Survivor: MvGX

Scrambled Aegon

Nothing new on that front and the season's still a couple months away, but there's new info on S34 (the season title and a full breakdown of the tribes the final cast is broken up into) so I figured this deep into the off-season, might as well do it in the new thread.

Full S34 tribes are as follows:

The Mana tribe consists of Caleb, Jeff V., Malcolm, Tony, Troyzan, Aubry, Ciera, Hali, Sandra, and a woman from MvGX (whose identity is known but may be considered an S33 spoiler, so I'm leaving it out.) The Nuku tribe consists of Andrea, Ciera, Debbie W., Sarah L., Sierra T., Brad C.,  J.T., Ozzy, Tai, and an S33 man.

The title of the season is "Survivor: Game Changers - The Mamanuca Islands", because obviously including the location as the subtitle is the only thing that makes more sense than calling Hali Ford and Sierra Dawn Thomas "game-changers."

I am definitely rooting for Nuku, under the assumption that Sandra will either be first out or win no matter which tribe she's on, making her tribe designation irrelevant. Other than Sandra, every single person who made me excited about the season is on Nuku (plus Andrea and Brad). Mana has Tony and Ciera who I can't stand, Malcolm and Hali and Caleb who I don't care about, and Jeff/Caleb/Aubry are all contestants I don't care enough about for how soon it is. If you swapped Andrea for Sandra, Nuku would be more or less perfect, though this male cast has so many weak choices that you literally cannot make a tribe without including at least one - but Nuku does have as few as possible. since the men of Mana suck. So definitely pulling for Nuku to more or less Ulong Mana.

• 3 months later...

I am.  I haven't found it very compelling so far compared to other seasons, but last night's episode was much better imo.  Glad we don't have to deal with the arrogant blatant power couple anymore.  Hopefully Taylor will go next.

I have been watching of course. This season hasn't resonated with me like the last few though. It is strange because the Millennials casting was knocked out of the park. Almost every single one of them are giving us gold, and so is David and Ken from the Gen X tribe.  

I think that I might feel just a little lack luster about this season because it has been going head to head every week with two to three episodes of Australian SURVIVOR that just had the best finale since season one of the American version. The Australians came into it with having watched all of the seasons of America's game, but with the strong mateship ideals that hold their society together. It was a really unique way to watch the game, and it made everything fresh for me.

In other SURVIVOR news, I am going to an open casting call next week, and I am working on putting together a video application as well. I've been through the process before, but it has been over ten years now, and I'm ready to try and climb back on that horse that bucked me off. It has always been a dream of mine to play.

48 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

In other SURVIVOR news, I am going to an open casting call next week, and I am working on putting together a video application as well. I've been through the process before, but it has been over ten years now, and I'm ready to try and climb back on that horse that bucked me off. It has always been a dream of mine to play.

Good luck :thumbsup: 

Last season kind of burned me out, after Aubrey didn't win it, I felt like the show lost something for me. Still can't believe Michele walked away with the win. 

Either ways, I'm on the second episode of this season. I despise the whole Gen X V Millennials crap, but oh well. Could they be spouting out more cliches about their respective generations? Ugh. 

16 minutes ago, Raja said:

Michaela is a bit of a beast in these challenges. 

I really like her.  Especially her attitude, it's so different from the rest of the millennials... but I'm worried that that and her aptitude in challenges means she'll have a big old target on her back very soon.

It could be worse - Probst could be going on about 'Voting Blocks' and how Survivor has changed. I prefer his absurd Millennial V Gen X talk instead, tbh. 

Howdy, if you get onto the show, I will be *very* peeved if you don't give a shoutout to Westeros.org! 

Hey, good luck with the call!

Yeah, I was watching Australia too and it was draining, but good. It feels like MvGX hasn't really gotten going yet. I will absolutely get on the Michaela love train! I love everything about her, especially her attitude. Her confessionals are beautiful 'They're about to see some ta-tas' :lol:

Also love Ken and David. Zeke has potential and Jay is intriguing. I think he's got more going on that it first appears. Also super glad that Figgy is gone. I listened to an exit interview with her and she seemed to be trying really hard to be nonchalant to mask a bitterness. Maybe I'm reading into it because I wasn't fond of what we were shown of her, but meh - she's gone and Taylor will be more interesting without her around.

Australian Survivor spoilers

But seriously, how awesome was that finale? The jury's reaction to the necklace around Kristie's neck was worth the wait. I've read that some people didn't like Kristie's plea to Lee at the end, but damn, it got me. It was just so raw and she was letting herself all hang out there, not caring how it looked. It was just such an honest moment from her. I was so impressed by all of them literally giving it everything they had. Much respect. It was hard to watch all of them, and then Kristie not even being able to move off of Lee. Seriously fantastic ending and I love Kristie as a winner. I'm in the same boat as the jurors - I didn't think I would like it, but she stood up for herself and explained her game. Amanda needs to take notes.

I was wondering if any o/s people had been watching our Aussie Survivor - glad you enjoyed it.  It dragged a bit in the middle, but it was fun though I'm still not sure what to think about our winner lol

I'm glad the US version is back though and have liked the tribal splits.  Ken is my favourite so far though I kinda like watching Michaela (but I'm not sure I'd want to live with her) and I'm enjoying David far more than I expected to ;)

I'm watching the pilot of the Australian one right now - 55 days??! Yikes! Also, it is very hard not to laugh at how seriously the host takes himself. 

Edit - Surely it should be Survivor: Australia, as opposed to Australian Survivor. The latter sounds cumbersome. 

17 hours ago, Gertrude said:

Hey, good luck with the call!

Yeah, I was watching Australia too and it was draining, but good. It feels like MvGX hasn't really gotten going yet. I will absolutely get on the Michaela love train! I love everything about her, especially her attitude. Her confessionals are beautiful 'They're about to see some ta-tas' :lol:

Also love Ken and David. Zeke has potential and Jay is intriguing. I think he's got more going on that it first appears. Also super glad that Figgy is gone. I listened to an exit interview with her and she seemed to be trying really hard to be nonchalant to mask a bitterness. Maybe I'm reading into it because I wasn't fond of what we were shown of her, but meh - she's gone and Taylor will be more interesting without her around.

Australian Survivor spoilers

Hide contents

But seriously, how awesome was that finale? The jury's reaction to the necklace around Kristie's neck was worth the wait. I've read that some people didn't like Kristie's plea to Lee at the end, but damn, it got me. It was just so raw and she was letting herself all hang out there, not caring how it looked. It was just such an honest moment from her. I was so impressed by all of them literally giving it everything they had. Much respect. It was hard to watch all of them, and then Kristie not even being able to move off of Lee. Seriously fantastic ending and I love Kristie as a winner. I'm in the same boat as the jurors - I didn't think I would like it, but she stood up for herself and explained her game. Amanda needs to take notes.

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes. I have been watching youtube videos done by Dan Gheesling a two time Big Brother player and winner of Season 10 to get tips on how to get cast. He has a pretty intensive set of talks about it. 

About Australian Survivor 

I don't know how anyone could complain about that last episode at all. I was literally in tears. It was the most raw and honest emotions that I have ever seen displayed. Kristie was not going to lose that last challenge. The funny thing about it was Lee was still going to be a dick and fight her even though he knew he had already secured his place. He was in the process of starting to tell her exactly that when his body gave out. It was one of the most uplifting TV experiences I have ever seen. 

Also, that final tribal was by far the best single performance I have ever seen. Second place was probably a tie between Todd Herzog from Survivor China, and J.T. Thomas from Tocanchins. Kristie blew them both out of the water. No one has ever explained their game better. When she said that she had gone to 20 tribal councils and that in every single one she knew the person who was going home, my mouth hit the floor. I didn't even have respect for her game until I heard that, thought about it and realized it was true. When you add that to the fact that her Dad was right there to see her fulfill her lifelong dream... Well, let's just say that this season's American version doesn't have a chance to compete with that....

17 hours ago, Raja said:

I'm watching the pilot of the Australian one right now - 55 days??! Yikes! Also, it is very hard not to laugh at how seriously the host takes himself. 

Yes - 55 days and a few episodes without a tribal council made it drag in the middle.  Down here it aired 2 or 3 nights a week.

I'm surprised you don't know the host since he's appeared in shows like NCIS, Cold Case, The Sopranos and the District to mention a few.  Perhaps you don't recognise him without his American accent ;) 

Anyway - I think it was his first tv hosting gig - and he does get more comfortable as the series progresses.

7 hours ago, The Knight of Flours said:

I'm surprised you don't know the host since he's appeared in shows like NCIS, Cold Case, The Sopranos and the District to mention a few.  Perhaps you don't recognise him without his American accent ;) 

I actually haven't seen any of those ( cop procedurals bore me to tears). Though I *should* check out The Sopranos at some point. 

Finished the first episode. Des seemed *slightly* ridiculous. 

Edit: I love these Aussies - "It's a team game" "we're family" - "I want to play with Integrity" - Cut to American Survivor "Fuck these other dudes, I want to win" 

Yeah i love Michaela so I'm not exactly pleasde but it's almost guaranteed she will be back on the show.  Probably a good move by Jay in the sense that she was a really, really, strong player and you got to take those out when the chance strikes.  However that now pertains to him.

3 hours ago, Slurktan said:

Yeah i love Michaela so I'm not exactly pleasde but it's almost guaranteed she will be back on the show.  Probably a good move by Jay in the sense that she was a really, really, strong player and you got to take those out when the chance strikes.  However that now pertains to him.

The thing is, it was a horrible move for Jay. First of all, she would have kept her final four with him without a question, so he just booted an ally from the game while simultaneously making an enemy out of Hannah, another ally. Secondly, Michaela, with her gregarious personality and physical dominance in challenge after challenge was a bigger target than him for the other side to take a swing at. I think that Jay is not long for this game even with an idol right now, and it his own damned fault.  

Archived