Justified Season 5 (Spoilers)

Mark Antony

He made a very bad, 'unBoyd' choice with the Crowes. He already knew that they'd muscled Dewey out...I just thought it was a major misstep that wasn't true to the character.

Boyd's always had a tin ear for hiring muscle. And he tends to put his trust in the wrong people. Last season he sided with Colt, who turned out to be a fuck up, over the cousin that had been helping him out and getting pissed on in return.

I really feel bad for Kendall, but it's a little ridiculous that he hasn't found a chance to tell Darryl or Wendy what happened to the Haitian by now. I love that there are still more Crowes around. Actually I think Dewy asked Raylan to make a detour to one of his uncles houses way back in like the second episode when he was transporting him as a prisoner.

I really feel bad for Kendall, but it's a little ridiculous that he hasn't found a chance to tell Darryl or Wendy what happened to the Haitian by now. I love that there are still more Crowes around. Actually I think Dewy asked Raylan to make a detour to one of his uncles houses way back in like the second episode when he was transporting him as a prisoner.

I think it's fairly believable that Kendall is afraid to tell Daryl or Wendy. I guess he's trying to get this new uncle to take him in.

Agree 100%. There's not much buildup to anything, and most disappointing of all imo is that the plotlines feel way more independent and separate than past seasons, to the detriment of the show. In the past, Boyd and Raylan would often be a hair's breadth away from each other, dealing with the same baddies but on different fronts. That brought so much tension, even though I largely knew both Boyd and Raylan would likely survive their ordeals.

Yeah that's the other thing and what I think ultimately makes Justified better than other shows. Last season was like a 5 character chess game and a race to capture Drew Thompson. Johnny's playing against Raylan and Boyd and Nicky and Colt. Nicky's playing against Raylan and Boyd. Limehouse is playing against everyone. It was awesome... One conflict always had an impact on a third party somewhere. I also like that the Harlan County families are like the Westeros noble families. Whether it be the Crowes, Bennets, Crowders, or the Givens, their families all have histories and rivalries that go back at least one generation. This season is missing all of that.

Yeah that's the other thing and what I think ultimately makes Justified better than other shows. Last season was like a 5 character chess game and a race to capture Drew Thompson. Johnny's playing against Raylan and Boyd and Nicky and Colt. Nicky's playing against Raylan and Boyd. Limehouse is playing against everyone. It was awesome... One conflict always had an impact on a third party somewhere. I also like that the Harlan County families are like the Westeros noble families. Whether it be the Crowes, Bennets, Crowders, or the Givens, their families all have histories and rivalries that go back at least one generation. This season is missing all of that.

Yeah exactly, but Arlo was a big factor in all of that too. He was basically the link between Raylan's and Boyd's activities. There is now a void after his departure (RIP of course), leaving things a little disjointed.

As I've said before, this is still good to great TV, just not as good as what it previously was. That's my go-to disclaimer when criticizing this show haha

Definitely my least favorite episode of the season. I just didn't care at all about the Kendall or Ava storylines. Even Boyd's scenes didn't do much for me. And the ending scene was kind of weird. I don't know if I missed something or what, but why did she end it so suddenly?

Definitely my least favorite episode of the season. I just didn't care at all about the Kendall or Ava storylines. Even Boyd's scenes didn't do much for me. And the ending scene was kind of weird. I don't know if I missed something or what, but why did she end it so suddenly?

I thought I missed something too, but maybe it was just how Raylan was called away while they were about to head to Florida? Whatever it is, it was too sudden.

Overall, this was probably the worst one of the season. Everything felt a little forced and disjointed.

It was an OK episode, nothing special, except for the entire prison story line which i really don't like. One thing i don't understand though. Why is Boyd letting that little shit prison guard get away with screwing Ava so badly. It seems completely out of character for him not to go after the guard immediately.

The last two episodes have really felt like filler except for tacking on the death of cousin Johnny at the end last week. There has been very little escalation so late in the season, everyone is just sort of going through the motions. Learning that Wendy is Kendall's mother is hardly an interesting revelation. being introduced to his scumbag one and done father was a waste of time.

It was an OK episode, nothing special, except for the entire prison story line which i really don't like. One thing i don't understand though. Why is Boyd letting that little shit prison guard get away with screwing Ava so badly. It seems completely out of character for him not to go after the guard immediately.

Hasn't he not visited Ava since she went to Mega Jail? He doesn't know.

Also why did Wendy tell Kendall that she was his sister?

Definitely the worst episode of the season. This season is really unfocused at the moment. Way too much focus on Boyd and Crowes and not enough on Raylan doing Raylan things. They need to get back to what works...Boyd v Raylan v Duffy v Hot Rod and Harris Brothers. Kill all the Crowes and move on.

Last night was the first time I was bored watching Justified :(

I'm not sure what the point of Amy Smart's character was. I kept thinking that if he took her to Florida it would be one hot mess. Glad it didn't happen.

And what's with giving Kendell all the money? Why not be a decent dad and invest in his own damn kid. I get that we are supposed to think he's great for the charity but so far it doesn't balance out the crap job he's done as a parent.

So it turns out this episode was tossed together after the guy who played Jean-Baptiste wanted to be killed off. They had bigger plans for him and had to make up an episode in place of whatever they would have done with his character. Explains why it was so bad.

interesting. Well yeah that was a very weak episode. Hopefully things get better.

Archived