It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Week

Yeah, season seven had great moments, no doubt. But I just love how they've cranked up Dennis' psychopathy in season eight, he's my favourite character in the history of comedy.

definitely the best part of 8, and while 8 is fantastic, seven has to be the best,

in addition to the already mentioned, anti social network ("but which site was it")

the game of games, how mac got fat. theres like ten classic episodes that year

Heresy! Season two and three are the best, everything else is just trying to swim in it's wake. Anti-social, and the Gang dines out are both top ten episodes, but the bulk of the best stuff was done in season 1-4.

Season one? I dunno. I think the pre-devito stuff can't hold a candle to what they've done since. One of the great things about the show is how they've gradually (and at times not so gradually) upped the insanity factor. The show does a good job of developing the characters and their respective psychological problems. Thing's like Mac's repressed homosexuality (I love the scene where he tries to kiss Dennis in a moment of triumph and then Dennis and Charlie decide to ignore it.) and Dennis as a rapist become so much more clear on repeated viewings. The transformation of Frank from somewhat respectable if sleazy businessman to "fringe-class" bridge troll is amazing as well.

Gun Fever, Underage Drinking, Charlie got Molested, I am sorry but these are still some of the best episodes they ever made. I love Frank, and I love the new seasons. (Most) I just can't agree that the best season's have been the more recent ones. I can name easily thirty episodes from season's 1-4 that I love, season five and on I can only name a handful that are in the same category.

Gun Fever, Underage Drinking, Charlie got Molested, I am sorry but these are still some of the best episodes they ever made. I love Frank, and I love the new seasons. (Most) I just can't agree that the best season's have been the more recent ones. I can name easily thirty episodes from season's 1-4 that I love, season five and on I can only name a handful that are in the same category.

For the record I was only saying I didn't think season one was better than 7+8. I do enjoy those three episodes you listed, but it's hard for them to compete with The Nightman Cometh Sweet Dee is Dating a Retarded Person, The D.E.N.N.I.S. System, Who Got Dee Pregnant?, Dee Reynolds: Shaping America's Youth (feat. Lethal Weapon V) and the ones I already mentioned from season seven.

Edit: and how could I forget the episode with Frank's intervention. "you're just mashing it now."

Season 7 is by far my favorite, and it would have been a perfect season if it weren't for "Franks' Brother" and "The Storm of the Century." There's so much good throughout that I can't really fault people for picking a different one. Even the pilot still makes me laugh out loud, repeatedly, and I've seen it at least ten times at this point.

Jersey Shore, Frank's Little Beauties, Sweet Dee Gets Audited, The Anti-Social Network, Thunder Gun, and High School Reunion are just as good as any of those.

Sweet Dee Dating a Retarded Person is Season 3, and the best episode ever. I believe Nightman is season 5 and inspired by the afore mentioned episode so I feel like you are agreeing with me even thou you try not to RUM HAM! I did love RUM HAM!

To clarify, I was only ever arguing against season one being part of the series' creative peak.

• 2 weeks later...

So I will not be getting FXX and I can't justify paying more for a channel that has 2 shows I want to watch and will mostly be reruns of Mad About You and terrible movies. Piracy is the best solution.

Or buy the DVDs? Hopefully in the UK it will turn up on netflix- they seem to be a godsend for US shows UK programmers ignore.

Is the FXX channel not wrapped up in some bundle package? It may be you can qualify for it at no extra cost?

I have a friend who has the same package and he called to ask, they told him he would need to buy an expanded package. The channel is in the middle of a bunch of other channels I do not get. The channel just started today, so maybe it will change and they were wrong, but for now it is an "unauthorized" channel.

I have a friend who has the same package and he called to ask, they told him he would need to buy an expanded package. The channel is in the middle of a bunch of other channels I do not get. The channel just started today, so maybe it will change and they were wrong, but for now it is an "unauthorized" channel.

That is a shitty move by FX and the service providers to split a channel in two and not have them covered by the same package. It would have been fine to split the channel and have access to both.

Very shitty. Having Comcast, I assumed I would have to pay extra to get FXX, but surprisingly do not. Had I not I probably would have resorted to piracy for it, because this is just a way for Fox to force cable companies to add another channel and therefore increase their (Fox's) profits.

Season 7 is by far my favorite, and it would have been a perfect season if it weren't for "Franks' Brother" and "The Storm of the Century." There's so much good throughout that I can't really fault people for picking a different one. Even the pilot still makes me laugh out loud, repeatedly, and I've seen it at least ten times at this point.

Jersey Shore, Frank's Little Beauties, Sweet Dee Gets Audited, The Anti-Social Network, Thunder Gun, and High School Reunion are just as good as any of those.

even franks brother, which is mostly awful, has some outstanding moments. pretty much everytime they cut to the reactions to the story, its gold.

Archived