Quarterfinals : Poland/Portugal, Wales/Belgium, Germany/Italy, France/Iceland

I'm sad for Iceland, but at the same time my fantasy team is racking up a ton of points. All 3 of my Frenchmen scored. They just need to not concede and I'll be happy.

France is currently playing their best game of the tournament.

5 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Literally every player in Iceland has a surname ending in "son."

Not true. How can you forget Eidur Gudjohnsen?

It's been said before in my recent absence from the threads, but last night's match against Italy I reckon has burnt Germany to the wire. France were my own 2nd favourites from the start for winning this tournament if they got into gear in this, and I think they'll be a lot of people's favourites for winning it now.

2 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Literally every player in Iceland has a surname ending in "son."

That's because those aren't surnames, they're patronymics (see Wiki article). Iceland is small enough that they haven't had to resort to surnames yet.

Sadly, I think this match is over. The difference in the class of individual players is just too much and I can't think of any team that has come back from 4-0 after the half.

Well damn, I rooted for Iceland just for the sheer audacity of it. While I kind of always expected a clear victory for France, this is just humiliating. Well deserved, they are clearly the superior team, but humiliating nonetheless. And the English must feel incredibly foolish right now...

On 01/07/2016 at 7:01 AM, PirateVergo said:
On 28/06/2016 at 6:52 PM, HowdyGareth Bale said:

Iceland has a chance against France. I actually think that England was the tougher opponent between the two teams because of France's weak back line

I told you France wasn't England.

England is 5 steps below the big boys : France Italy Spain Germany

19 minutes ago, Emre Mor-mont said:

Not true. How can you forget Eidur Gudjohnsen?

He is one of those rare Icelanders whose surname is actually a family name and not a patronymic 

Archived