What are you listening to? Vol. XXII

DireWolfSpirit

On 16.11.2016 at 9:46 PM, Lykos said:

I'm obsessed with Dagmar Krause and I feel realy dumb to not have heard of her before.

A project with Chris Cutler and Fred Frith, she met when she started a cooperation with experimental art rock band Henry Cow as singer of Slapp Happy (1969) a 'naive' rock project of her husband Anthony Moore.

Blue Flower

Small Hands of Stone

Heading for Kyoto

Casablanca Moon

Hah, only nine days later Hamburg label Tapete Records has rereleased the Slapp Happy albums.

Now listening to Hope Sandoval and Kurt Vile crooning Let Me Get There

I can't stop listening to Jeff Rosenstock's WORRY.

Right now, it's a late entry into my album-of-the-year considerations. Part of it is personal, as some of the songs speak very directly to living in Brooklyn. But the majority of the album is pretty universal if you're (A) alive right now, (B) give a shit about the world, and (C) are down with punk rock. The go-to phrase in reviews has been "punk rock Abbey Road" because the second half of the albums is a bunch of short songs that blend right into each other and do some genre-hopping along the way. If that appeals to you, check it out from track 10 on. Otherwise, listen to the whole damn thing.

Need a quick tease? Check out the video for "Wave Goodnight to Me". A stupidly catchy song (that's still not even the best on the album), an entertaining video, and a joke lifted straight from a classic Simpsons episode.

10 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I can't stop listening to Jeff Rosenstock's WORRY.

Right now, it's a late entry into my album-of-the-year considerations. Part of it is personal, as some of the songs speak very directly to living in Brooklyn. But the majority of the album is pretty universal if you're (A) alive right now, (B) give a shit about the world, and (C) are down with punk rock. The go-to phrase in reviews has been "punk rock Abbey Road" because the second half of the albums is a bunch of short songs that blend right into each other and do some genre-hopping along the way. If that appeals to you, check it out from track 10 on. Otherwise, listen to the whole damn thing.

Need a quick tease? Check out the video for "Wave Goodnight to Me". A stupidly catchy song (that's still not even the best on the album), an entertaining video, and a joke lifted straight from a classic Simpsons episode.

I am going to need to know if I should be interested in this if I enjoy, charitably, around three (3) Bomb The Music Industry! songs.

33 minutes ago, Inigima said:

I am going to need to know if I should be interested in this if I enjoy, charitably, around three (3) Bomb The Music Industry! songs.

Um, maybe? Probably depends on which three songs. I mean, it's the same guy writing songs and singing, but he's a few years older now and perhaps a touch more sophisticated as a songwriter. A lot of the songs on the second half of WORRY. sounds like BtMI! if you stripped those songs down to the essential bits, I suppose.

^Wow. That video is something, um, special. I don't really think I ever heard that song prior to the GotG v2 trailer, but I dig the tune.

I've been listening to the new Tribe Called Quest album, Thank You For Your Service... this past week. I love it.  Finally Amazon Prime music comes through for me.

Tay Tay is releasing a new album soon according to Buzzfeed (which is always so totally 110% accurate and thoroughly researched), so I'm getting ready by listening to 1989.

I can hear you judging me and I don't care. :D

Archived