College Football: Offseason coaching drama and crootin'

MisterOJ

Crab legs. Committed a crime for crab legs. How did he figure he would sneak them out? He acted like the child he is. That is so sad.

Acted like the common criminal he is. Every kid above the age of 5 knows shoplifting is wrong.

This article was updated with this:

I dunno, I can't help but find this kinda sad. Both that he would resort to petty crime like this, and that this whole amateur NCAA nonsense means that he can't just purchase crab legs with salary from the millions of dollars that he's earned his school.

Who says he stole them because he can't afford them? People steal stuff all the time that they can afford. About a year ago, a fairly prominent businessman in the town I live was arrested for stealing steaks from the local Piggly Wiggly. Literally was caught walking out of the store with steaks stuffed in his jacket and down his pants. And this is a guy that owns two nice homes and multiple rental properties around town.

Who says he stole them because he can't afford them? People steal stuff all the time that they can afford. About a year ago, a fairly prominent businessman in the town I live was arrested for stealing steaks from the local Piggly Wiggly. Literally was caught walking out of the store with steaks stuffed in his jacket and down his pants. And this is a guy that owns two nice homes and multiple rental properties around town.

That makes it doubly stupid. :(

I'd like to nominate for a medal the Twitter genius who coined this latest scandal "Free Seafood University." :lol:

Or the one who said that if convicted, Winston will likely be slapped with a "show claws" penalty by the NCAA.

Saw both of those. Loved 'em. :lol:

I have no idea if he could afford them. But whether he can or not, he certainly cannot purchase them with his share of the millions of dollars he earned FSU last year.

That's easily my favorite. :lol:

yep, that's the winner.

Is it 1) general stupidity? 2) ego that no one will catch him? 3) ego that even if someone catches him, no one will do anything? 4) general stupidity? E) All of the above?

Hopefully someone is pulling him to the side and drilling into him how he needs to act for the next 385 days until draft next year.

yep, that's the winner.

Is it 1) general stupidity? 2) ego that no one will catch him? 3) ego that even if someone catches him, no one will do anything? 4) general stupidity? E) All of the above?

Hopefully someone is pulling him to the side and drilling into him how he needs to act for the next 385 days until draft next year.

You left off being a common criminal. But #3 will continue to prove true time and time again so long as he can sling the pigskin.

You left off being a common criminal. But #3 will continue to prove true time and time again so long as he can sling the pigskin.

I didn't, because he's not common. But I would file that type of description still under A & D.

I do love some of the reasoning people are giving - whether it has any validity or not. "He was going through the self serve and it didn't read it right." That is something that absolutely CAN happen - but you'd still think that someone under this level of scrutiny would be extra careful, and would also notice the difference in his bill.

Well spring practice is over. I went to the UK spring game and the team certainly looks to be improving over the past few seasons. Many of the new lineman are massive compared to our typical stock (actually look like SEC lineman), so hopefully they can get their skills up to speed and maybe get in some games this fall.

The QB situation is hairy, as has been typical for the last few years. Hot-shot true freshman (and fan favorite for starter) Drew Barker looked nervous and was rather underwhelming, although he did have one nice 30-yarder for a TD. Hot-shot redshirt sophomore Patrick Towles looked great, and seemingly has the lead for starter. He was something like 13-17 for 170 yards or so with a TD and one horrible interception to a lineman on a screen pass. Overlooked footnote redshirt freshman Reese Phillips also looked good, with similar numbers to Towles less the interception. Not naming a true starting QB even 3 or 4 games into the season last year really did not go well for us, so I hope this gets sorted out early into fall practice.

We have a good stock of running backs who all looked really good (saying this when watching them against the UK defense).

As is typical for the long-suffering-UK-football-fan, the defense was mediochre at best (imo), and this will be a big problem in SEC play next season. We'll probably have to score 40-50 points to beat anybody in league play, and I dunno how realistic that is.

If we can improve our win total to 5 or (gasp!) 6 games (with an SEC win or two) I'd call that a success for 2nd year coach Stoops.

Archived