The Office

Aemon Stark

[quote name='Krafus' post='1559167' date='Oct 17 2008, 07.01']So-so episode last night. Best part was Michael deciding to ask Holly out because he felt good after hugging her... and didn't after holding Jen's baby. Gives me hope that he's starting to move away from Jen's control, something that could accelerate as the hardships from having a newborn baby in his house start to pile up.[/quote]

It's J[b][u]a[/u][/b]n, Krafus, Jan. ;)

[quote name='Iskaral Pust' post='1559442' date='Oct 17 2008, 10.22']Yes, a decent episode but not great.

The Jim-Pam arc is pretty boring - they've lost all momentum on that. I assume some conflict is coming their way or else it's a waste of two good actors in roles that have already earned audience sympathy.

Jan reaffirmed her callous attitude toward Michael, making him that little bit more sympathetic. But although she is a selfish train-wreck, I had no sympathy for Michael reneging on his intent to be a pseudo-parent just because he felt no connection. He absolutely should never have made that commitment but, having done so, to drop out at the first step because it's not all Disney magic is the stuff of douchebags.

I'm not feeling the chemistry between Michael and Holly. It looked promising at the end of last season.

The party planning committee power struggle is pretty tired. We need to see more of Andy's perspective in the love triangle. And Darryl-Kelly-Ryan was been under-used.[/quote]

Are we supposed to feel bad for Jan when Michael reneges on his "commitment"? He only made because he thought he could get back together with Jan. And it's obvious that she would just be using him for money/time (dumping the kid of for him to babysit). She's not committed to him being the "father" to the baby, FFS she didn't even call him when she went into labor (or even let him know that she had had it). If somebody better comes along she would kick Michael to the curb quicker then you can say "bitch". I have no problem with him saying thanks, but no thanks.

[quote name='RedEyedGhost' post='1559833' date='Oct 17 2008, 17.30']It's J[b][u]a[/u][/b]n, Krafus, Jan. ;)[/quote]

Oops!

[quote]Are we supposed to feel bad for Jan when Michael reneges on his "commitment"? He only made because he thought he could get back together with Jan. And it's obvious that she would just be using him for money/time (dumping the kid of for him to babysit). She's not committed to him being the "father" to the baby, FFS she didn't even call him when she went into labor (or even let him know that she had had it). If somebody better comes along she would kick Michael to the curb quicker then you can say "bitch". I have no problem with him saying thanks, but no thanks.[/quote]

I also think J[b]a[/b]n treats Michael pretty awfully. Heck, she even has him sleep at the foot of his own bed, like a dog! It's obvious that his wishes don't matter in the least in his own house - she's got that expensive-looking candle workshop set up, while Michael has to make do with a tiny tv (that Jan smashed last season when they had their dispute at Michael's house).

[quote name='Starkess' post='1560022' date='Oct 17 2008, 22.48']Jan and Michael don't still live together do they?[/quote]

Not since the dinner party episode last season I think. You remember, the one where Jan broke Michael's "big screen" TV.

I really enjoyed last night's show, it was nice to see Michael actually make some real emotional progress and move on from Jan. And the scene where Angela posed Assturd, I mean Astrid, with the fruit like those freaky posters she likes, was hilarious.

I'm ready for Pam to come back to Scranton though, there's something missing without her in the office.

[quote name='Nails77' post='1560025' date='Oct 17 2008, 23.03']Not since the dinner party episode last season I think. You remember, the one where Jan broke Michael's "big screen" TV.

I really enjoyed last night's show, it was nice to see Michael actually make some real emotional progress and move on from Jan. And the scene where Angela posed Assturd, I mean Astrid, with the fruit like those freaky posters she likes, was hilarious.

I'm ready for Pam to come back to Scranton though, there's something missing without her in the office.[/quote]

That's what I thought, but people were using present tense and it confused me (not their fault, I'm dumb!). And I totally agree about Pam. She was the heart of the office I think.

[quote name='Nails77' post='1560025' date='Oct 17 2008, 23.03']Not since the dinner party episode last season I think. You remember, the one where Jan broke Michael's "big screen" TV.[/quote]

They don't? I thought Michael had just moved out for a few days to blow off steam... and then come back to his life of servitude under Jan. Then again, it's been a while... Could someone more knowledgeable in Office lore please tell me whether Michael and Jan are still living together?

[quote name='Krafus' post='1560167' date='Oct 18 2008, 07.12']They don't? I thought Michael had just moved out for a few days to blow off steam... and then come back to his life of servitude under Jan. Then again, it's been a while... Could someone more knowledgeable in Office lore please tell me whether Michael and Jan are still living together?[/quote]
If they still lived together, wouldn't he have known she already had little Astird? (sic)

I'm thinking they no longer cohabitate.

[quote name='The Wedge' post='1560203' date='Oct 18 2008, 10.29']If they still lived together, wouldn't he have known she already had little Astird? (sic)

I'm thinking they no longer cohabitate.[/quote]

Good point. Though if they indeed don't cohabitate anymore, I wonder how he was planning to be an involved father to Astrid. Ah, well. I'm sure Jan will find a way to continue making his life miserable.

[quote name='RedEyedGhost' post='1559833' date='Oct 17 2008, 17.30']Are we supposed to feel bad for Jan when Michael reneges on his "commitment"? He only made because he thought he could get back together with Jan. And it's obvious that she would just be using him for money/time (dumping the kid of for him to babysit). She's not committed to him being the "father" to the baby, FFS she didn't even call him when she went into labor (or even let him know that she had had it). If somebody better comes along she would kick Michael to the curb quicker then you can say "bitch". I have no problem with him saying thanks, but no thanks.[/quote]

No, of course we're not supposed to feel bad for Jan. As I said, she's a selfish train-wreck. She's just there to show what kind of humiliation Michael will accept to have someone/anyone - he's that lonely.
But regardless of how she behaves, he made this big deal about being involved with the baby and then lost all interest after two seconds of not feeling any magic. He's still five years old. He has to grow to be redeemed as a character - like David Brent in the Christmas special of the UK version of The Office.

Michael is trying to stay and help Jan because she was the only one who would talk to him and be with him. He was so desperate for attention that he would stay with her no matter what. I think he will grow with the help of Holly and stand up to Jan.

A lot of plot lines seem on hold. Kelly and Ryan. The Dwight-Angela-Andy triangle. Even Jim and Pam.

If we need time to set up payoffs, that's cool. I'm demanding an episode about Creed. I think America is ready.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1560879' date='Oct 19 2008, 13.03']A lot of plot lines seem on hold. Kelly and Ryan. The Dwight-Angela-Andy triangle. Even Jim and Pam.

If we need time to set up payoffs, that's cool. I'm demanding an episode about Creed. I think America is ready.[/quote]
America is not only is ready, but it needs one.

Best episode of the season.

Phyllis: "What are you making?"
Dwight: "A knife."
Phyllis: "You're making a knife with a knife?"
Dwight: "You got a better way?"

Dwight: "Motives: Financial or possibly vintage HP computer collectors." :stunned:

Creed: "Nobody steals from Creed Bratton and gets away with it. The last person to do this disappeared, his name... Creed Bratton."

:rofl:

Well, it didn't take long for Michael and Holly to do the deed. I wonder how long it will be before Jan find out, and how she'll react? Anyway, as is often the case, Dwight was the most entertaining character.

[quote name='RedEyedGhost' post='1565749' date='Oct 23 2008, 23.27']Best episode of the season.[/quote]

Agreed. Laughed out loud multiple times. And yet it still maintained a strong emotional center. The bidding on Phyllis' hug was a nice touch.

[quote]Creed: "Nobody steals from Creed Bratton and gets away with it. The last person to do this disappeared, his name... Creed Bratton."

:rofl:[/quote]

Loved that. As well as Creed putting himself up for auction: "It's all inclusive". The man is comic gold.

Also liked Darrell's list of Springsteen songs Michael requested.

Archived