Roy Dotrice, GOT audiobook narrator, says George R. R. Martin has told him he's got another book nearly ready

Mark Antony

Thank you! I tried to think of the words I would use on google to find it but you're a sweetheart. And I wasn't even wrong about the ep2! My memory has been improving so much after I started re-reading ASOIAF and visiting this forum. Or maybe it's just that I've dedicated all brainpower to ASOIAF now...

i just came across this short vid in a teaser for the up comming hbo shows this is an edited version with the GOT content only

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alvEKvfc7sk

7 seconds but it shows lot. Sansa @ vale. Tyrion trial And looks like danny conquering mereen?

Who is the man turning the page in the book?

/edit

Oh its Jamie looking at the Kings Guard book.

Looks like a lot of Book 4 content.

Yea they are pushing alot of people's stories into feast in Dance.

The fact that they cast Hidzahr and BR means the series might go halfway into feast and Dance

I think there is one thing we'll all agree on - the day that TWoW is announced, and an official release date is given, the internet is going to go berserk. This site will probably have a melt down from the amount of traffic that'll be thrown at it.

I think there is one thing we'll all agree on - the day that TWoW is announced, and an official release date is given, the internet is going to go berserk. This site will probably have a melt down from the amount of traffic that'll be thrown at it.

I think the website went down several times during GoT season 3 so surely the website will crash when TWoW is announced.

The very first scene appears to be something Slaver's Bay related. Kind of reminds me somewhat of Strong Belwas' fight with the Meereenese champion

My thoughts exactly! I was thinking if they will keep the scene as it is in the books, or if they will adapt the end a bit...

Oh, that melt down day is closer than the TWoW official release date. Like... 3 months away.

The man in gold charging towards what I looks like a group of unsullied or something beneath a big white cliff. The setting seems to mark it as Slaver's Bay although I suppose Dorne isnt out of the question.

The bit I refer to is immediately after: Coming in 2014

Isn't it a giant wall the rider is going towards? The wall surrounding Meereen comes to mind :)

Isn't it a giant wall the rider is going towards? The wall surrounding Meereen comes to mind :)

It looks like Slaver's Bay to me as well. Oznak zo Pahl had a lance when he fought against Strong Belwas, so that's why I thought it could be that scene.

I suspect George is done with the 6th book and simply adding some final touches. He's probably also working on an outline for the 7th book, and he might have to make some changes to what he has written to make everything work perfectly in the 7th book.

He will probably release the book right before the HBO season starts.

I suspect George is done with the 6th book and simply adding some final touches. He's probably also working on an outline for the 7th book, and he might have to make some changes to what he has written to make everything work perfectly in the 7th book.

He will probably release the book right before the HBO season starts.

Which season? It's not the upcoming one in March; we'd know by now if the book was coming out then.

The man in gold charging towards what I looks like a group of unsullied or something beneath a big white cliff. The setting seems to mark it as Slaver's Bay although I suppose Dorne isnt out of the question.

The bit I refer to is immediately after: Coming in 2014

I think it's the wall of Meereen.

Which season? It's not the upcoming one in March; we'd know by now if the book was coming out then.

That's not 100% accurate, it was only a few months between GRRM announcing he was done with ADwD and the book being released. That being said, I think when he was close to being done he mentioned it several times, and he hasn't done that yet so I don't think it will be before season 4 starts. It's not impossible, but doesn't seem likely. I do have high hopes that he will finish it sometime this year. Between Roy Dotrice's clue and the fact that he has nothing scheduled for the next 5 months there is a good possibility that TWoW will be in our hands before the year is through.

They made D&E audio's, but I do t think Roy did a version, thatI know of. I dont think the World Book would get audio. If that is the case, and since Roy is the main guy for ASoIaF audio books, it would have to be for WoW.

Does anyone know how soon Roy's audio version came out after each book was released?

I only know about the last one, but DwD came out almost at the same time as the Hardcover release. I picked it up on iBooks about 3 days after the book was released IIRC.

Archived