Dany???

2 minutes ago, Jasta11 said:

I'm having a very hard time believing that Khals, the people who sack and burn cities for a living, would turn into screaming schoolgirls that make a break for it as soon as some fire spills, and not butcher Dany then and there. Or that none of them got tired of her arrogance when she started making her speech and confronting them. Or that the Dothraki would instantly and universally kneel to her after she obviously demonstrated witch-like powers, which they are established to hate.

It's another instance, after the Masters, of making Dany's enemies as inept as possible so she can have her cheesy "rah rah Khaleesi rah" moment. The worst part is, I fear Martin will also do this as a way to hasten the Dothraki joining her, so I'm not hating on the show per se, unless they do end up changing how the events play out significantly. But I think this was a cheesy scene nevertheless.

:D Hahah too true.  Don't see anyone complaining about that for some reason

I watched the episode again and can accept that her plan was logically set up with Dahrio, Jorah and the 16 year old with broken ribs when she was fake peeing. Obviously they couldn't show the plan, because that would ruin the surprise - but I can accept that she had those 3 people help her and that is why her plan worked at the end.

Of course, this means Dany has premeditated and committed murder with her accomplices - however, this is in line with where I see her character going. It's an interesting slight of hand with the books and show that people are siding with characters that have become as morally compromised as the saga's villains like Joffrey and Ramsay.

1 hour ago, ummester said:

I watched the episode again and can accept that her plan was logically set up with Dahrio, Jorah and the 16 year old with broken ribs when she was fake peeing. Obviously they couldn't show the plan, because that would ruin the surprise - but I can accept that she had those 3 people help her and that is why her plan worked at the end.

Of course, this means Dany has premeditated and committed murder with her accomplices - however, this is in line with where I see her character going. It's an interesting slight of hand with the books and show that people are siding with characters that have become as morally compromised as the saga's villains like Joffrey and Ramsay.

Honestly, I think this scene has a decent idea of where Dany's character arc is going from the books--at least in terms of embracing her dragon nature. It is not a perfect scene with many questions like the khals not really trying to escape or break one of the wooden panels, but it gets the main point across. Dany can rescue herself and is done compromising her identity as a Targ. I would've liked to see Drogon aid in lighting up the building to show how crucial the actual dragons are to her nature and also add another parallel to the season one finale with the birth of the dragons. This time Dany on Drogon's shoulders or something. 

But out of everything that has been illogical (without drawing book plot into it) with the show writing and dialogue, this is definitely less problematic than other scenes. 

*waiting for the virtual tomatoes to be thrown at me* 

6 hours ago, Florina Laufeyson said:

Thats.
The. 
Point. 

I loved this scene. I thought it really cool. I do wish there had been some Drogon involvement (to show a weird supernatural link to possibly Drogo) but alas. I found it really satisfying. I think nearly everyone is really done with pussyfooting around with Dany's storyline. Plus this shit was foreshadowed in the HotU scenes in the books.

So basically the entire scene was just one big #ThrowBackThursday?

Maybe next week the Tyrells will poison Tommen at dinner. 

On 5/16/2016 at 10:57 PM, Nami said:

Is this a power only she has? Because many Targaryens burned to death in the Summerhall tragedy.

Seems so, yes. Possibly as a result of the blood magic performed at Khal Drogo's pyre. However, I don't think that Summerhall has happened in showCanon.

9 hours ago, Daenerys_Is_Coming said:

Yeah, no. There's no secret society of book-reading show-haters out there that just hates everything because it was not in (or different from) the books. Why would anyone be bitter that the show is moving forward into WoW territory? Book readers want answers and to move the story forward just as much as everyone else. We're glad to see the story moving on despite GRRM's delays. Bitterness? My Zero Logic Detector is going through the roof. 

Wait...what? This is completely inaccurate. There are actually tons of people like that. 

13 hours ago, Noveson said:

It's not above criticism obviously(dorne my god), but people on this board go out of their way to find reasons to hate things. 

Agreed. I just don't get why people put so much energy into hating something. If I don't like a tv show.... I don't watch it. I certainly don't take the time to join an internet forum and post about how much I hate it. I have better things to do with my time, maybe even things I like. This seems a radical notion to many however.

11 hours ago, Stangler said:

I read it. You are trying too hard dude. Most of your complaints can be summed up as simple issues with the nature of making a TV show. 

For example the idea that everything has to be exactly the same as it was 4 seasons ago. In some movies they can't make the set consistent from one take to the next and you think it matters that it was different seasons apart? No it doesn't matter. Like at all. 

Or when you complain about the placement of the guards. That scene is literally just there to tell the viewer that they were killed. That is it. Job done. Basically any complain you have about these kinds of details is really pointless.

As for the Khals actions I think they could have written the scene with one of them going after her but why? They are just going to die in a fire anyway. Would a struggle through the flames really added to that scene? No. 

As for everyone bowing to her. Yes that would be pretty darn shocking to see from their perspective and they most certainly respect power. 

This type of nit picking will not make you happy. Let go. 

What I'm trying to say is that there is an easy way to eliminate every single pointless nitpick I had with one simple change. Use Drogon(one of her ‘children’, the ‘stalion that mounts the world’) to take care of the khals. And it could be made just as powerful and meaningful scene as this godlike persona they want to build for Dany. Maybe Dany being a god among men(after all, this is what the dothraki believe now, and it will spread) makes for good writing. But I though D&D wanted to trim as much of the fantasy parts that are not completely required. You know, like extra resurrections, less warging, etc.

I guess I don’t see where this is going now. They just turn Dany in an amalgamation of Jesus, Superman, Human Torch and Domino. K, what’s next? Will she start lighting fires with her mind? Walk on water?

44 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Agreed. I just don't get why people put so much energy into hating something. If I don't like a tv show.... I don't watch it. I certainly don't take the time to join an internet forum and post about how much I hate it. I have better things to do with my time, maybe even things I like. This seems a radical notion to many however.

The issue is that most people who have read the books hold the show up to a much higher standard than something like 'The Arrow' or 'Supernatural'. I am assuming most people here are book readers, so they would have other reasons to be on these forums, and people who don't read the books don't usually complain about the show.

I am personally a book reader and the more the show deviates from the source material, the closer I come to not watching it. For some reason I still hold out some hope.

I thought the scene was simple in it's plan, totally unconfusing with its execution, and made for wonderful tv.

Dany 'Unburnt' is established. Pushing over braziers and fire spreading? Well.. that would just happen. Likely there is oil or wax to keep the flames burning, along with the hot coals.. added to dry, wooden, hay-laden building = one big ass fire spreading quickly.

Khals - Fearless or not, are still going to panic when faced with this. I don't care who you are.. that shit is gonna make you look for the nearest exit and fast.

So she spent a few minutes trash talking them.. who cares?! This happens in every show and every film.. ever. It's called entertainment and is more satisfying than not. Could the Khals have jumped her two minutes in to her speech? Sure they could. Has it also been established that they would not touch her due to her (potential) status? Yep.. very much so. Nothing to see here.

Dues Ex Machina?! Not at all. Well executed plan combining plot points and well established story facts.

In short I fucking loved it. FInally, we have Dany doing something!

1 hour ago, Lord Lannister said:

I like the show, that is why I am critical. Why is it that difficult to understand?

Also here you are posting comments about something you do not like: people wasting their time by posting comments about something they do not like.

Archived