Community: Apparently, We Like Dan Harmon Anyway

Datepalm

Pretty sure only one pencil falls on the ground?

I just watched a fourteen minute YouTube video of Alison Brie boob I mean blooper reels from Community. I need to take a shower.

Brie is definitely beautiful. I can't say more without ruining my reputation as an innocent Indian boy uncorrupted by Western media.

There is definitely only one pencil on the ground. Searching the internet it seems like most people heard "et tu pencil?"

I think the joke being that picking up some folders and a pencil is not actually as big a deal as Garrett is making of it stays the same with that being the case, anyway.

I'm pretty positive two pencils fall and he says "two pencils"

Like picking up two pencils and his binder was a daunting task.

that's what i thought too. and it was awesome. close captioning shows otherwise.

its still the same joke with et tu. or at least half of it. he still has all these folders to deal with.

it loses the additional joke of two whole pencils making it that much worse. that would be a season 3 caliber joke.

I'd check again but every time this episode starts I'm tempted to [re]watch. It's become one of my favorite Community episodes.

Something about the flow of it, and the balancing act between playing it straight vs self-aware just works.

I'd check again but every time this episode starts I'm tempted to [re]watch. It's become one of my favorite Community episodes.

Something about the flow of it, and the balancing act between playing it straight vs self-aware just works.

Thinking about it, Pierce's death is what makes it for me. Suddenly chopping through the faux-seriousness with something actually serious, and that weird moment where it isn't clear any more what mode the episode is operating in, it throws the whole thing into relief, both as it's own thing and as parody.

It's cool, everyone knows you're secretly a monstrous kink. ;)

Well, if you already know...

Thinking about it, Pierce's death is what makes it for me. Suddenly chopping through the faux-seriousness with something actually serious, and that weird moment where it isn't clear any more what mode the episode is operating in, it throws the whole thing into relief, both as it's own thing and as parody.

Yeah, that definitely helped. It was like this episode managed to go from the joke Law & Order all the way to Mixology....and back

I loved the episode. They managed to keep Pierce's humor going for one last hoorah.

Poor Abed, his best friend is leaving and he only got a tube of Pierces sperm.

Oh also, this

Oh wow, that is awesome! When she got that gift, it popped in my head that she had still been using a CD player in season 1. I had totally forgotten that Animal House blurb at the end of that episode. That's great.

Archived