It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Week

Really funny episode. I'm glad D & D wrote a good one.

I was pleasantly surprised as well as I wasn't convinced they had it in them. At first I was worried that the plot with the pill was a bit unreal for the show's internal logic but the reveal at the end was great and while I initially thought Charlie had performed tasks he couldn't have without increased intelligence I later realised it all fit. Charlie finishing Dennis' sentences was more because Dennis isn't as clever as he thinks and Charlie knows him really well. Know what placebo meant could have been a lucky coincidence from him listening to the tapes, etc, etc. So they wrote a real tight script in that sense.

Having Gorman playing the scientist (who was the scientist in Pacific Rim and was the guy who murdered the old bear in GOT) was a nice touch but even funnier was the fact that Charlie impersonated Gorman's Pacific Rim character.

This is shaping up to be one of their strongest seasons.

Wow I had no idea.

I think I only recognised him because he used to be in torchwood and has that skin stretched over his face look (that lends itself well to villainy). He had a small part in Dark Knight rises as well.

He's apparently "karl" in GOT and is back in season 4 - I guess he's going to be the pain in the ass antagonist if he gets back to the Wall. Although another rumour I heard

was that he may be commissioned to hunt down Bran - not sure how this fits but I guess they need to expand Bran's storyline

Anyway the actor definitely knows how to network!

Yeah, I recognized him from Pacific Rim and a guest spot on another TV show recently but no idea he was that guy from GoT.

Although now I want a Sunny episode that is a blatant rip off of Game of Thrones. I have no idea how they would accomplish it though.

It would be tricky without them turning it into some kind of dream/fantasy sequence. Maybe they could just have them jumping on the bandwagon and talking about the show and childishly emulating it?

I think I only recognised him because he used to be in torchwood and has that skin stretched over his face look (that lends itself well to villainy).

This is true, when I saw him in Pacific Rim my first thought was he must be some type of villain.

It would be tricky without them turning it into some kind of dream/fantasy sequence. Maybe they could just have them jumping on the bandwagon and talking about the show and childishly emulating it?

It would be hard to do but maybe they get finished marathoning the show and then get into a typical argument about which house is better, only to start emulating those houses and their actions. Say, Charlie chooses Stark and halfway through the episode Dee (Cersei) and Frank (Littlefinger) team up to take him out after Mac (Baratheon, specifically Renly) leaves him high and dry. Then the McPoyles (Stannis) show up and lure Mac to his doom using dark magic (a hunky McPoyle brother). Meanwhile Dennis (Ramsay) has been in the bathroom the whole time torturing Cricket (Theon).

I dunno, just kicking ideas off the top of my head.

Soooooooo, nobody else wanted to bump this thread either? The episode was great, but that shower scene. Jesus. I mean wtf? I think that was more disturbing than the under the pier hobo sex.

They are really going to town on Mac's closet homosexuality this season and this scene was clearly directed by him. TBH I was half expecting them to push it further by having Dennis react badly to Mac's "reaction" after the wrestling. The dissolving of Mac's fake-hair and make-up was freaky as well.

Mac/Murtaugh always cracks me up as he does a great lampoon of the character while being offensive. Not nearly as cringeworthy as Dee with her accent to match.

It's promising for the show's future when this season is standing out as one of their best.

i thought the latest was pretty weak. not nearly as good as the last time they did lethal weapon. im not sure why they thought they needed to go back to that one.

not that there werent good parts, but a lot fell flat and the switching joke had already been done

I would have sworn the finale was a fan submission, but apparently that guy has written a bunch of episodes before.

Kind of a lackluster end to a season with a string of underwhelming episodes.

I would have sworn the finale was a fan submission, but apparently that guy has written a bunch of episodes before.

Kind of a lackluster end to a season with a string of underwhelming episodes.

You're just mashing it now.

I liked the return of Gail the Snail, though was disappointed that she was not salted.

Have I been watching too much of this show to have accurately predicted that as soon as Liam McPoyle picked up that hatchet that it was going straight for Rickety Cricket?

I thought the finale was pretty funny. Liam's painted on eye had me lmao. Frank asking Gail the snail for a sloppy seconds handjob was funny shit to. I thought this was a better finale than last season. I liked the season overall, I missed the first 2 episodes though. But i lked all the episodes I saw. I think the show still has at least a few more good seasons left in the tank.

Bummed that was the season finale. Seemed pretty short. I thought it was an excellent season overall, the last one possibly being the weakest but it did at least have a lot of the supporting cast turn up

• 4 months later...

Archived