Danny+Greyjoys+Dorne+Tyrells = Overkill?

8 minutes ago, TheOtherRedWoman said:

Of course they are. That wasn't the point I was trying to make. You are taking the word of ONE person, saying that an entire organization, devoted to higher learning, was out there killing dragons. Dragons are already notoriously hard to kill. Marwyn was a fraud when it came to that. 

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Marwyn

The Maester's doctrine is all about knowledge and science. If magic is real they lose power and relevance because they don't understand it and can't control it.

All the Maesters that deal with magic are shunned or expelled - viewed as blacksheeps or outcasts. That is proof of the Citadel's disdain for magic. Most Maesters dismiss the existence of magical creatures. spells and laugh at it.

Dragons are magic made flesh - Only the Targaryens could control the Dragons. That was the source of their power. To defeat them they would have to get rid of magic.

Marwyn and Qyburn don't follow the Citadel rules. Their seek for knowledge knows no bounds. They are clearly not your average Maester.

There hasn't been any storm in the show yet.

With the coming of winter a big storm will destroy half Dany fleet to create tension in the beginning of next season, that or a naval fight with Euron's fleet. Think about how Mereen fleet was burned only to be gained again at the end of season.

So things will look even between Dany and Cersei for most of the season, Cersei even getting some victories, of course until the last minute where Dany and the North will unite and Baelish save the day.

1 hour ago, farm_ecology said:

It isn't. As has been pointed out elsewhere in this thread, it is the largest by size, not population.

Oh gosh, sorry, I didn't mean it literally, I was just responding to the previously "it is known" because that is one of my favorite random things. I apologize for the confusion! 

2 hours ago, Kris370 said:

Didn't she leave the Khalasar behind in "The Bay of Dragons?" :unsure:

2 hours ago, Mourneblade said:

Nope you saw a boat with Dothraki and their horses in the End scene last night.

Yeah that was weird, she said she left Daario to take care of Mereen when he said that would be fun to see the Dothrakis sailing in the poisoned water and then we see boats with Dothraki people.... What??

It seems to me that the show writers set the whole thing up for a hasty defeat.  In one fell swoop Cersei managed to push almost the whole realm into the arms of house Targaryen, with the exception of what ever is left of house Baratheon.  Also up to this point it seems they've been so caught up with the BS going down with the high sparrow that they're completly unaware of the invasion force.

48 minutes ago, mattnj81 said:

Is there any passage in the books that specifically said the Citadel killed the dragons? I don't remember that at all in ASOIAF or in the World of Ice and Fire book.

Archmaester Marwyn revealed it was the maesters of the Citadel who killed off the last dragons of the Targaryens, and are secretly working to eradicate magic.

5 minutes ago, Mourneblade said:

Archmaester Marwyn revealed it was the maesters of the Citadel who killed off the last dragons of the Targaryens, and are secretly working to eradicate magic.

I don't recall that, do you know which book/chapter that was in? Or just which POV it was told from?

7 hours ago, TheOtherRedWoman said:

"The north is vast in size. While some say it is nearly as large as the the other territories combined,[5] in actuality it is roughly a third of the landmass controlled by the Iron Throne.[4] The region is sparsely populated, with vast wilderness, forests, pine-covered hills and snow-capped mountains, speckled with tiny villages and holdfasts."

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/North

Still the region with the most inhabitants, despite being sparcely populated. I am in a congress, when I come back home I will get the books and tell you the exact line .

Edit: Actually I dont need see the next post.

I also think Randyll Tarly could defect to the Lannister side, he's not likely to be happy about a woman ruling over him, be it Cersei or Dany however the Tarlys are Marcher lords and thus should despise the Dornish and plus Dany has an army consisting of foreigners, barbarians, and eunuchs as well. And with a show supposedly cutting down on characters it seems odd to finally just add him in now unless he has a role to play. 

I don't think any specific number's were mentioned in the final episode about how large Dany's Navy/Army really is, but we all know it's huge, otherwise I don't think she would be going to Westeros at this point, but she does have 3 dragons, so who knows.

But I am really curious to see who all does support the Targaryen restoration. We know Varys' was hard at work securing some alliances with Dorne and Highgarden. Then we got the matter of the other potential claimant to the Iron Throne, but I don't know how or when that would be revealed to Dany.

Also, we don't really know what Euron is capable of at this point. He did claim to be the Drowned God, or "the Storm" himself, so I guess in 10 months we'll really find out what kind of havoc he can deal. I'm sure he'll try to convince Dany first before he just flat out attacks her and Yara/Theon's massive fleet anyways.

Implosion will be the worst enemy of such a diverse force. We have dragons and Dothraki that can run uncontrolled and cause more than one diplomatic problems. The Tyrells are weak and the show didn't cast Randyll Tarly for one scene only. As someone said he might usurp the Reach lordship. I don't even know if the Dornish motives are so clear. What if their target is to take revenge from both the Lannisters and the Targaryens in one strike? 

I mean imagine Danny landing in Dorne and start marching north mustering her allies  along the way, and then the Dothraki sack a Dornish village. Whome does she justify? The Dornish or the Dothraki? Can she find a solution were both forces keep marching with her? Then a couple of weeks later Olenna begs her to march to retake Highgarden which has been captured by Tarly. Then a couple of Dragons wander away.

11 hours ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Dear all,

Danny has around 100,000 Dothraki, 7,000 unsullied (counting some died), possibly 3,000 former slaves

Yara/Theon have around 3,000 (100 ships, 30 crewmen at least per ship)

Dorne should have easily 20-30,000 since while not very populous they haven't been involved in wars since season 1.

Tyrells are the second richest family and probably will have an army of around 30,000 or more.

so Dany has potentially  an army of 170,000. If you taking in account others houses that support the Targaryen may side with her, she could reach 200,000

Against what? 

Lannister should not have more than 40,000. Cersei, is hated by people from Kingslanding, The North will never side with her...

Discuss...

Cersei is dragon food . .

Archived