damn well Sandor kept her safe all that time, too.

PRE-RANT:

Assuming the Rickon spoiler is true, he will show up in ep. 3 with Osha, Osha will get a lot of great screen time and we will hear the Stark music, the audience will feel hopeful that some of the Starks will be reunited...and then...dead.  

Next, we're supposed to be uplifted when Jon the zombie kills Ramsay and the two Starks with the least close relationship will be reunited thanks to Littlefinger, Savior of Winterfell.

Also, we may have one more two direwolf casualties.

So, we got death, more death, cruelty, hopelessness and revenge as a stand in for hope.  

Thanks Dan and Dave.  

5 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

At least Edd finally got to fetch something.

It becomes more and more clear season 6 is just a filler season with things we should have done in season 5 (like f.e fleet => Ironborn & existing fleet on fire, Oops the Riverlands, Oops, the Northern Lords, ... :ack:)

The main problem is that they neglected to focus on Edd and Jon relationship. Before Edd was sent away, Edd was actually Jon's steward IIRC? And they also forgot Edd's main characteristic :dunno: 

And instead of Edd (and Ghost), they put all the focus on Olly, their beloved OC. Ugh. The character who was actually already hated even before he killed Jon and who is wanted to be eaten by a lot of fans. (Bon appétit, Ghost!)  

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

PRE-RANT:

Assuming the Rickon spoiler is true, he will show up in ep. 3 with Osha, Osha will get a lot of great screen time and we will hear the Stark music, the audience will feel hopeful that some of the Starks will be reunited...and then...dead.  

Next, we're supposed to be uplifted when Jon the zombie kills Ramsay and the two Starks with the least close relationship will be reunited thanks to Littlefinger, Savior of Winterfell.

Also, we may have one more two direwolf casualties.

So, we got death, more death, cruelty, hopelessness and revenge as a stand in for hope.  

Thanks Dan and Dave.  

Well what would be the alternative? Had Stannis get rid of them last year like he will in the books?

17 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

At least Edd finally got to fetch something.

Seems stupid that Throne is out to kill all Jon supporters but somehow Edd can leave and get the Wildling army.

2 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Well what would be the alternative? Had Stannis get rid of them last year like he will in the books?

Nah they had to condense the story fam /S

The only thing that matters is what's happening onscreen at that exact moment.

I've seen this before in another insufferable hack of an author, the duo responsible for the new 'Dune' books.  Total lack of understanding of the source material and arrogance of their own additions.

I think its less a problem of adaptation and more a problem of having writers who should never have been put on the project.

11 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

And B.A.B knows damn well Sandor kept her safe all that time, too.

Yeah, let's just assume for the sake of argument, that Bruty's actions, with regard to Sandor, were understandable given the intensity of the situation and because she didn't have time to think things through as they were occurring. Even if we assume that, for the sake of argument, Bruty upon some reflection about the fight, after it occurred, should have realized that, yeah, Sandor was genuine in his protection of Arya. That he wasn't bullshitting there. But will Bruty do that? Probably not, as evidently, carefully thinking about things isn't something that "Boss Ass Bitches" do, as they are too cool for that.

3 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Yeah, let's just assume for the sake of argument, that Bruty's actions, with regard to Sandor, were understandable given the intensity of the situation and because she didn't have time to think things through as they were occurring. Even if we assume that, for the sake of argument, Bruty, upon some reflection about the fight, after it occurred, should have realized that, yeah, Sandor was genuine in his protection of Arya. That he wasn't bullshitting there. But will Bruty do that? Probably not, as evidently, carefully thinking about things isn't something that "Boss Ass Bitches" do, as they are too cool for that.

Brute isn't a Boss Ass Bitch. She grovels to Boss Ass Bitch.

Boss Ass Bitch knows personally that Sandor protected and saved her repeatedly.

Exhibit A (and there are a dozen more)

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

Brute isn't a Boss Ass Bitch. She grovels to Boss Ass Bitch.

Boss Ass Bitch knows personally that Sandor protected and saved her repeatedly.

Boss Ass Bitch mighta forgotten that when they gave her the lobotomy after season 4.  The lobotomy could also explain why she couldn't remember the fealty oath.

Archived