Justified Season 5 (Spoilers)

Mark Antony

Good episode.. sad to see Johnny go. Didn't feel like he did much this season and could have been a bigger player before he went. I hope we get more Yoon too and Wynn Duffy has been noticeably absent these last couple of episodes. Maybe the 2 week delay has distorted my sense of time.

The bit with the computer hacker was far more entertaining in the end than what I thought it would be. His last conversation with Raylan put a smirk on my face.

The only thing I didn't like was Danny Crowe shooting Johnny's guys. That didn't make any sense and I originally thought it was part of the mentally unstable and violent nature of his character. Seemed like cheap writing to introduce some turbulence to their situation. But in the episode recap with Yost, it looks like there may be more reasoning behind it and that Darryl was in on it too.

Danny and Darryl shot Johnny’s men (which led to Boyd shooting Johnny). That’s because they want to keep Boyd in danger so they have jobs?
You get the answer for why they did what they did next episode. They tried to make it look like someone had a gun and was pulling, but we all could see that that wasn’t happening. Now they’re in a jam. The whole thing was, “I don’t care if you guys kill each other. I just don’t want any bodies in the Mexican dirt.” Now there’s four bodies in the Mexican desert. What’s gonna happen?

Good episode.. sad to see Johnny go. Didn't feel like he did much this season and could have been a bigger player before he went. I hope we get more Yoon too and Wynn Duffy has been noticeably absent these last couple of episodes. Maybe the 2 week delay has distorted my sense of time.

The bit with the computer hacker was far more entertaining in the end than what I thought it would be. His last conversation with Raylan put a smirk on my face.

The only thing I didn't like was Danny Crowe shooting Johnny's guys. That didn't make any sense and I originally thought it was part of the mentally unstable and violent nature of his character. Seemed like cheap writing to introduce some turbulence to their situation. But in the episode recap with Yost, it looks like there may be more reasoning behind it and that Darryl was in on it too.

You can clearly see Daryl giving him a signal to do it

He's the guy who beats up Julia's father, but I don't think I would recognize him from there. In fact, I didn't

I definitely recognized him from something else too, not BE or anything on his imdb page. Either he's a dead ringer for some popular actor I'm forgetting, or imdb left off a couple credits. Oh well, at least we know who he is.

I really don't know why I'm not enjoying this season, but I'm not. Every plot twist and complication is just making me shake my head. The A-plot about the hacker was weak. The second they said 'don't kill someone in mexico' the writing was on the wall about how the episode was going to end. I just don't know why none of this is sitting right with me.

Also getting tired of Boyd in general.

I really don't know why I'm not enjoying this season, but I'm not. Every plot twist and complication is just making me shake my head. The A-plot about the hacker was weak. The second they said 'don't kill someone in mexico' the writing was on the wall about how the episode was going to end. I just don't know why none of this is sitting right with me.

Also getting tired of Boyd in general.

This has probably been the weakest season since season 1. The characters are all around not compelling. Darryl and the Crowes and the previous antagonists (Lee Paxton, Sheriff) haven't been as interesting or conflictive as a Mags, Dickie, Quarles or a Nicky. We haven't seen much of Wynn Duffy and Limehouse hasn't appeared. There's no Tim / Colt rivalry brewing. Really the season's being carried by Raylan and Boyd doing their same shtick.. but we've already seen a lot of that over the past 4 seasons.

This has probably been the weakest season since season 1. The characters are all around not compelling. Darryl and the Crowes and the previous antagonists (Lee Paxton, Sheriff) haven't been as interesting or conflictive as a Mags, Dickie, Quarles or a Nicky. We haven't seen much of Wynn Duffy and Limehouse hasn't appeared. There's no Tim / Colt rivalry brewing. Really the season's being carried by Raylan and Boyd doing their same shtick.. but we've already seen a lot of that over the past 4 seasons.

Yeah, I'm going to go and agree with you on a lot of that.

This season has been a lot more trigger happy, and that isn't a good thing imo.

Agree 100%. There's not much buildup to anything, and most disappointing of all imo is that the plotlines feel way more independent and separate than past seasons, to the detriment of the show. In the past, Boyd and Raylan would often be a hair's breadth away from each other, dealing with the same baddies but on different fronts. That brought so much tension, even though I largely knew both Boyd and Raylan would likely survive their ordeals.

I don't mind Darryl Crowe, but he's not 'threatening' enough to be a big bad. The Haitian was intriguing, but of course we didn't know much about him.

It's still great TV, but just not up to the standards of previous seasons. That and True Detective is really setting the bar this year.

Fucking Danny Crowe.

RIP cousin Johnny :(

I know! I loved Cousin Johnny but he was way out of his league messing with Boyd.

Mags will always be my favorite, she was so fucking good! Boyd has definitely equaled her in quality, but I won't say he's passed her.

The Sopranos had some great "baddies" IMO. Specifically Ralph Cifaretto.

Really enjoyed this episode. Does anyone know who the guy playing TC was? He looked really familiar.

Mags was the Queen. I cannot think of another villain I loved as much as her. She was just stellar.

Word! There's just something about redheads...

We're dangerous. It's irresistible.

Probably the Crowes trying to get the drug business for themselves instead of working for Boyd, by getting him in trouble with the Mexicans.

Probably the Crowes trying to get the drug business for themselves instead of working for Boyd, by getting him in trouble with the Mexicans.

That was my thought; that it was a power grab. I don't understand why Boyd brought them in the first place. They're obviously untrustworthy, dumb, and vicious...it didn't make any sense.

He made a very bad, 'unBoyd' choice with the Crowes. He already knew that they'd muscled Dewey out...I just thought it was a major misstep that wasn't true to the character.

In case you haven't noticed, Boyd isn't really in control this season. He's desperate.

In case you haven't noticed, Boyd isn't really in control this season. He's desperate.

Yeah. Hooking up with the Crowes was a new low. And poor Ava...I'm thinking she's going to become a criminal mastermind in prison and will take over Harlan County when she gets out.

Archived