Scenario – Joffrey Baratheon

devilish

Spoiler

Imagine yourself taking over Joffrey Baratheon’s character exactly after the battle of Blackwater’s bay. 
Some questions you would have to take in account
Would you marry Margaery or would you insist on Sansa?

If you choose Margaery whom would you have Sansa married too?Uncle Jamie returns to KL maimed and broken. Would you keep him as KG or would you have him sent away?
Uncle Tyrion is heavily wounded but he’ll survive. Would you treat him with contempt? If no would you give him a role? If yes, which role?
There are rumours that Tywin is planning the red wedding. You can stop him if you want to. Would you stop him?
How would you tackle the iron islanders?
What about Stannis, Cersei and Robb?
Would you recall your sister? If yes, whom would you have her married to? 

I’d marry Margaery which will grant me the Tyrells favour. Id release Jamie Lannister from the KG, which in turn would make him the rightful heir of Tywin Lannister. That should score me some brownie points with the old lion, who always wanted the golden boy back
My small council will be the following. Tywin hand of the king, Mace master of coin, Randyll Tarly master of war, Paxter Redywne master of ships, Varys master of whispers, Littlefinger, Tyrion and Oberyn acting as advisors.  

Meanwhile Tommen is married off to Sansa. Sansa and Tommen are around the same age and Tommen is a good boy. I’d order a small expedition to Dragonstone. Once the castle is vacated, Tommen will become Lord of Dragonstone. Sansa would love to leave KL and that would act as a small kindness to her. Cersei will be sent with them and reminded of how important Sansa is to keep the peace between the North and the rest. 

As king I’d expect my sister to return to KL once the city is safe. I’ll ensure the Martells that the marriage between Trystane and Myrcella will go through. In matter of fact, once married, the boy would be appointed Lord of Castamere. That is a very elegant way to bring Myrcella back and hopefully gain a hostage if needed while appeasing the Martells.

I’d personally lead the royalist army to the Riverlands with Randyll, Tywin and Jamie commanding the expedition.  However before crushing Robb I’d offer him 1 final chance to bend the knee. He’ll renounce his crown, he’ll have to offer hostages (including  Cat, Brynden and all Westerlings bar his wife) and he’ll have to agree to some matchups. In exchange I’ll let Robb retain the North,I will help him reconquer it  by giving his army a lift to white harbour and if the Greyjoys refuse to bend the knee to the crown by allowing the marriage between Asha and Lancel then Ill help the North get their revenge.  I would also expect Robb to capture Stannis and his daughter if he ever meets him and to send them back to KL. Stannis would lose his head. Shireen would be pardoned but she’ll lose lands and title. She’ll live her remaining days in KL as a guest. 
The Tullys and the Freys won’t be as fortunate. House Tully will be accused of betraying the crown by bending the knee to a foreign king. Edmure will retain Riverrun but he will lose the LP role and will have to marry Janei Lannister. House Frey will be accused of a far worse crime. They turned their back to the crown in times in need despite the fact that they shared blood with the Lannisters (Genna Lannister is married to a Frey). They will be forfeit the crossing, with Walder spending his remaining days in CR as a guest. His children would either be sent to the wall or become commoners. Refusal to surrender will lead to heads, spikes etc. 

Sir Kevan Lannister will get Harrenhal while Uncle Tyrion will inherit the crossing and be appointed Lord Paramount of the Riverlands. Rob would also have to give his consent to marry his mother to Tyrion. 

Hopefully through these marriages I’ll be able to

a-    Consolidate the Lannister power over the Riverlands. Kevan holds Harrenhal, Edmure will be married to a Lannister, so his sons will be half Lannister and Tyrion will be married to Cat Tully with his children being half-brothers to the Starks and cousins to the crown. 
b-    Build a solid wall that should be able to greatly weaken a future invasion from the North. The Twins will prove a very difficult obstacle for the Northern army to beat and by doing so, they would put Robb’s mother at risk. 
c-    Send the message that anyone helping the Lannisters will be reaping rewards (ex Kevan) while those betraying the Lannisters will suffer huge losses. 

Once Robb bends the knee I’ll start negotiating with Lysa. The war is over. Her family not only bend the knee but they are now safe and are married to a Lannister. There’s no need to any bloodshed. Robin will retain his lands and titles. All he has to do is bend the knee. That should be pretty straightforward.
Regarding the Stormlands they will be united to the crownlands. Storm’s end will become the Baratheon’s version of dragonstone ie the place where my heir would be sent to make his bones until he becomes king. 

Marry Margaery to assure Tyrell support.

Marry Sansa to Lancel or some other Lannister. It would make her less tempted to flee.

Keep Jaime in the KG. Dismissing Ser Barristan was a mistake, taking the white cloak of another KG will make the brotherhood nothing more than a normal guard.

Tyrion could be a advisor or master of coin.

Stop the RW, promise some castles(like Darry) to the Freys and Boltons for their support. Build a host with as much southern soldiers as possible and march to the Riverlands and the North. Robb would be hanged for treason.

For now, I wouldn't care about the Iron Islands or Stannis. Cersei would be my mother anyway, I would keep her in KL.

Myrcella stay with the Martells

The problem I see with your plan @devilish is the giving the Tullys a Lannister bride shouldn't be done as it kind of gives the impression of rewarding rebel leaders as that could send some strange messanges to people. An amnesty would be far more than enough. Also in regards to the Martells I wouldn't waste by time of them. A marriage and lordship won't make up for Elia and her children and so its probably better to give them nothing and focus on rewarding the men of proven loyalty. The problem is of course that Myrcella is already Dorne so the marriage will probably take place, but I wouldn't throw in a lordship in the Westerlands to it.

The lesson from Cersei's attempt to man her new fleet should not be forgotten or ignored. Better rely on men of loyalty than on men of dubious loyalty.

EDITED: Otherwise I think the plan is very good.

41 minutes ago, LionoftheWest said:

The problem I see with your plan @devilish is the giving the Tullys a Lannister bride shouldn't be done as it kind of gives the impression of rewarding rebel leaders as that could send some strange messanges to people. An amnesty would be far more than enough. Also in regards to the Martells I wouldn't waste by time of them. A marriage and lordship won't make up for Elia and her children and so its probably better to give them nothing and focus on rewarding the men of proven loyalty. The problem is of course that Myrcella is already Dorne so the marriage will probably take place, but I wouldn't throw in a lordship in the Westerlands to it.

The lesson from Cersei's attempt to man her new fleet should not be forgotten or ignored. Better rely on men of loyalty than on men of dubious loyalty.

EDITED: Otherwise I think the plan is very good.

After the Tyrell-Lannister alliance, the crown could easily take Robb down. However I don't think its a good idea to do so. The North is just too vast and wild for a non Northerner to rule it by force. Also the Tyrells are merchants not warriors. Soon enough they will start wondering what the hell they are doing in this frozen land with poor soil while their army is being starved and frozen to death.

The only candidates who could rule the North is a Northerner ie either Robb or maybe Roose. 

Choosing Robb for the role had plenty of advantages

a- The Boltons had never been wardens of the North so the North might easily reject them. On the other hand the Starks are tried and tested. They had lead the North for hundreds of years and for most of the time they were loyal subjects to the crown
b- The Starks love family. By the time Robb had captured the North, Edmure would be married to a Lannister. Tyrion should have married and impregnated Cat and Tommen should have done the same with Sansa. 
c- The Boltons are basically Roose and his Bastard. There's little leverage to play upon. On the other hand Robb would have to leave behind plenty of hostages including the Westerlings, his own mother and his sister. If he rebels then his in laws will be wiped off. If he marches South he'll have to fight against his mother's new husband and against his sister's husband and that after being given a pardon + the crown had helped him by giving him a lift North.

I think the crown will be greatly strengthened by this plan.

a- The North will return to the Starks but Robb has too much to lose to even contemplate rebellion. His anger towards the Greyjoys will contribute to bring the iron islands back to the fold. 

b- The Riverlands will be lead by a grateful Tyrion Lannister, who was given all the tools (a powerful castle which generate great income, a great matchup with one of the most powerful and beautiful woman in Westeros, the LP role and a grateful Uncle Kevan as bannerman to provide military expertise if needed) to succeed. Such land can easily become a wall against the North that would give the crown time to prepare if needs  be. 

c- The Westerlands will see a grateful Tywin lannister who finally has his natural heir back. A matchup between Jamie and Asha, Arianne or Wylla Manderly would consolidate power across the 7 kingdoms. With Jamie in CR, the rumours surrounding him and Cersei will die out. Tywin and Jamie would also have Trystane as bannerman just in case the Martells decide to do something silly. 

d- The union between the crownlands and the stormlands will contribute in making the crownlands a force to be reckon with. Joffrey could easily find safety in Storm's end in times of war if needs be. 

e- Tommen will take dragonstone and he will marry one of the most beautiful girls in the kingdom. The fact that the North have no fleet will make it difficult for them to rescue Sansa if they ever contemplate to rebel again

f- Margaery would marry the king and with Cersei out of the way, the union between the Reach and the crown should remain strong for many many years. 

g- Cersei will live the rest of her life in Dragonstone, away from power and Jamie. As king, I'll make it obvious that if she acts silly she'll end up being married off to some minor bannerman in Dorne, very, very, very close to the Martells. She wont act silly after that.

h- Dorne will probably refuse to act stupid since Trystane would end up paying the price. He's too near to CR to avoid retribution and lets face it, no one wants to hear the Martells of Castamere

Jaime will be kept. He is loyal and at least to a certain extent competent, which is more than I could say of my mother's creatures. 

I marry Marg. She is hotter and politically more valuable. I would have Sansa married to Tommen instead (noone going to take the heir to Winterfell out of my reach, sorry). 

I will join the council meetings, but Tywin remains in charge of the government. He is far more qualified than I am and he can teach me quite a few things I assume. Tyrion can remain part of the council as well, as Master of Coin. Kevan would be Tywin's successor in case he dies. Cersei would have to be married off as Tywin intended before his death, I can't have her meddle in the kingdom's politics any longer.

Tyrion is able, but a constant damage to the court's reputation, with his excessive drinking and him being an ugly dwarf and all that. He would get a suitable wife and keep his position, but that's it. 

Littlefinger would have to go. I could imagine using him as a scapegoat for a lot of the intrigue going on in the capital, as well as for the Red Wedding. The lords of the Vale don't like him much anyway, so I could, in exchange for them declaring their loyalty, let them choose their Paramount (probably Bronze Yohn), as well as who will be in charge of fostering Sweetrobin. 

I'd try to get marriage alliances with the Vale too. Myrcella is promised to Dorne, but I assume there are some Lannister women willing to marry Harry the heir or Sweetrobin. Heck, maybe I could get one of them to marry Cersei if she isn't too old already. 

The Ironborn would be left to their own devices until they pose a threat. As long as they fight for the North, I'd let them fight. 

The Freys are way too unpopular to be left in charge of the Riverlands. Instead, I'd get a Tully again, or someone from a lesser Riverland house who is not a Frey. 

Roose and Stannis would be left in peace as well. Let the two fight for the North and bleed each other out. 

I would definitely not give the High Sparrow as much power as Cersei did though, as he removed the old High Septon illegally I'd have him taken into custody and maybe killed and a new pet of mine made High Septon again. 

And I wouldn't stop paying the Iron Bank. Never. 

Wouldn't the first priority be to desperately convince people that you have been possessed by some demon for the past months or something in order to avoid being poisoned on your Wedding Day?

Following that thought...could I just declare myself mentally unfit to rule, abdicate in favor of Tommen and then hightail it to Casterly Rock to marry some Lannister cousin?

Otherwise I have no idea how to avoid that goblet of poison... having a honest heart to heart talk with Margaery and/or the Queen of Thorns? Actually suggesting the Willas-Sansa match to the Tyrells (what would I do with Winterfell?).

Accusing Tyrion of casting a spell on me/feeding me poison that made me act like an utter jackass? I don't want to hurt Tyrion, but he's unpopular enough for people to buy it.

Scratch that, Pycelle can be the scapegoat, yeah nobody likes Pycelle. 

Or could it all be chalked up to me being "mad with grief" over the fatass' death? That stuff with Sansa just can't be explained away. Then again the Demon possession angle migth work if i'm able to predict stuff happening, then it's just a quick trip to the High Septon to get some sort of excorcism.

I can't do anything about Tywin or the Red Wedding...he's Tywin Lannister.  but before the Red Wedding happens I might try to make peace with Robb, not sure how...granting them independence would bring destabilization to the Realm, which would be bad. Return Sansa? Offer assistance against the Iron Born?

Trying to get Tywin to leave by bribing him with restoring Jaime to the line of succession and making Tyrion hand of the king. Tyring to get Cersei to leave as well, she might if Jaime does...

Keeping Storm's End as a summer residence (for now) and then simply trying to avoid dying until Daenerys comes with her dragons that could roast me alive within seconds and bending the knee before that can happen. Then simply retyring to Storm's End.

Personally, I think I'd have Joffrey undergo a sudden religious epiphany triggered by being in an actual battle for the first time, and declare his intention to do penance and make amends for his cruelty to Sansa (and quietly spread rumours that it was mostly Cersei's bad influence, she being jealous of Sansa). Then behave in as publically honourable and decent a manner as possible.

(If I know what's coming, on the other hand, I steal as much of the gold of Casterly Rock as possible, and escape to a new life and identity in Essos before Dany and her dragons arrive.)

38 minutes ago, Lady Lia said:

Personally, I think I'd have Joffrey undergo a sudden religious epiphany triggered by being in an actual battle for the first time, and declare his intention to do penance and make amends for his cruelty to Sansa (and quietly spread rumours that it was mostly Cersei's bad influence, she being jealous of Sansa). Then behave in as publically honourable and decent a manner as possible.

(If I know what's coming, on the other hand, I steal as much of the gold of Casterly Rock as possible, and escape to a new life and identity in Essos before Dany and her dragons arrive.)

That's a pretty good idea actually. Blame your bad decisions on your young age and bad council (worked often enough in history and in Cersei, Tyrion, Littlefinger and Varys Joffry has pretty decent scapegoats) and declare that the Seven told you how to see through their schemes. Procede to behead Littlefinger and Varys in front of a few thousand people at the Sept of Baelor. They are not very popular anyway. 

You could do the same to deny any responsibility for the Red Wedding, and punish the Freys for it. 

6 hours ago, devilish said:
  Hide contents

Imagine yourself taking over Joffrey Baratheon’s character exactly after the battle of Blackwater’s bay. 

If you choose Margaery whom would you have Sansa married too?Uncle Jamie returns to KL maimed and broken. Would you keep him as KG or would you have him sent away?
Uncle Tyrion is heavily wounded but he’ll survive. Would you treat him with contempt? If no would you give him a role? If yes, which role?
There are rumours that Tywin is planning the red wedding. You can stop him if you want to. Would you stop him?

I would command my grandfather to pursue Stannis and destroy him. Then I would have the Tyrells march on the riverlands and crush those stupid wolves and their fish friends too. Since grandfather proved so useless at defeating Robb Stark.

Uncle Jaime is useless to me. What good is a cripple for being my personal bodyguard. Send him to the wall to live with the other rejects of my kingdom. If mother has a problem with it then she can know the back of my hand just like father used to do. Or maybe go home to the rock. A king has no need of a mothers doting.

Once Robb is dead I can make Sansa walk naked all the way back to winterfell.

i will also demand that the redwynes crush the iron fleet.

With peace restored I can now make every town and city in the kingdom construct a statue of me to honor my actions as king during the rebellions. I am the smartest most handsome man I know and also really brave.

Raise taxes on the poor. They don't need money to live in their huts and eat horse poo anyways and I need the money to repay the iron bank.

start a new bank anyways and prepare for war with bravos. Foreigners aren't good at anything

I like to think nothing would change Joffrey, and I think the blackwater probably fed all the negative aspects of him. So he was always gonna suck.

IF he magically became a logical, rational, and compassionate human being then maybe:

Marry Marg

Try to make peace with Robb. He can't be a king but he retains all lands and titles, gets Ice and Ned's bones and Sansa, and Joff publicly admits he was wrong to execute Ned. (Not saying Ned was right, just acknowledge the years of loyal service and that he was likely not thinking clearly during the mourning for his best friend and king. His confession should have been enough to garner forgiveness and mercy.)

Crush Stannis and the Ironborn. Thoroughly.

Kill LF (ok maybe I don't know why I should do this but I totally should)

make peace with the arryns

negotiate with the iron bank to do a repayment plan starting in spring

probably have to remove the Tully's from power. They sided with a rebel. Give one of the lannisters their title.

Re: the bastard's giant friend - So you (as Joffrey) would double down? Your suggestions make sense as coming from the vindictive Joffrey we've come to know, no doubt about that. Assuming he had managed a degree of impulse control and could think ahead, at least to some extent. Good outline of possible actions!

I'd expect significant pushback, however. Tywin is unlikely to simply take orders, for one. Cersei will not let her loving bro be exiled to the Watch. The alternative of giving him the rock as a consolation prize would be the way to go - and then you/Joff might be successful in ordering the dowager queen Cersei to accompany him. That could work.

Don't know how well the Tyrells would be with subduing the Riverlands, but if they were promised enough, they might very well. (Riverrun, anyone?) Don't forget, you have a marriageable brother and sister. And everyone wants the Iron Islands subdued, so good on that, too.

Even if Joff never became a decent person, killing Littlefinger would be a good idea. He can blame the kingdom's giant national debt on him, allege embezzlement or mismanagement, and it's likely there's plenty of evidence for all accusations. Joff only needs to get tired of Baelish's snark and eye-watering color combinations at one of his council meetings, and that's it for the little man from the stony Fingers.

All these actions could impress Gramps enough that Tywin would go along with the campaign to kill Stannis.

And I really did like devilish's suggestion of giving the Twins crossing to Tyrion, to administer for the good of the realm. Gets rid of the little imp and allows better management of a critical piece of infrastructure. Plus, it would clean out the infestation of Freys that was threatening to overrun Westeros.

Marry Margaery.

Reinforce the Tyrell alliance and short-circuit King Robb by allowing Sansa to marry Willas Tyrell. If Sansa is happy, Robb won't have a legitimate grievance there, and Sansa in her new position could exert pressure to get Robb to stop the war and maybe even bend the knee which would be humiliating for him but preserve his life. 

Task Varys with finding Arya.

Task Littlefinger, as new LP of the Riverlands, with dealing with Lord Frey's willingness to make one of his daughters or granddaughters queen to Robb's king. Enact a law that the only "fee" House Frey may charge for crossing at the Twins must be entirely monetary, and the crown gets a cut; soften the blow by arranging for Edmure to marry one of the pretty Frey girls (it's that or face treason charges, Ed).

I'd also thank Tyrion for his service to the crown as acting-hand and give him some kind of title/grant of lands/wife. He is family after all.

But the number one thing I'd do would be to start listening to and learning from Grandpa Tywin. He was Hand of the King and all but ruled the country for some of the best times the seven kingdoms ever saw. Clearly he knows what he's doing. Replace mom with grandpa as regent, preferring someone with actual administrative experience. Name new father-in-law Hand. 

Oh man you people are good at this.   1 tiny little thing which doesn't really take any thing from anyone, but it is a small problem: Tommen is only 8 years old.  Sansa is 13 or 14.  The only way anyone gets Tommen out of Cersei's clutches is to foster him out somewhere far away from her.   

If Joff marries Marg and plays it right he could get Mace Tyrell to do absolutely anything.   Don't name this clown Hand.   He's just another climber--make that work to your advantage.  

If you're going to kill 1 rebel you really sort of have to kill them all, Robb, Stannis & Balon.   To be honest, I think the real Joff would kill off their entire families, Asha, Shireen, Theon, Jeyne--the whole lot to ensure that problem never comes up again in those lines.   Get rid of the Tullys while you're at it.  Have singers write bitchen menacing songs about the destruction of the houses and have them sung every time you walk in a room.   That would piss Tywin off good.  

Appoint new lords of Dragonstone, Storms End, River Run, Winterfell and Pyke.  Reward your loyal.  Send Baelish to Lys in search of a bride for Rhaegar--oh right, whatever.  Just get rid of the guy.  Build that damned standing army Joff wanted as well as the naval fleet Cersei wanted.  Stock pile cannons and wildfyre.  Send Cersie and Jamie packing back to Casterly Rock.  Leave Myrcella in Dorne to be forgotten.  Send Tyrion to the Wall.   Make everyone stand up straight and pay attention to your badassery.   Plot to take over the world. Name Ramsay Bolton best man at your wedding.   Good times.  

I assume I have my personality and not Joffrey's, so firstly I would clear house on the KG. I would give Boros Blount and Meryn Trant as many dangerous missions as I could until they died. I would keep Jaime as my commander, but I would force him to train until he could prove he could handle his left hand well. I would make Loras Tyrell a KG just like in the books, but I would also search for two more (hopefully more like Balon Swann and less like Meryn Trant) I would depose the entire small council to start afresh. I would order both Tywin and Cersei back to Casterly Rock, however I would have my Great Uncle Kevin take up a position (Master of Coin perhaps) I would wed Margaerry but I would be as chiveralous as possible to both her and Sansa. I would we Sansa to Tommen out of nowhere (still giving me the North). Tyrion is a fun coin. I wouldn't trust him as even if I was not the Joffrey he hated, I doubt he would trust my transformation. So I would use him in ways here and there. I would have Varys fired and the red keep pulled down. I would rebuild a new castle in its place. I would stop the Red Wedding and offer Sansa for peace. If he didn't agree, I would sweeten the deal, returning any hostages and his sword. So actually scratch it, I would OFFER Tommen as a possible marriage option and not force it. I would also offer Robb a place on my small council. Actually I have changed my mind again. Instead of Marggaery, I would first try to contact Daenerys with a marriage offer. Make her queen with no work. I would make it clear ahe would have an equal hand in governance with me. <She would turn me down, and then I would marry Margaerry> With Robb most likely turning down the Tommen offer, I would look to marry Tommen to someone else like a Royce if one was available, to give me a foothold in the Vale. I would recall Peter Baelish, and have him killed if he refused to come back giving Bronze Yohn my authority. I would look to install Yohn Royce in fact as lord protector of the Vale by somehow getting rid of Lady Lysa. For my small council, I would offer some opposing positions. I would look for a Dondarrian or Lord Gulian Swann for some position, Lord Anders Yronwood for another, my great uncle for another and a northman (say Harrion Karstark or Wyman Manderly) and a riverlander, (Tytos Blackwood, Jason Mallister, or Edmure Tully himself if we have made peace), and perhaps a Valesman or woman like a Redfort or a Waynwood. My attempt would be to cut Stannis off. Also for hand of the King, I would name Mathis Rowan as it undercuts house Tyrell while also honoring the Reach. I would keep Tarly in the field and have the Redwyne fleet fighting the Ironborn ASAP. I would have a cheaper wedding than they had and I would make nie with everyone at the wedding. I cannot see my own death coming so one hopes I would not be killed because I was acting so much nicer...maybe. Oh and finally, I would work on my martial skills as much as I could instillif someone like Garlan Tyrell as Master at Arms.

17 hours ago, devilish said:
  Hide contents

I would marry Margaery Tyrell.

I would have Sansa married to Lancel Lannister and Tommen Baratheon married to Talla Tarly. I would also marry Mycella Lannister to Edmure Tully. I would also marry Cersei Lannister to Wilas or someone.

I would keep Jaime Lannister as Commander of the King's guard because i would not dishonour my uncle and he is a good general.

I would treat Tyrion extremely well and make him Master of Coin.

I would not stop the Red Wedding but i would pretend that i didnt know about it so i would send an army to destroy house Frey after the wedding to win some points with the people.

I would rebuild the Royal fleet and go together with the Redwyne fleet to destroy House Greyjoy. Maybee i would genoice the Iron Islands lol.

I would deal with Stannis after that and would send the Royal Fleet to destroy the Manderly Fleet and transport an army up north to deal with the northerners and Stannis and the Boltons.

I am actually surprised how many insist on keeping Jamie in KG. I seriously don’t see the reason for that

a-    He’s a liability. Jamie can’t fight anymore
b-    Tywin is old and he is totally against having Tyrion as heir. By releasing Jamie, Joffrey would reduce the risk of having two lions battling one another, with potential devastating consequences. He’ll also make sure that CR won’t end up to Tyrion, Tommen or Lancel all of which are hardly the king’s biggest fans.
c-    It would also show some consistency. Selmy was ordered to retire because he wasn’t fit for the job. How could Jamie retain his role now, that he’s been maimed?
d-    It would weaken the rumours surrounding the Lannister twins. In a couple of months Jamie would be married and he’ll have children of his own. 

Under such circumstances I can’t see Tyrion protesting about losing CR and even if he does, a lordship in the Riverlands would calm his anger and would take him away from his father’s sight once and for all.

I also can’t understand why very few people see wisdom in bringing Robb to kneel. 
a-    The Starks are the only ones whose able to lead the North efficiently. 
b-    Robb is trapped South and he’s married to a nobody which sort of ruins any potential alliances with somebody else. Having him to kneel is way easier then lets say Brandon or Rickon
c-    The Starks are people of their word. If Robb swears that he’ll be loyal to the crown then he won’t rebel. 
d-    There’s so many Starks, Westerlings and Tullys to use as hostages that it would make it almost impossible for Rob to attempt a rebellion. Surely he wouldn’t want half of his family wiped out

Appointing Roose as Warden of the North only to have Tyrion-Sansa ‘s boy stealing the North from under his nose is crazy. There are so many bad things that could have happened

a-      Roose is not able to consolidate power which means decades of civil war in the North

b-      Roose is able to consolidate power and he refuses to allow a boy of Lannister blood to rule the North

c-       Tyrion-Sansa’s son does manage to take the North only for him to remember that actually, CR is his by right as well. He unite Tully and Arryn under one banner to take what is his by right

All of which lead to a potential war in the freezing and vast North with Winterfell becoming the Stalingrad of Westeros.

The crown is better off giving Robb the North only to make it impossible for him to march South or rebel without losing thousands of soldiers, his reputation and most of his family. 

Marry Margaery, I thought this marriage was promised as part of alliance, cancel this marriage and Tyrells just might go to King Robb, Mace wants Marge to be Queen.

I will offer Storm's End to Stannis and marriage between Shireen and Tommen, if he refuses I would send Redwyne fleet to deal with him.

If Stannis refuses Storms End, Sansa can chose between Lancel and Tommen (who will be named Lord of Storm's End and LP of Stormlands).

Kevan will get Lordship of chosing (Castamere maybe?).

Baelish will get Harrenhall and be sent to marry Lysa (this was pretty smart move actually).

This is SC:

Hand-Tywin

LC of KG- Jaime (he musn't be dismissed, every Lannister will be welcomed on KG, remember Kevan in DwD Epilogue)

GM- Pycelle

MoLaws- Mace

MoCoin- Kevan

MoW- Varys

MoShips- Paxter

Advisers- Oberyn and Randyll

So we now have Joffrey and 4 Lannisters (or in case of Pycelle in love with them), three Tyrells, Oberyn who will never side with Tyrells and Varys. So this is how Lannister majority will never be compromised.

Stop every talk about RW and send Mace an Randyll with Tyrell army to finish him and hope the battle is really really bloody while Lannister army with Tommen will go to SE.

If Robb somehow escapes North I would offer him to bend the knee and accpet marriage of Sansa and marry Cat to Tywin or Redwyne fleet will block White Harbour and let North to starve on winter.  If any Riverlord bends the knee he will be pardoned including Edmure. LP will go to Baelish as in the books.

And I would keep Tyrion as a reserve in SC, when Tywin or Kevan are outside KL he can jump in their position to ensure Lannister majority.

Brightwater Keep will go to Garlan as part of long term plan of alienating Randyll from Tyrells, first slight: Asford, second slight: BK, third slight: likely battle with Robb,...in five or ten years Randyll might just come to Lannister side.

And I would not send Gregors head to Martells, it's not like they would like because of that.

And finally Iron Isles... I would let 80% of Redwyne fleet to leave while other ships should block DS. I would rebuild Royal Fleet when I can find extra coins. Absolutely not defy Iron Bank.

Archived