Do you think Sansa is next in line to die?

Shah

The last Stark will be Rickon. He is currently flying under everyone's radar. Good for him.

Sometimes I kinda think Rickon is conspicuous by his absence though. 

Anyway I don't think we'll see another Stark death.

Except for LS actually dying for real that is. 

I don't think there's been a decent POV character to tell Rickon's story. Rickon himself is too young and Osha probably isn't important enough. I think Rickon will be the Stark in Winterfell but I'm not sure who tells that tale.

ratting out your family is a stark act??

so.... you were responding to someone else but quoted me by "mistake." As if your clicking finger found my post irresistable and couldn't pass it by without subconsciously click-spasming. It happens. I fascinate,like the baby Jesus.

I rather think that the death of Lady foreshadows her eventual abandonment of her identity as a lady when she flees King's Landing with LIttlefinger and becomes Alayne Stone. It's not about whether she's a Stark, because she clearly takes strength from the snow once she arrives at the Eyrie as Stark would; ~ [it's about her change in station]. Similarly, Nymeria becoming a vicious wolf that sees men only as prey is meant to mirror Arya's transformation into someone that no longer values life and has no problems killing someone to accomplish her goals.

I heard this as if you'd typed it loudly. The daughters are both still in synch with their wolves! Even now. We zoom in so much on the death of Lady for CSI purposes that I've sort of lost sight of the big picture view of the metaphor, the long term shape of things since the wolf sacrifice. Something I used to be more aware of, which you just reminded me of: ... Lady's death wasn't the end of the bond between wolf and girl, and was not necessarily the failure of that bond. It was the path-choosing moment that set the tone and gave Sansa her survival strategy. Lady led the way down the path Sansa ultimately followed and remains true to even now-----disappearance. For the wolf it wasn't the survival strategy it's been for Alayne, but the wolf's mystical purpose wasn't to survive--its role was to bond with the child and model nature's survival strategies for the Starks who'd soon need help. It's that bond that survives because Lady's end is still showing Alayne how to cope, still defining her existence, still keeping her alive and giving her a path to walk, which was the purpose of the bond. Sansa left nature behind for the big city. Wolves have nowhere to go when they enter the big city except to find themselves under the axe, so Lady died, & I've recently viewed this as a failure of some kind, but Sansa did have somewhere to go because human society has also left nature behind. So the wolf couldn't enter the human jungle promised land, but it did usher its charge there. Lady was successful in modeling the offramp from trouble that was right for Alayne, pointing the way to Sansa's future. Kill the lady to save the lass. And I believe this process of living beneath her station will be good for her when she resumes her status, because she'll have been cleansed of much of the corrosion that builds up on the souls of lords and ladies from treating people the way callous ruling classes do. She's not that person who Mean Girled lil' Arya anymore, and wouldn't do her vassals that way now. So Lady also ushered her into the real meaning of Christmas, if you will---a better human nature.

So she can starve to death? Or Freeze to death?

If Sansa ever started freezing to death her nipples would light up like a radiator to melt the snowdrifts with inner divine heat and light and love.

I dont think (Or hope) she dies. I think the next Stark to bite it will unfortunately be Arya.

How can it be done in a way that seems worth it? Her bizarre journey just ends in a culvert? After putting us through all those dark arts classes

which seemed to be leading somewhere! Such a death would be a big WTF unless it can be tied back into something deeply meaningful so that her last move strikes against the heart of darkness or somesuch, maybe bailing people out of a huge threat they'll now never find out about because Arya stopped it, such as her cult almost getting their doomsday wish to come true so everyone recieves the gift of death, etc.

Sansa is the third head of the dragon. Notice how she has lighter hair than the rest of the Starks? Targaryen genes obviously. Bran will warg her and she'll become Queen of the North with an army of dragons and direwolvasfasnmfaiosasfanslf

I think her actions have proved she's a Stark at heart.

Well no, and she still has a ways to go. I should have said 'foreshadowing'.

Her actions have been horrrrrrible for House Stark! She single-handledly ruined things for their entire family via her actions on the kings road and telling Cersei that Ned was planning on sending them away.

I sooooooo hope she dies next book or has a super awesomely boring ending with a marriage to a lesser house in some vast expanse of the North.

She doesn't have much plot-armor, IMO. I don't think her arc is complete yet but maybe in the Winds of Winter...she could die. GRRM has yet to kill a character with a POV (save for the epilogue and prologue) since Storm of Swords. (one with a big POV) It's unknown if Brienne died (maybe she has, dunknow, hasn't been confirmed yet. Though, I have a theory that she will survive and be the one to kill Lady Stoneheart...I digress) and Jon. (I highly doubt Jon had died).

Maybe GRRM will kill her in the next book...and I can't get this annoying thought out of my head...that Lady's death would foreshadow Sansa's death. What do you think?

I think the Lady thing has more to do with how she has always been more like Catelyn (a Tully) and the least Stark-like of the 5/6 children. Lady's death is probably symbolic of her (then) "death" as a Stark, by doing the ignoble and dishonorable thing of lying in a matter that involved her family's safety, as well as her eventual role in the books of being a player in another house (perhaps by slaying Littlefinger) and not coming back to Winterfell.

And no, I don't think Sansa will die. I think she's one who makes it to the end. There's something important going on in the Vale and as long as she's the only set of eyes there, she's safe. It's when a bunch of POVs converge all in the same place (Meereen, the North) that the body count will start picking up.

Yeah, that's a good point, I agree. Her being the only set of eyes in the Vale and on Littlefinger makes her pretty safe for now.

Could you link me your theory please? I dont want to be judgemental so I will bite back my initial response and do the mature thig and read your point of view (plus i am interested! :))

I never made a topic about it.

Its just a crackpot theory I like to think about.

I think the Lady thing has more to do with how she has always been more like Catelyn (a Tully) and the least Stark-like of the 5/6 children.

I'll give you a cookie if you can name a single way that Sansa is anything like Catelyn, other than having auburn hair.

This supposed 'similarity' gets brought up all the time, and it simply doesn't exist. Cat is not at all interested in romantic songs and ideals of chivalry, and she never has been: the whole backstory with LF shows this at every turn. Cat is practical, down-to-earth, not particularly interested in nice dresses, and happy to travel without a maid. She's motivated by duty and family concerns. Sansa is arguably becoming more like this, but Cat always was like this. She has more in common with Arya than she does Sansa.

Sansa actually has quite a bit in common with Robb: she's certainly as much a 'Stark' as he is. Arya is the one who's left her identity as a Stark behind, almost completely. So this notion that the death of Lady thematically shows that Sansa isn't a Stark any more is tremendously shaky stuff.

I'll give you a cookie if you can name a single way that Sansa is anything like Catelyn, other than having auburn hair.

Going behind their families backs/authority in order to see their specific goals through?

-Ratting out to Cersei

-Freeing Jaime

I like chocolate chips

Archived