[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

24 minutes ago, teemo said:

So, even though I thought I've heard about Arya training as a FM in recent episodes, I'm assuming she left, because if you're a FM you're "no one," not Arya Stark who goes on a revenge trip to kill bad people.  How does she have a different face though if she's no longer a FM?  Very lame homage to the Frey pie too.

All good points but especially the one about Arya.  Clearly the face swap was done to increase the suspense, however, where did she get the face?  Are we to believe that she now kills innocent people to peel off their faces or are we to believe she snatched a stash of faces from the House of Black and White and has a bag full of them to choose from for future assassinations?

PS  I just watched the "making of" video.  It's funny how the writers think they conveyed tension between Jon and Sansa.  Like you, I thought the scene meant they had resolved any issues and were fine again.

I just want to bring attention to how clever that little kid that set the candles up in the wildfire was! It was a brilliant an very risky design to set up and then he even ran up to check that everybody was in position befor leading Lancel down to admire his work before it blew up! That little kid was like a Bond villain that just had to get Lancel to see his fiendish set up before it blew up, the kid must also have had a really steady hand, and Cersei placed mad amounts of trust in that kid to do his job correctly, Awesome!

2 hours ago, Stannistician said:

I think its been overlooked given everything that happened this episode, but we did get more kinslaying this episode - Kevin and Lancel.  What does that run the count to this season?

Told ya - "kinslaying is the new black" and all the rage now in GoTverse.

Everyone needs to do it at least once - but the more relatives you kill, the better.

Cersei should get some bonus points since she erased the House Lannister now - there are no more uncles and cousins, just her and her precious tool twin (she doesn't know whether Tyrion still lives, hopes he is dead - but actually doesn't seem to care anymore) - and I guess they are heading to a not so bright future....

And for God's sake let Stannis rest in peace. Must you shoehorn how evil he was into every episode? We get it, you hated him. Soon they'll just have characters look straight into the camera and say "F*** Stannis." 

So this episode we're back to everything being stupid. At least the plot moved forward for the first time in two seasons.

Carol blows up the church with everybody conveniently inside. Tommen acts consistently dumb with his show character. You might think the general populace might have some issues with both the Pope and the King dying but apparently nobody gives a shit. The Tyrell army is nowhere to be found. What was the point of the Loras confession anyway? He and the whole Margaery scheming plot was a complete waste of time since they just die without any sort of payoff.

The QoT teleports to Dorne to deliver some snarky dialogue. Oh Dorne. I honestly thought they just scrapped Dorne never to show it again, but apparently not. It's still there, apparently ruled by the bastard matriarchy. Noone there cares about the royal family dying either. If there's one thing that the show has clearly established is that just openly murdering people in power is great and has no negative consequences.

Arya teleports and kills Walder. There's no setup, there's no ordeal, there's no tension. Since apparently she's got superpowers now, why doesn't she just go to kill Cersei? Why didn't she kill Jaime? Is that because they're still wearing their plot armor?

Daenerys gets her first character development scenes since season one. Hey, I'm afraid it's too little too late to turn her into a nuanced character. She's apparently going to let Mereen vote for its leader. What a great idea, let's turn the existing government system upside down and just leave. I'm sure things are going to go well though, since a hothead mercenary is now left in charge.

Overall, this one episode had more things happen than the entire last two seasons put together. They really dropped the ball on the pacing. Most of the plotlines could be fixed or at least improved by giving them more depth and screentime, but since they decided to cram all of this into just one episode, things don't make sense.

2 hours ago, of man and wolf said:

Yeah the red wedding was huge and the most shocking thing to m from the books...we needed more time with the Freys and such....it just seemed so simple for a girl to do that stupid face changing thing and kill Walder as well as what...only the 2 other freys involved? Walder has like how many sons? 

I wanted a massacre. Somehow.

Arya can basically easily just kill anyone now. Some things GRRM came up with I dont really like much. The glamouring, the face stealing with arya, the resurrections, that kind of stuff...

Yes, imo it is used just a bit to arbitrarily for me, sometimes they are capable of it and sometimes not. Without knowing or understanding any of the ins and outs of how it all works it is difficult to just suspend disbelief and just accept it works when it suits the plot and doesn't when it doesn't suit the plot.

2 hours ago, Daenerys_Is_Coming said:

This irked me too. Benjen was just an Uber for Bran and company. What a waste. #Bujer

Should Benjen maybe tell Bran "hey, if you pass the wall then the same mark that the Nights King put on you that allowed him to Break the Wards that protected you in the cave will also allow him to bring down the wall, that's why I just mentioned the magic spells that were involved in its construction, so Bran, there's that, yes I Know seeing your family in Winterfell again might be nice but should you as the new 3eC maybe be thinking about every single man woman and Child in Westeros safety, think on it Bran,. Anyway I am off now to wherever the plot takes me, I just know it says in the script that I ride off now so bye"

2 hours ago, teemo said:

I am at 1:05 with 15 minutes left and I swear it has taken me like 5 hours to get here....I keep getting distracted.  It is so boring and frustrating. How do you guys get through it?? Alcohol???

Why, yes of course. Copious amounts ...and googling "cock jokes" while watching it.

2 hours ago, lalunadelmar said:

The storylines have all come apart at the hands of the writers these last two seasons but the teleportation element irks me most of all. And I like the fact that Olenna, all the way out in Dorne, hears of the burning but then Jamie and Bronn, who are on route, are completely surprised once they reach King's Landing. 

She has the Westeros Daily Mail (or Twitter)

So Lady Olenna learns her son and both of her grandchildren were brutally murdered in a single moment, completely destroying her house and the name Tyrell. This woman just lost everything. A perfect opportunity to show that even the strong Lady Olenna is vulnerable, right? Does she shed a tear? Does she put on a strong façade only to break down in private? Does she show any emotion over the fact that her whole family was incinerated into nothingness? Does she show anger or fury?

Lol no. Fans want some snarky comedy barbs dammit!

1 hour ago, Bastard of the Dreadfort said:

Thank God it's over. What a horrible season. I see poor creative choices, poor storytelling decisions, poor character development and poor fans getting shit on and being told to enjoy it.

Thank God its over. Worst season ever. Lets hope GRRM has more impact/input for the final season(s)/episodes/movie or whatever the hell Derp &Derp are planning. When you're looking at the clock during a GoT episode, somethings not right. When you knew things were going to happen due to a lack of nuance or subtlety from the start, something's not right. 

This whole season did not feel right. I'm not happy. Not happy at all.

It's a tie for me, I thought this season and season 5 were equally awful, but for different reasons.

Season 5's writing was slightly less awful, but they kept packing on more characters (and often lousy ones), rather than cutting the dead weight, leading to just empty episodes

Season 6 cut the dead weight, but the characterization, storytelling and overall writing was worse than ever

59 minutes ago, I am a Dragon said:

The wall still hasn't fallen...

Nope. Still working (good thing that the "Nights King"thing didn't follow Bran anywhere) - but it's odd, that Castle Black hasn't been shown for ages - so nobody knows what is going on there, whether there are any attacks from The Others and so on...

2 hours ago, Oldcrow81 said:

So many whiners...... 

Found the episode good, eventho i have read the books. 

Soundtrack was great IMO. 

This is the criticise thread, feel free to criticise the show without repercussion mate, that is the purpose of the thread.

Archived