The love for Starks

The Iron Banker

I like them. Used to be my favorite house, but after a re-read, I found a lot of the other houses to be more interesting since the Starks felt like the "good guys".

Sansa is one of my favorite characters, and I still like Arya, Cat, Ned and Jon.

The Old Kings of Winter sound like a more interesting bunch, and I'd love to know more about them.

I love the Starks.

Ned wasn't naive in KL, but as a fish out of water. Keeping the North together is no mean feet, and you have people willing to trek through a snow-flooded wasteland with Stannis Baratheon(!) and die -- why? For Ned's girl.

Sure, Ned dies ignominiously, but so does Tywin and a lot of people think he's a friggin' genius. Valar Morghulis.

Sansa's journey is figuring out that she's a Stark and that her place is in the North -- symbolized by her building the castle in the snow.

Catelyn is the only one I have mixed feelings about, and she's a Tully anyway. And the thing that bugs me most about her is how she's always a total dick to her brother Edmure and begrudges him of any recognition or credit, very much like the child Sansa seems to be with Arya. I'm not saying that Edmure is a hero or anything, I have the feeling that if we saw more of him from other people's POV, we'd see a more balanced description.

A lot of people think that Arya will never truly be a Faceless Man because she is unable to stop being a stark. I believe that Bran will never truly be a Greenseer for the same reason. Do you really think he will succumb to the temptations of the Children of the Forest and spend the rest of his life rotting on an underground weirwood throne the rest of his life? I want to see him learn a lot and then shake free of it, proclaim "I'm a Stark!", and emerge from the cave to join the world of the living.

I like them. Used to be my favorite house, but after a re-read, I found a lot of the other houses to be more interesting since the Starks felt like the "good guys".

Sansa is one of my favorite characters, and I still like Arya, Cat, Ned and Jon.

The Old Kings of Winter sound like a more interesting bunch, and I'd love to know more about them.

Beware thinking the Starks are the "good guys" It may be a trap.

Actually in the end I think there will be enough good and evil to cover everyone of the POV characters.

I like the journey they are going through in order to survive..the people they meet..but as characters..not so much..only Stark who i actually liked since the 1st book and looked forward to for every chapter was Bran......sometimes i think we are forced to feel bad for the Starks..poor good old family suffering one tragedy after another...when every other family in Westeros has gone through the same.....nobody feels as sad for Viserys as they do for Arya..when both have pretty much the same journey and similar motive..Viserys had an additional responsibility as well..he was the true king/had to take care of Dany.

I feel the Lannister trio are the best characters as such. good/bad they entertain and have a certain survival instinct,even if its flawed

Maybe the present generation of Starks will become as evil or a dark shade of grey when they grow up....purely because of the need to surive. then I would find them interesting.

that said..RICKON!!! :commie: :commie:

ETA: Like one of the prev posters mentioned...I do not dislike them...but yes a certain indifference towards most.

GRRM

All the side stories are about the Targs. D&E, TPATQ...

It's like he is in love with them and does not give a shit about the Starks.

That's why he has been trying to kill them off all those years.

I doubt he would even include any Stark in the story if he started writing it today.

Seriously...

GRRM has openly said Tyrion Lannister is his favorite character and House Stark is his favorite house.

I liked Robb, but he was kind of boring (seeing that he had no POV chapter). I love Sansa and Arya; they're my 2 favorite female characters of the series. And Jon is my favorite male character, but technically he's a Snow or a secret Targ. ^_^

Bran is kind of boring, but his story is going to be very important in the next 2 books. And it is what it is with Rickon: he's the spare heir/the one most likely to become Lord/King Stark when he gets older.

The Starks are probably my third favorite house behind the Targaryens and Lannisters. As for the individual members; Sansa is my favorite, I love Arya and I like Ned, I am indifferent when it comes to Catelyn, Robb and Bran, Rickon is a non-entity and Jon is complete bore.

I like the Starks, but other than Sansa and Arya, they're not my favorites characters.

Yes, I know, Bran is training to be a demi-god, and Jon is like AAR/TPTWP, his is the Song of Ice and Fire and all those crazy thing your wetnurse told you about, but their journey so far hasn't been much entertaining. Ned was a good and honorable guy, but the best thing he did was die so the plot can move, Robb was Ned 2.0 in that matter, and Cat, I liked Cat, hate LS though (I love the North and their blind loyalty to House Stark, but it's not the same as say I love the Starks IMO)

In the end Lannister/Baratheon >>>>>>>Starks

well most of the fan base is stuck between the starks and targaryens, but yes there are people that hate the starks. I have a friend that hates them and loves the lannisters. Why he hates is, its because he says martin gives them the sympathetic factor way too much and the fact that its them that are the most magical based family.

Still i like a few starks

Ned- a fool, but he was a good leader and a good man

Benjen- seems cool

arya- love my warrior like ladies

jon (well not a legal stark but whatevers)- emo at first but man he grew on me especially when he founf his first woman.

Archived