Roy Dotrice, GOT audiobook narrator, says George R. R. Martin has told him he's got another book nearly ready

Mark Antony

I understand where you're coming from :) but after all the Dance-stuff GRRM had to suffer because his estimations were never right, I doubt he'd ever say something like that again without having some fair amount of certainty. :)

I wasn't around for the DoD-period since I've only been a fan of ASOIAF for about a year. Did he make a lot of predictions and promises that were wrong? How wrong were they? Was he years or months or weeks off his estimation date? I really want the "nearly done"-thing to be correct haha :)

I wasn't around for the DoD-period since I've only been a fan of ASOIAF for about a year. Did he make a lot of predictions and promises that were wrong? How wrong were they? Was he years or months or weeks off his estimation date? I really want the "nearly done"-thing to be correct haha :)

I wasn't here either, but at the end of AFFC GRRM wrote that he expects to release ADWD "next year". It took 5 years.

I feel the ink forming into the word PROLOGUE even as we speak. It is followed by the words: "The asteroid's impact was devastating."

I would love for the TWoW Prologue to be Benjen, and the TWoW Epilogue to be Stannis. Although, based on the pattern from the other books, I imagine that the TWoW Prologue will be a Maester (perhaps in Oldtown for Euron's invasion).

Like everybody else I'd be thrilled if its next year, but I actually have had my sights set a lot lower, I have been hoping maybe we'd get another new chapter of TWOW as a Christmas "gift" like we did a few years ago.

We'll probably get the chapter that was included in the American paperback.

I feel the ink forming into the word PROLOGUE even as we speak. It is followed by the words: "The asteroid's impact was devastating."

I don't have the exact quote, but didn't Martin said in his last Australian tour, that if people keep pressure him to finish the books, he will use the red comet to destroy Westeros and stop the bitching from his fans?? I guess threatening to kill more Starks didn't work and needed something bigger now :P

Like everybody else I'd be thrilled if its next year, but I actually have had my sights set a lot lower, I have been hoping maybe we'd get another new chapter of TWOW as a Christmas "gift" like we did a few years ago.

A new chapter may be a good christmas gift, IIRC, GRRM has a Damphair's chapter ready to read for ages... :dunno:

I think WoW will be out by Christmas... and honestly there are three chapters you can read (Theon's if you google it, Arianne on GRRM's site and Barristan in the American paperback of DwD just go to the bookstore and read it) and he's read quite many additional ones (two Tyrions, parts of Victarion, another Barristan and another Arianne) that you can read summaries of. WoW is not a web serial (although it would be cool if it was!) and remember that he doesn't read chapters that reveal something major so it may be he's running out of chapters he can read/post without spoiling too much. I just want the full book!

I don't have the exact quote, but didn't Martin said in his last Australian tour, that if people keep pressure him to finish the books, he will use the red comet to destroy Westeros and stop the bitching from his fans?? I guess threatening to kill more Starks didn't work and needed something bigger now :P

A new chapter may be a good christmas gift, IIRC, GRRM has a Damphair's chapter ready to read for ages... :dunno:

i quoted it elsewhere actually. Dont have it handy now but it was to do with if he felt he couldnt finish the series and he joked something like: "Well i introduced that comet already I could just have that smash into everything" or words to that effect

Nah. It defeats the purpose of having that chapter in the paperback in the first place.

IIRC the Theon chapter, which was published on GRRM website before the Arianne chapter, is taken from an older paperback edition of ADWD (the English one).

How reliable is this bookdeposit website re: the Dunk and Egg collection being delayed to 2015? Perhaps it's because they have decided to include the She-Wolves after all...the book might be somewhat flimsy without it. Why delay it if it's only the first three stories? GRRM has said that the She Wolves would come out after TWOW is released...it's not strong evidence, but perhaps he believes TWOW will hit shelves sometimes before summer '15

How reliable is this bookdeposit website re: the Dunk and Egg collection being delayed to 2015?

These dates aren't reliable, but Amazon.co.uk is saying August 2015, too. I think it is possible that The Winds of Winter will be published in Summer 2014, and that is the reason for AKotSK delay.

I'll find the link, but reading about GRRM's editor, she was quoted as saying she lobbied for cutting 10 chapters from ADWD, and GRRM wanted only 2. They settled on 6, and she named them specifically in the quote, and 2 of the 3 chapters that have been issued already as teasers were among them. She listed a "Sansa" POV chapter as one that had been cut, so I agree with others here that this will be the next and possibly final chapter that GRRM gives us a peak at.

I'm actually really starting to like Sansa's POV and her character, after nearly skipping everything about her in the first few books out of spite. Go team Sansa!

Archived