So Shia LaBeouf : Plagiarist and A**hat

kairparavel

Whoa that is creepy. I guess he is probably calling out Jim Carrey trying to get him to engage. Since - from what I have read - Jim hasn't responded publicly to him at all.

To me that displays a disturbed mindset. But that is my personal feeling. If I was Jane I would be utterly creeped out by that. It would put me on edge.

And if this is some kind of set up "joke" they are all in on. I don't get it.

Whoa that is creepy. I guess he is probably calling out Jim Carrey trying to get him to engage. Since - from what I have read - Jim hasn't responded publicly to him at all.

To me that displays a disturbed mindset. But that is my personal feeling. If I was Jane I would be utterly creeped out by that. It would put me on edge.

And if this is some kind of set up "joke" they are all in on. I don't get it.

Well that's the other thing -- I wouldn't be shocked if LaBeouf was genuinely going through some kind of mild mental issues. That's absolutely a huge leap to take, and I'd much rather be wrong, but from my ridiculously ignorant armchair-psychologist perspective, it seems like a mild possibility. His actions are just really fucking weird. In a way that's beyond normal actor/artist weird.

Well that's the other thing -- I wouldn't be shocked if LaBeouf was genuinely going through some kind of mild mental issues. That's absolutely a huge leap to take, and I'd much rather be wrong, but from my ridiculously ignorant armchair-psychologist perspective, it seems like a mild possibility. His actions are just really fucking weird. In a way that's beyond normal actor/artist weird.

It's usually a bad thing to get rich and famous before your brain has finished developing. This applies to both LaBoeuf and Bieber.

The desperate attempts to cloak plagiarism in postmodern media theory is pretty funny. Reminds me of my freshman semiotics class in school. It's acceptable to be a self-announced literary revolutionary announcing the Death of the Author when you're a 19 year old clutching a Barthes book (who managed to get paid for his work, I am sure), it's less charming when you're an insufferably wealthy little twit who has profited handsomely off copyright law yourself.

Yes to Arataniello. The Beef announced his retirement Friday but 'came out of it' to slam Jim Carrey, then apologize, then remind us he is no longer a public person/celebrity.

http://www.thesuperficial.com/shia-labeouf-retired-quit-acting-twitter-01-2014

http://www.thesuperficial.com/jim-carrey-shia-labeouf-golden-globes-twitter-01-2014

While it's really neither here nor there. This article states that the only person Shia is following on Twitter is Jim Carrey. I just double checked in case the situation had changed. But the only person Shia is following on twitter is Jim Carrey's daughter Jane.

https://twitter.com/thecampaignbook/following

So he has a joke made about him. Get's pissed with Jim and then targets Jim Carrey's daughter.

Granted nothing has come out that he has done anything other than single her out to be the only person he follows on twitter. It's still an action that feels off to me. What was his logic behind that.

Then again what's the logic behind ripping off peoples original creative work and thinking it's his way of being creative. #stopcreating (Because Shia will swoop in and steal it)

Also allegedly refusing to shower while on the set of Fury to the point where Brad Pitt tells him to take a shower and then is forced to move hotels away from the rest of the cast. And even pulled out his own tooth. Because - method acting?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2533879/MOS-DIARY-Shia-LaBeoufs-refusal-shower-weeks-gets-Brad-Pitts-nose-Fury-set.html

Wouldn't that kind of method acting be more appropriately done prior to the actual role.

I was previously on the "It's a stunt" side of the fence. But now all this has the feeling of watching a devastating car crash.

The guy needs help. (In my utterly unprofessional opinion.)

That reeks of meth right there.

Reeks of pretension or a misunderstanding of one's position in life if you want to be generous. That's all well and good if you're Daniel Day-Lewis, not so much when you're Shia LaBeouf. Though mind;I can't recall DDL taking LSD or deliberately hurting himself by pulling out a tooth, or just generally inconveniencing people through BO when he wants to go crazy, but iirc he did inconvenience people, just not that way.

Reeks of pretension or a misunderstanding of one's position in life if you want to be generous. That's all well and good if you're Daniel Day-Lewis, not so much when you're Shia LaBeouf. Though mind;I can't recall DDL taking LSD or deliberately hurting himself by pulling out a tooth, or just generally inconveniencing people through BO when he wants to go crazy, but iirc he did inconvenience people, just not that way.

I'm not trying to give The Beef any excuses here, I'm just saying this is sounding more and more like a potential substance abuse issue. Especially the tooth deal. Meth will jack up your teeth faster than just about anything else outside of a quick kick.

I'm not trying to give The Beef any excuses here, I'm just saying this is sounding more and more like a potential substance abuse issue. Especially the tooth deal. Meth will jack up your teeth faster than just about anything else outside of a quick kick.

Nah, the pulling out his tooth was 'for the role' - obviously we don't know exactly what that means but it doesn't seem as if he just did it for no reason.

I've been thinking about The Beef a lot lately, and while taking a short break from writing my serious fiction I decided to write some fanfic about him. It's time for the haters to stop hating, so this is an excerpt from my completely original homage to a completely original guy:

Shia

Shia, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Shi-a: a tip of the tongue taking a trip of two steps down the palate to tap, at two, on the teeth. Shi. A.

He was Shi, plain Shi, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. He was LaBeouf in slacks. He was Beefy at school. He was The Beef on the dotted line. But in my arms he was always Shia.

Did he have a precurser? He did, indeed he did. In point of fact, there might have been no Shia at all had I not loved, one summer, a certain initial man-child. In a princedom by the sea. Oh when? About as many years before Shia was born as my age was that summer. You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, exhibit number one is what the seraphs, the misinformed, simple, noble-winged seraphs, envied. Look at this tangle of thorns.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty good, right? This is just a small sample, when the story's done it should run around 317 pages in print. I feel like I nailed the prose here. Really some of the best writing I've ever done.

"Shia Labeouf?" said Suzanne, with a merry laugh. "Why! what a droll name! What is the Beef, Monsieur?"

She looked at Sir Andrew with eager curiosity. The young man's face had become almost transfigured. His eyes shone with enthusiasm; hero-worship, love, admiration for his leader seemed literally to glow upon his face. "Shia Labeouf, Mademoiselle," he said at last "is the name of a humble English wayside flower; but it is also the name chosen to hide the identity of the best and bravest man in all the world, so that he may better succeed in accomplishing the noble task he has set himself to do."

"Ah, yes," here interposed the young Vicomte, "I have heard speak of this Beef."

Archived