Danny+Greyjoys+Dorne+Tyrells = Overkill?

OK, I think a few scenes have been misinterpreted. I don't see Dany aligning with either Dorne or The Tyrells. Maybe, but it would sure make for a boring invasion.

Yes I know Varys was in Dorne, but during that conversation was Dany ever brought up?

I think what we were seeing is Vary's cleverly playing the Tyrells and Dorne against the Freys and the Lannisters. His plan is to have the two sides fight each other, then Dany comes in and mops up the remnants. We have already seen some foreshadowing of this tactic, plus it fits with Dany's vision,

Now, that being said, Dany's forces are at their most vulnerable right now. Expect a battle with Euron, and while she will win, Euron and his fleet will inflict some significant damage to her forces.

5 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

OK, I think a few scenes have been misinterpreted. I don't see Dany aligning with either Dorne or The Tyrells. Maybe, but it would sure make for a boring invasion.

Yes I know Varys was in Dorne, but during that conversation was Dany ever brought up?

I think what we were seeing is Vary's cleverly playing the Tyrells and Dorne against the Freys and the Lannisters. His plan is to have the two sides fight each other, then Dany comes in and mops up the remnants. We have already seen some foreshadowing of this tactic, plus it fits with Dany's vision,

Now, that being said, Dany's forces are at their most vulnerable right now. Expect a battle with Euron, and while she will win, Euron and his fleet will inflict some significant damage to her forces.

He doesn't need to play the Tyrells and Dorne against the Lannisters, they already hate them. The Freys are nothing without the Lannisters so not even worth mentioning. What exactly do you think Varys was referring to when he says Fire and Blood if not Dany.

3 minutes ago, Boarsbane said:

He doesn't need to play the Tyrells and Dorne against the Lannisters, they already hate them. The Freys are nothing without the Lannisters so not even worth mentioning. What exactly do you think Varys was referring to when he says Fire and Blood if not Dany.

So, what your saying is Dany will win with Diplomacy as opposed to conquest. Who prey tell is she going to fight?

1 minute ago, Ice Spider said:

So, what your saying is Dany will win with Diplomacy as opposed to conquest. Who prey tell is she going to fight?

Euron no doubt, possibly Jaime and the Westerlands, I suggested earlier the possibility of Tarly and other Reachmen opposing Dany as she is siding with the Dornish and bringing a bunch of foreign barbarians to Westeros. Honestly it's hard to say with D&D as sometimes things are handled realistically and other times not.

13 hours ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Dear all,

Danny has around 100,000 Dothraki, 7,000 unsullied (counting some died), possibly 3,000 former slaves

Yara/Theon have around 3,000 (100 ships, 30 crewmen at least per ship)

Dorne should have easily 20-30,000 since while not very populous they haven't been involved in wars since season 1.

Tyrells are the second richest family and probably will have an army of around 30,000 or more.

so Dany has potentially  an army of 170,000. If you taking in account others houses that support the Targaryen may side with her, she could reach 200,000

Against what? 

Lannister should not have more than 40,000. Cersei, is hated by people from Kingslanding, The North will never side with her...

Discuss...

Your count seems fair however who's to say that Euron won't confound Dany's plans? Maybe he'll intercept Dany's fleet before she gets there. 

2 hours ago, Ice Spider said:

You should rewatch the final scene. There were tons of Tyrell and Martell ships in Dany's fleet. Along with her Targ and Greyjoy ones. The alliance already happened.

You are right the numbers are enormous but Euron is still a potentially disastrous wildcard. He could wreck a good portion of the fleet but I don't see why he'd try because he'd never win. This gross advantage in numbers tells me one thing. The showrunners are probably planning a huge catastrophic attack from the WW wrecking a huge part of Danys army as their introduction to the people of Westoros.

I totally see the Dorne/Greyjoy/Dany alliance working at first because girl power and sex appeal.

How they get along in other matters we'll see later on.

It seems things for Dany are going to be easy in Westeros, being Cersei the only rival (who has very little support). I expect they build up a new major antagonist now that house bolton is gone.

I agree with most of people who say that it is OVERKILL for taking Iron Throne. And considering that Dany has three dragons and wights are afraid of fire it seems too simple, isn't it? But I doubt that will be so simple considering there is a Night King. I think he for sure will have a countermeasure against the dragons, either an Ice Dragon or some magic. One way or another I doubt that Jon/Dany army will be more than 250000 for the final battle. As for Night King I expect it to be around 500000-1000000. And I am sure the result will be similar to Battle of Bastards when Jon's army will be surrounded. I think by raw power this battle can't be won. The key will be to defeat the Night King and I am sure it will be Jon who will do that. Dragons FOR SURE will be all killed in the battle.

Before the Jon/Dany alliance will be born I expect these powers on both sides:

Jon - North/Vale/Riverrun/Lannisters(after Jaime will leave Cersei)/Stormlands

Dany - Barbarians/Unsullied/Greyjoys/Dorn/Tyrells

The question for now is Sam's father house. It is hard to predict how will he act.

3 hours ago, Ice Spider said:

What did jon do when he learned of what the Red Priest did to Shireen?

Would Dany (not to mention Tyrion) act any differently upon learning of what the SS did to Myrcella?

Again a Dany/Dorne alliance makes no sense.

It makes sense, it's my enemy's enemy is my friend. Also Elia was married to Rhaegar, her children were murdered by the Lannisters, her children were Targaryens, remember that.

18 hours ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Dear all,

Danny has around 100,000 Dothraki, 7,000 unsullied (counting some died), possibly 3,000 former slaves

Yara/Theon have around 3,000 (100 ships, 30 crewmen at least per ship)

Dorne should have easily 20-30,000 since while not very populous they haven't been involved in wars since season 1.

Tyrells are the second richest family and probably will have an army of around 30,000 or more.

so Dany has potentially  an army of 170,000. If you taking in account others houses that support the Targaryen may side with her, she could reach 200,000

Against what? 

Lannister should not have more than 40,000. Cersei, is hated by people from Kingslanding, The North will never side with her...

Discuss...

Renly's army, which was mostly Tyrells, was around 100000 IIRC. So they would have a lot more than 30000. The Tyrells, through their bannerman, had the largest army in Westeros.

Cersei can also draw on the Riverlands, the Stormlands and the Kings lands for troops. She could raise a very formidable army as well.

3 hours ago, solomon585858 said:

I agree with most of people who say that it is OVERKILL for taking Iron Throne. And considering that Dany has three dragons and wights are afraid of fire it seems too simple, isn't it? But I doubt that will be so simple considering there is a Night King. I think he for sure will have a countermeasure against the dragons, either an Ice Dragon or some magic. One way or another I doubt that Jon/Dany army will be more than 250000 for the final battle. As for Night King I expect it to be around 500000-1000000. And I am sure the result will be similar to Battle of Bastards when Jon's army will be surrounded. I think by raw power this battle can't be won. The key will be to defeat the Night King and I am sure it will be Jon who will do that. Dragons FOR SURE will be all killed in the battle.

Before the Jon/Dany alliance will be born I expect these powers on both sides:

Jon - North/Vale/Riverrun/Lannisters(after Jaime will leave Cersei)/Stormlands

Dany - Barbarians/Unsullied/Greyjoys/Dorn/Tyrells

The question for now is Sam's father house. It is hard to predict how will he act.

Sam's father is a Tyrell bannerman, so he would declare for them. He is big on honor and doing your duty.

Cersei killing his liege lord and family would not go down well with a man like that.

4 hours ago, Asvpxkvng said:

You are right the numbers are enormous but Euron is still a potentially disastrous wildcard. He could wreck a good portion of the fleet but I don't see why he'd try because he'd never win. This gross advantage in numbers tells me one thing. The showrunners are probably planning a huge catastrophic attack from the WW wrecking a huge part of Danys army as their introduction to the people of Westoros.

The final conflict with the white walkers will happen in season 8. Season 7 will probably revolve mostly around the struggle for the iron throne.

16 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Danny by herself is an overkill, the others are just "ass kissers",

This. When you have Dany Sue everything else is just decoration.

I am not even sure that there will be a fight at all. Tyrells+Dorne is a much stronger allience than the Lannister force atm, the fight could be well over by the time Dany arrives.

I think Dany is supposed to look unstoppable at this point. I think it is pretty safe to assume, that there will be twist in her invasion story, maybe the dragon horn, maybe something else.

And I don't know why some are thinking, that she got so many plot gifts. It took her long enough to build that army and set sail to Westeros.

My money is on Euron. The show didn't make much of a point about his dabbling in magic and being the most goldy man alive. I don't think we will see much of that from him, but I do believe he has the dragon horn and that it was skipped over to be kept as a surprise when he does use it. 

He is planning to sail to Daenerys with 1000 ships. I'm not sure how many she had, but I think it is safe to say it was not that many. Eurons wouldn't be fully occupied, but the Ironborn are masters of sea warfare. The Dothraki are not. Throw in the dragon horn and you have Dany's only trump card rendered useless. 

The thing I am curious about is what happens if he blows the horn and Dany is riding Drogon. Perhaps her influence and close connection would be enough to stop the effects of the horn, but she still loses two dragons. Or... Drogon comes under Eurons control and Daenerys is now his prisoner. 

7 hours ago, Ice Spider said:

I noticed during a rewatch that Danys fleet had ships with Tyrell and Martell sails so i think they are aligned. Without Faegon they need to find an obstacle for her somehow because Cersei has no allies at all. Euron running into them and having an open sea battle would be a great way to start S7.

Tarly will go with Tyrell, but who knows how big an army?

Team Dany - Unsullied, Dothraki, Ironborn Group A, Martells, Tyrells

Team Cersei - City Watch, Queen's Guard, Lannisters (until Jamie pulls out, if Jamie does), Ironborn Group B

Team Stark - The North, the Vale (I suppose Petyr could declare for Cersei, but he's got to see her days are numbered), what's left of the Tully's, the Wolves, will be busy with their own.

Game changers:

When Jamie has his 'oh, fuck,' moment and does something about it.

When it's found out that Jon is a Targaryn

When Sansa finds out just how badly Baelish betrayed Ned.

When Tyrion finds out that Petyr and Olenna killed Joff and left him holding the bag.

Who does the Iron Bank like, these days?

Archived