Justified Season 5 (Spoilers)

Mark Antony

Yet three times smarter than Dewey :D

I think the pool that Raylan shot is smarter the Dewey.

Are we to be left wondering if Boyd ditches Eva for the new woman?

CAuse that would make me sad.

And I loved the scene with the female deputy clubbing the rapist. That was enjoyable.

Poor Jonathan, always tries to be the bad guy, and then gets beat down by a women.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Levinson

I've already decided that my next dog is going to be a pit bull named "Hodor".

that's funny.

DId anyone watch the trailer for next week

Alan Tudyk :D

I am pretty sure, that he is the guy Sasso said they needed to speak to.

Fuckin awesome opener! <3 Boyd :D

Holy crap... that was a masterful bit of maneuvering on Boyd's part.

Damn. Edi Gathegi's Jean-Baptiste was a lot more interesting than the nut-case brother/Coover retread.

Ditto.

That was awful what they did to Ava.

Damn Johnny!

I'm still not sure about this... why would Avon & co. ditch Hot Rod for Johnny? How much could he have possibly paid them from that one heist?

Also, was that guard just crazy, or did someone put him up to it? Because that was completely crazy - the guards have power on the inside, the prisoners are still connected on the outside.

Can't believe they killed Jean-Baptiste! And at the hands of that low-rent Coover retread, no less. Ugh.

Loved Boyd in the opener, although it all fell apart later on, through Johnny growing a brain and Ava being framed.

As for Johnny's storyline, that final, resigned "Well, s***" line was the hardest I've laughed at Justified in a while, and it's a very funny show.

How is it that Rick Gomez (ADA Vasquez) looks exactly the same now as he did in Band of Brothers, which was made almost 15 years ago? Does he have a portrait stashed in an attic somewhere?

Amazing episode! Art was great tonight, so I'm very glad I didn't look up his twitter.

Damn. Edi Gathegi's Jean-Baptiste was a lot more interesting than the nut-case brother/Coover retread.

I couldn't agree more. What the hell were they thinking?

How is it that Rick Gomez (ADA Vasquez) looks exactly the same now as he did in Band of Brothers, which was made almost 15 years ago? Does he have a portrait stashed in an attic somewhere?

:lol:

At the end of the episode tonight I was thinking, "man, he's finally starting to look older" after he showed a lot of wrinkles when he was kissing Art's butt.

Man, this show just doesn't pull punches. Just when I was thinking damn, the Haitian is manipulative, smart, appears to have many secrets - he will probably end up bei-BAM he's dead! That's GRRM level expendability.

And finally Boyd is back...only to get knocked down again at the end. Ugh that was just unfortunate for him and Ava.

For my money this was the best episode of the season.

Raylan just can't stop himself from self destruction. It's like he's a perfect storm of implosion. That little bomb he dropped at the end of the episode was his career saying bye bye. Or will Art turn a blind eye? I don't think he will, personally.

This was a very good episode. Up until last night, this season has been a snooze-fest, but wow, it took off.

Raylan just can't stop himself from self destruction. It's like he's a perfect storm of implosion. That little bomb he dropped at the end of the episode was his career saying bye bye. Or will Art turn a blind eye? I don't think he will, personally.

Yeah, I almost thought I had misunderstood what Raylan was saying, because I didn't believe the show would do that. It'll be interesting to see where that goes for sure.

I really thought Art was gonna die in that warehouse. After the first guy was shot, the camera angles and music faked me out into thinking there would be a second shooter or something.

This episode was just fucking bad imo. Like a cartoon version of a real Justified episode. That's kind of how I feel about this whole season so far. Starting to wonder if Elmore Leonard had been something of a guiding hand, because things are starting to get sloppy and silly.

It came to a head with killing off the Haitian in favour of a character we've seen done to death on this show, but it started with completely wasting Alan Tudyk and rushing the Theo Tonin plot line, wrapping up a long running plot in a very anti-climatic fashion, and adding more angst to a Boyd plot line that felt like it has been wasting time all season with needlessly complicated and screen chewing 'twists' from start to finish. The only good point was Johnny's double-cross, and even that isn't making a lot of sense when you think about it.

Its really making me reevaluate the show as a whole.

I really thought Art was gonna die in that warehouse. After the first guy was shot, the camera angles and music faked me out into thinking there would be a second shooter or something.

Art's definitely going to be dead at the end of the season. I mean, bringing in the fish of his career, with just 8 months until retirement? There's no way he can't die!

Wild mass guess: Raylan's going to be responsible for his death. Art is going to get caught up in a firefight initiated because of Raylan's extra-legal activities, and Raylan will lose his badge over it while (just) barely avoiding prison time. Season 6 will be about Raylan having to deal with the fallout of his actions without the protection that comes with being a lawman.

But yeah, Jean-Baptiste was about 1000% more interesting than Coover II.

The Haitian was probably a CI, that's why they killed him off.

I don't see how this is even implied, if at all possible. The man was the consiglieri of the family.

Coover 2 just got pissy that he was so thoroughly emasculated in front of the kid, so he blew his top. Same way the stuttering Crowe did at the start of the season.

It was a dumb scene that sacrificed a potentially interesting character to create a boring Crowe family drama plotline.

I liked last night's ep but the Crowes are starting to annoy me, they don't appear to serve much purpose beyond being a minor inconvenience. Obviously the season trailers implied they will be a big threat, but they all seem rather stupid, even Rappaport's character, and ill equipped to tangle with the various criminal organizations and shrewd chracters already operating in Harlan. Nearly halfway through the season, they are starting to detract from the larger plot lines instead of adding to them.

Not that it would matter in a case like this, but there's absolutely no blood spatter on Ava's clothes or hands.

I like that Dexter angle haha. Not to mention that there's the one lady guard who knows the history between Ava and that little shit of a man.

But you're right, none of this matters because by all appearances, she's done.

Boyd and Ava are honestly starting to annoy me. I like them both, but we need a break from each other, I think. ;)

I'm loving that Cousin Johnny outfoxed Hot Rod, and am looking forward to the explosion that will be the Crowes. What a bunch of thugs.

Archived