Rhom

Joe Abercrombie: The Collected Works (and in what order to read them) SPOILERS

380 posts in this topic

On 20-10-2017 at 6:49 PM, unJon said:

That seems to be a good fit. 

Also, May 2019 is so far away. Ugh. 

Indeed. Had been hoping for a late 2018 release for the first book, even though that hope was based on nothing.

Well the plan as I understand was that a longer wait now means less time between books once he starts to release them. I think I can bear that trade off

3 hours ago, Jerry Drake said:

Why does it need to?

Coz if it doesn't it will be a completey pointless endeavour?

Exactly.  We've already had books with 'plot' and 'characters' but what actually utility does that have?  I'd rather have a human cookbook disguised with narrative.

21 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Well the plan as I understand was that a longer wait now means less time between books once he starts to release them. I think I can bear that trade off

Well yeah that is why we had the multi-year wait already.

I had hoped the first book might come out late next year, and then the others would follow soon in for instance 6 months periods. But clearly May 2019 is a looooong way off. I guess if you wanna see an upside in this it's good to know this early on that we shouldn't expect something in 2018.

18 hours ago, Ajûrbkli said:

Exactly.  We've already had books with 'plot' and 'characters' but what actually utility does that have?  I'd rather have a human cookbook disguised with narrative.

23 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Coz if it doesn't it will be a completey pointless endeavour?

Some years ago here, I posted a recipe for Frey Pies.

Perhaps that could be an inspiration?

22 hours ago, SeanF said:

Some years ago here, I posted a recipe for Frey Pies.

Perhaps that could be an inspiration?

How do you know it wasn't an inspiration already? I can't see it but Shenkt could be making a pie or two as people around him wither and die of old age.

Shieeet, I was hoping for a late 2018 release, but it seems that we will be lucky if we get it on 2019.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:24 PM, TheRevanchist said:

Shieeet, I was hoping for a late 2018 release, but it seems that we will be lucky if we get it on 2019.

While I certainly can't wait to get my hands on more Abercrombie, I'm totally cool with any delays since this is the start of a new series.  Far different situation than the angst that accompanies gaps in ongoing series.

Also in that article he has confirmed the working title:

This last 2 month period has mostly been spent revising the first book in my forthcoming trilogy, which now has a working title: A Little Hatred.

This new trilogy seems to be the most ambitious work Joe has written so far. If this "writing before publishing" thing pays out, it can be really terrific.

He has let slip this interesting bit of information in the comments section of his last progress report:

Five of the central cast of seven have parents a diligent reader will have run into at least in passing before. I won’t say who, though…

I'd say that Arde's and Jezal's children are a given. I hope Monza's is in there too.

I imagine if Logen did get Ferro pregnant their child would be, like, really good at making dead people.

Edited by Let's Get Kraken

14 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

I imagine if Logen did get Ferro pregnant their child would be, like, really good at making people dead.

It works this way around as well.

25 minutes ago, Werthead said:

It works this way around as well.

Sorry, what does? Not sure what you mean.

2 hours ago, The hairy bear said:

This new trilogy seems to be the most ambitious work Joe has written so far. If this "writing before publishing" thing pays out, it can be really terrific.

He has let slip this interesting bit of information in the comments section of his last progress report:

Five of the central cast of seven have parents a diligent reader will have run into at least in passing before. I won’t say who, though…

I'd say that Arde's and Jezal's children are a given. I hope Monza's is in there too.

Javre and Whirrun :) 

You can say it as "making dead people" or "making people dead", although I just realised that means exactly the same thing. Sorry, that seemed to be a wrong way of saying it when I shot through the thread early on. Need more caffeine.

21 minutes ago, Werthead said:

You can say it as "making dead people" or "making people dead", although I just realised that means exactly the same thing. Sorry, that seemed to be a wrong way of saying it when I shot through the thread early on. Need more caffeine.

Oh, I see. Yeah I hadn't noticed the switch in the quote.