Danny+Greyjoys+Dorne+Tyrells = Overkill?

2 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

According to the Books the North is the most populous and Dorne is the Least of Westeros. It is written. And it is known... :P

Perhaps in the Show it isn't

Is that true?  I don't remember specifics regarding population in the books.  I do remember Robb went south with just under 20k men and rodrik said he could send Robb an entire second army if they were given enough time to assemble everyone.  I also vaguely remember Doran saying he couldn't muster 15k spears.  So we can assume the north is more populated than dorne.  I always assumed the reach and the river lands were the more populated areas.  Even the crownlands.  I thought it went iron islands, dorne, then the north as the three least populated parts of the kingdom.

Just now, Mourneblade said:

Nope you saw a boat with Dothraki and their horses in the End scene last night.

I know I saw horses, though they could be anyones, I thought the rest were unsullied and whoever, sellswords maybe or just Ironborn/Masters crew. Also I'm sure she said to Daario that the Dothraki were to stay in Essos. I guess I'll have to go back and have another look.

5 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Not the south as a whole, you are correct, but more population than each of the other regions in isolation.  The south combined is more populous. Thats true.

Added: I don't consider, "South" as a region .  Because South would be Dorne, Reach, Riverlands, Stormlands etc..

Where is that pointed out in the books? I don't doubt you I just don't recall.

12 minutes ago, TheOtherRedWoman said:

I'd say they do. They have Edmure, the Tully heir, still imprisoned. Walder's death may be unfortunate for them, but then again, it doesn't meen the Frey's age going to suddenly just rise up against the ones that gave them all the power in the Riverlands in the first place. That seemed to be more about the satisfaction of the fans, tying up a loose end, than a big political statement.

Do you think Arya will just leave him there?

Where is it written that the Lannisters have a large army?  They have gold, but that isnt the same thing, especially with the Iron Bank against them and willing to fund the other side.  The books said that the Tyrells had the largest army, 80,000 at one point.  All of which presumes that Cersei was even in the line of succession, and that even the Lannisters will follow her after the events of the TV show.

Just another issue the TV show will solve via fiat.  

9 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Not the south as a whole, you are correct, but more population than each of the other regions in isolation.  The south combined is more populous. Thats true.

Added: I don't consider, "South" as a region .  Because South would be Dorne, Reach, Riverlands, Stormlands etc..

You may not, but it's clear the northerners see the south as a whole differently. Also, when you consider that the Lannisters had three times as many men as Robb at the start of the WoTFK, Renly had five times as many, etc. it's hard to imagine that the North has a larger population.

King's Landing, by itself, supposedly has half a million people living in it.

25 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

According to the Books the North is the most populous and Dorne is the Least of Westeros. It is written. And it is known... :P

Perhaps in the Show it isn't

It is known. 

I don't think there will be much of a fight for the throne, to be honest, because Dany is CLEARLY OP in that regard, barring something miraculous coming out of Cersei's hand (and considering she just killed her kid, essentially, to keep herself from a trial, I am guessing she doesn't have much aside from Wildfire). Of course, we could end up seeing Wildfire used in interesting ways which would be kinda cool.

Still, it's more that they're amassing an army now that will hopefully be somewhere close to The North by the time doomsday arrives. At that point Dany's big army will be a hugely helpful thing for Westeros. Hopefully. 

7 minutes ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

Do you think Arya will just leave him there?

Probably... I don't see her looking to give him a proper burial or anything like that... it's all about her vengeance, I doubt she cares what happens to his body now that he is dead. xD

5 minutes ago, ArtNJ said:

Where is it written that the Lannisters have a large army?  They have gold, but that isnt the same thing, especially with the Iron Bank against them and willing to fund the other side.  The books said that the Tyrells had the largest army, 80,000 at one point.  All of which presumes that Cersei was even in the line of succession, and that even the Lannisters will follow her after the events of the TV show.

Just another issue the TV show will solve via fiat.  

I don't have any specific place where it if written. At one point, Tywin has 20,000 men with him at Harrenhall, and that isn't all of his force. Some were in Kings Landing, some were with Jamie at the whispering wood... If I were home with my books I could pull up some accurate numbers, alas, I am not.

I'm certainly not saying that they have the largest... just a large number of men.

Sure, they could turn against Cersie... she just blew up the Faith and Tyrell heirs, who would really want to turn against that crazy, and who would they follow?

Things to think about anyway. 

Her army is going to be so blatantly overpowered it's going to be hard to see how Euron is going to end up being much a threat, unless they bring in the dragon horn and he steals one of her dragons but I don't recall them giving him the creepy supernatural vibe like the books did. The Lannisters have who knows how many left, I guess they'll just make up whatever they want, they can't really count on help from the RL or Stormlands so that leaves the Crownlands. The North should be a spent force but again they'll give them however men they want to give him. The Vale probably hasn't lost more than 100 men so they should be able to field a good size army. The only hope the lords of Westeros have of fighting off the foreign tyrant is an alliance between the West, North, Vale, and Euron.

1 minute ago, Rumy Stark said:

It is known. 

It isn't. As has been pointed out elsewhere in this thread, it is the largest by size, not population.

As for dany being OP, I wonder if they are going down the route of the Dothraki being a major problem. They are nomadic, where will they go once Westeros is conquered? Go back to the Grass sea? I would hope so, but I doubt it, D&D have built up none of this, and I suspect they will either be tragically annihilated by something else, or just fight against the WW.

If it turns out that the final battle will be between the North and the WW and Dany riding in to save the day at the last minute again, I will shoot myself.

34 minutes ago, TheOtherRedWoman said:

I do not think it is overkill. She is looking to take the Iron Throne. The Lannisters have a huge army, as well as control over the Riverlands. The more people that flock to Dany's cause, the better chances she has of taking over the throne. Would you want to risk the Tyrells and Martells choosing another side, or go ahead and have them and all their power on your side?

Also, the North is NOT the most populous region in Westeros. It is the largest, however is is more sparsely populated that any other region. The Vale is no longer isolated... they have sided with Jon in the North, and I doubt they will just return to not giving any shits about what is going on around them. They are under Littlefinger's control, who has Sweet Robin wrapped around his... well, little finger. Robin also adores his cousin Sansa... I find it hard to believe they will yank their support out from under Jon, who was just proclaimed King in the North. 

yup. Danerys will use whatever she needs to take back what is rightfully hers. Nothing is overkill when it comes to that. And its ok Cersi burned the religious sept because Danerys follows the red god anyway. She saved Daneys some work!

1 minute ago, Golden Eyes said:

yup. Danerys will use whatever she needs to take back what is rightfully hers. Nothing is overkill when it comes to that. And its ok Cersi burned the religious sept because Danerys follows the red god anyway. She saved Daneys some work!

Daenerys doesn't follow the red god.

3 minutes ago, Golden Eyes said:

I don't know that Dany actually follows any religion at this point. The Red Priests (In Mereen at least) follow her, and preach of her, but it has never been said anywhere that she follows any of the religions of the world. (Correct me if I am wrong or missed something!)

The Tyrell force alone could wreck the Lannisters and Freys. So 3 dragons + Dorne + Dothraki horde + portion of Ironborn is pure overkill. Hopefully something happens along the way to make the fight more balanced. Like maybe Randall Tarly defects from the Tyrells or Euron matches up with Cersei. Or Dany loses like half of her fleet in a storm or whatever.

Just now, El Guapo said:

Daenerys doesn't follow the red god.

She does now and probably Tyrion now. The preistesses were all calling for Danerys in Mereen and Cersi burning the spet was showing how Dany will rule when she gets there. Kings landing as it is is already falling apart. Remember Daneyrs's scene in the undying house when she sees parts of Kings landing burnt.? That was the throne room and Danerys does that part because she is going to burn it all down and start new as the one true Queen of Westeros.

Archived