Justified Season 5 (Spoilers)

Mark Antony

So the blonde whore tipped off the Crowes about the incoming shipment, and it's going to start a war with the Crowder gang? I would guess that Johnnie probably gets recruited into the Crowe gang at some point; with Boyd otherwise distracted, and Duffy weakened, this could get ugly fast.

As for Justified, it's tough to guess where it's headed. As opposed to Dexter, this show knows what it is, and hasn't strayed from that. The heart of the show is the relationship of Boyd and Raylan, so the ending will probably be the final take on the relationship. And Graham Yost has already said that Boyd and Raylan will realize that they do not like each other at all, so maybe there's an idea of where it's headed.

I think the show at heart is about how much control you have over your fate, and how much is determined by your birth. Raylan struggles to live up to Helen's upbringing, but as everyone points out, everything he does is colored by Arlo. We've seen all along that Raylan is really a shit Marshall. He tries to do what he thinks right, but like Arlo he takes the easy way out, makes it personal, and it ends up hurting people around him. That's what sent him back to Lexington, and it's only a matter of time before it costs him his career. Art knows about the money, and now he's going to figure out what happened with Theo.

Loretta was right that Raylan's nature made him search for her boyfriend, but that's only half of the story. It was Helen's that made him search, but it was Arlo that made him decide that the best way to deal with it was to bring it down to the criminal's level and hiding behind his badge the entire time. Raylan's a cowboy, not a lawman; I think this show is a tragedy that tracks his eventual downfall.

It's a theme that touches upon all of the characters. Even with Mags' money, Loretta can't help herself from scamming every man she runs into. She's smart enough to know better, but she can't help who she is. Boyd has tried his hand at being a preacher, a simple coal miner, and of gentrifying to the suburbs with Ava, but as he said himself, he's an outlaw, and that's all he ever will be.

Great post, and that's a great way of looking at it. It's just that I have a hard time seeing this show from a tragic angle (aside from maybe Dewey's story). Sure it is a story of people trying to escape who they really are, but for me there is a comedic feel to it which leads me to believe there won't be a dark ending. I know that's a leap of logic, but for me it would be strange for this show to break from the lighter feel and head down a dark path.

She's been on True Blood and House, but not Scrubs according to imdb.

I was referring to Alison (Amy Smart). She was TCW from Scrubs, I just checked. Ha! Maybe Raylan can take some advice from JD on how to land her, and then fumble the relationship.

Edit: yeah that other lady is damn fine. I've seen her on House, and definitely wouldn't mind seeing more of her on Justified.

I was referring to Alison (Amy Smart). She was TCW from Scrubs, I just checked. Ha! Maybe Raylan can take some advice from JD on how to land her, and then fumble the relationship.

Edit: yeah that other lady is damn fine. I've seen her on House, and definitely wouldn't mind seeing more of her on Justified.

Apparently "tasty coma wife" isn't specific enough for television. :lol: Mrs. Paxton is much hotter tastier than Amy Smart, imo.

Mrs. Paxton is much hotter tastier than Amy Smart, imo.

Haha without a doubt. TCW just comes with a bit of that Scrubs nostalgia. Man, now I almost want Zach Braff to show up as a clueless officer who has a reluctant mentor he idolizes in Raylan.

Edit: quick question about that 'throwaway' scene with the blonde and the street dealer. Wasn't that blonde chick Johnny's girl? Maybe she could've passed along the shipment info to Johnny, who may have had something to do with the attack. I know it's a stretch, but it doesn't necessarily have to be the Crowes' doing.

She's been on True Blood and House, but not Scrubs according to imdb.

That's where I've seen her! Yeah she's sexy as hell in that too.

I think you may be right, Hector. I don't recognize that chick but it makes total sense for Johnny to be behind the hit. Could be teaming up with that Picker guy? I really don't think it was the Crowes. I guess those Memphis guys could have been behind it, but I don't think they're being made regulars.

It was definitely the Crowes imo. What else is the point of having them come to KY? If not to challenge Boyd and try to take over.

Yeah I also think it was the Crowes, Maybe the Crowes and Johnny will team up? Idk what the writers have planned for Johnny but I assume he'll be back.

It was definitely the Crowes imo. What else is the point of having them come to KY? If not to challenge Boyd and try to take over.

Darryl has come to leech off Dewey. Rest of the Crowes are in Florida still.

Now, they'll probably get involved with Boyd later in the season, but my feeling is they'll just be antagonistic toward Raylan to begin with.

Any possibility that Limehouse did it? Doesn't seem like his style. My money's still on Johnny.

Thinking further, I think Johnny was behind the robbery. The blonde got the info on when the shipment was coming in, and he's one of the few people who would know where the shipments went. I think she was the one who got beat up by Colt last season - if she's still working at Audrey's, that would implicate the Crowes. She was also Johnny's favorite, so if she's not working for the Crowes, she's probably working for him.

Archived