FOOTBALL XLIV - Mansours, Khelaifis, and Rybolovlevs,... oh my!

Horus Ex Machina

Even more surprisingly, Spain have spent most of the last ten or so minutes camped in their own half and trying to catch Nigeria on the break.

They are winning though.

I believe that the fact that Martin Silva actually had to get involved in the play is more surprising than the fact that Spain don't exert themselves to much in a match they are leading, when they have a more important match in a few days.

Awwwwwwwwwwwkwaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd. Gus Poyet has been sacked by Brighton during the Confederation Cup games... which he's doing punditry for on the BBC. He found out from them coz Brighton didn't let him know and gamely responded to the news live on air at half time.

Awwwwwwwwwwwkwaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd. Gus Poyet has been sacked by Brighton during the Confederation Cup games... which he's doing punditry for on the BBC. He found out from them coz Brighton didn't let him know and gamely responded to the news live on air at half time.

What the fuck? He did a good job there, he'll get another one soon. Still fairly unclassy way to get rid of a guy who did very good work at the club.

What the fuck? He did a good job there, he'll get another one soon. Still fairly unclassy way to get rid of a guy who did very good work at the club.

There was supposedly some misconduct, he's been suspended for two months while they investigated or whatever, so it's not out of nowhere. But still, not cool.

This reminds me of the time the Brazil coach was fired on the middle of an airport returning from a competition.

Firstly, I need to get this off my chest. I am not one to complain after a loss but in my opinion Italy were robbed today. I am seriosuly angry at not only the officiating, but at the lack of the ESPN commentators to admit or even mention that Brasil's 1st and 4th goals were offside.

Why would they say Italy's 4th goal was offside, when it clearly wasn't?

De Sciglio is playing Fred on, then stops dead and starts waving his hand around claiming offside. What a clown. You just do not do that in the box: it's fair enough appealing to the ref twenty metres from goal, but not in a situation like that. Anyway, point is, Fred is comfortably onside thanks to De Sciglio. Dante, on the other hand, yeah, that's a different story. But the ref's worst decision benefited Italy, so I don't see many grounds to complain. Italy didn't lose because of the refereeing.

Did anyone see Gus Poyet find out he lost his job live on the BBC? Jesus Christ it was awkward.

Stay classy, Brighton/BBC ...

try reading other posts a bit more carefully ;)

see Raja's post #86

Archived