MLB 2017: Jim Rice Tells CC Sabathia to Mix in a Salad

Manhole Eunuchsbane

23 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I'll take the Indians, the Yankees don't have starting pitching and their offense is too streaky. 

I don't see any team beating Cleveland right now and I wouldn't mind them winning. Although Houston-Cleveland will be a hell of an ALCS assuming that happens. But really any team other than the Sawx and I'm good.

Can the playoffs get here already? I, like 98% of Pittsburgh, have abandoned the Pirates for the last month or so  for their penny pinching as an organization and shit performance on the field. But hey, when you have a manager and GM who seem ok with not only dealing with the biggest fucking swindler in pro sports in Bob Nutting, but also don't really seem to give a fuck about putting a contender on the field or improving the roster at all, why not give them both 4 year extensions? Spineless bitches.  I guess I'm going to hop on the Houston bandwagon for the postseason...GO 'STROS!!!

Today is the one year anniversary of Jose Fernandez' death, and there are a lot of tribute pieces floating around. Those tribute pieces generally focus on how young he was, how talented he was, how caring he was. And they all gloss over the fact that on the night of his death Fernandez got drunk and high and killed two people. It's time to stop making him out to be a hero. If he'd survived he'd be in prison right now, and nobody would be trying to deify him. His death does not absolve him.

Archived