It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Week

• 2 months later...

I was just thinking what happened to this show, apparently the premier is on the 14th. Episode titles in spoiler tags just in case. I have a friend who insists on being surprised when the title pops up after the cold open.

"The Gang Beats Boggs"

"The Gang Group Dates"

"Psycho Pete Returns"

"Charlie Work"

"The Gang Spies Like U.S."

"The Gang Misses the Boat"

"Mac Kills His Dad"

"The Gang Goes on Family Fight"

"Frank Retires"

"Ass Kickers United: Mac and Charlie Join a Cult"

• 5 weeks later...

I always love episodes where Charlie is revealed to be the functional one. It does seem like he pretends to be stupid most the time (like the super smart episode revealed) but when he has to raise his game he's quite cunning.

It was probably half way through the episode before I realised they were doing the episode single shot style. There's clearly some breaks but it's an interesting style and reflected the hectic 30 mins quite well. Also funny as the last thing I watched was "birdman".

The long take was great and Day was phenomenal in this one.

I'm pretty sure it was a reference to True Detective, given Dennis' "alright, alright, alright", the last of which was blood hilarious

There was definitely a mcCog vibe at the end.

Based on here and Reddit, I'm definitely in the minority for not liking this episode. So now I feel like a wet blanket haha.

I watch Sunny to laugh, and just really didn't find this episode all that humorous. The camera tricks and long shot were cool and unique, I'll admit. Creatively it was an interesting episode. In terms of humor I rank it below all but a few episodes. Then again, I'm also in the minority because Charlie episodes aren't my favorite either, so that could have something to do with it.

Based on here and Reddit, I'm definitely in the minority for not liking this episode. So now I feel like a wet blanket haha.

I watch Sunny to laugh, and just really didn't find this episode all that humorous. The camera tricks and long shot were cool and unique, I'll admit. Creatively it was an interesting episode. In terms of humor I rank it below all but a few episodes. Then again, I'm also in the minority because Charlie episodes aren't my favorite either, so that could have something to do with it.

I guess it's a slightly different comedy than usual in that it's dealing with a very specific moment and by its nature doesn't really focus on the other characters as much.

The revelation of what he was doing with the barstool was pure gold for me. along with the other character's reactions.

I guess it's a slightly different comedy than usual in that it's dealing with a very specific moment and by its nature doesn't really focus on the other characters as much.

The revelation of what he was doing with the barstool was pure gold for me. along with the other character's reactions.

The barstool was my favorite moment.

I just finished watching the newest episode. The rhythm was a little off cause of the odd format, I would agree it wasn't as funny as a normal episode. But it was cool in a different way. I think the group dating one has been the best of the season so far. I love how they've acknowledged the Thanksgiving apartment fire but not really (Where are Mac and Dennis living I wonder?) I also wonder just how far they can take Cricket's deteriorating appearance. By the final season I expect him to just be a burnt up head in a jar.

Archived