TTTNE #413: Titles, Titles, and more Titles

Mark Antony

I just awoke to the first snow of the season and I'm not sure that I like it.

Space Bandito: In sweden we have a saying: Man saknar inte kon förrän båset är tomt (You don't miss the cow until the stall is empty) :grouphug:

well good morning odie :D

snow! we already had snow but the first day is always cool :D

in potato land we have a saying too "potato likes hugging odie :grouphug: "

First of all, a big :grouphug: for everyone, its so good to come home and find you all here!

Gillio- Love ya!!!!!

Love you too Bai!! :kiss:

Just checking in quickly. It's been a long day but I swear the curse will not claim me!

Your King is a Lannister. Your Queen is not. I have a direterrier!

Crown Pooch update: Surgery was a success and the Katie is resting comfortably at home. She managed to pull me down the frozen brick steps in front of my house this morning so I'm a bit beat up. But I'm so relieved to have her home and recovering... Heartfelt gratitude to everyone for your kind thoughts, prayers and well-wishes. Katie means the world to me, and I'm deeply touched by the love and support here. You guys are the BEST.

Re: titles and vetoes. Rules of common courtesy apply. Get permission before referencing or naming someone in your title, please. Again, I will be compiling the list this weekend with LT (schedules permitting). We should have a draft ready to post soon and will start from there. The suggestions have been great so far.

Congratulations to Bucky for her diploma!

Continued good wishes for the Spammer relatives who are recovering.

Lily - good luck with the apt search for Mr. Fling.

Bex - hope the knee is feeling a little better.

L_T - I hope the headache disappears soon.

Calling it an early night. I'll catch you spammers tomorrow.

Sleep well, Hugs :grouphug: (gentle ones) for Princess Katie, and a lick and tail wag from Obi

Myself (and possibly my absent fellow Targ ) still feel underrepresented

I am glad my Direterrier namesake is recovering well, I hope she returns to full strength quickly

But Spam Royalty belong to all Houses, it is known.

TTTNE is bigger than houses! :P

Hey thread. Listen.

Story about what happens when you get along with an ex. We broke up in September but just liked spending a lot of time together. I sort of broke up with her when i realized I loved her two kids, but didn't really love her that much. I bought games for her kids. Picked them up from school and loved hearing about their days. Took them on Bandito nature walks. Made them listen to Buckethead in my car. It was a blast. Not to mention I loved her parents. Cooked with her mother. Spent time on the porch chatting with her father. But I didn't love her.

After we broke up we usually got together once a week. For coffee or a night together. She texted me a week before Christmas. She wanted to prepare me for her announcement to the Facebook world that she had a new relationship. I was honestly happy for her. She told me that she hoped I hadn't gotten her a gift for the holiday. I laughed at that thought, and quickly stuffed my gift in the closet. I sort of felt she needed a little more time to enjoy being a singe lady (she had just finalized a divorce over the summer). I wished her the best and then I saw who her new therapist err boyfriend was. And it bothered me. I can't tell you why, beyond he wasn't nearly as cute as me. Or perhaps as Banditoish. It bugged me. Tempted to post his facebook profile. It wasn't fair to her, I know. It almost feels like I lost and I almost want her back. But I know that is silly. I assured her that I would love to be a part of her kids life (they do worship me you know), but I haven't seen them in a year (or since early December).

All this has been on my mind as I didn't have someone beyond my cat who wanted to spend a Saturday night with me. Or who wanted to text talk a Patriots game with me. Then she texted me today. I was actually on an OKCupid date. (yeah, I finally decided to move on). She was happily sharing with me that she would love to see me tire out her kids, but this weekend wouldn't work as she was going to see the Patriots play this weekend. Wasn't that awesome!? I felt empty. I smiled at my date. Enjoyed the rest of the night, but I felt the loss. Strange huh?

:grouphug: Welcome back, we've missed you!

And, stop with the no-one wants to spend A saturday night, thats what TTTNE is for!!

SB. Nice to see you again

Glad Katie is doing OK! Here, take something from the pharmacy....I've got aleve, ibuprofen and tylenol. Silly doc would not call me in any pain meds. Oh yeah...forgot that's how I got banned from chat anyway

Knee is a little better. I have to go in for a cortisone shot on Wednesday.

Good morning Spammers!

Glad about the knee improving! I has a workmate who was an incomplete quad, he swore by glucosamine.

The spam flowest fasteth.

I only read bandito's post.

Also to anyone who needs it that I missed and a howdy do to you all!

Yes, its hard to keep up!! :grouphug:

Long ... actually it was not bear-sized a long time, but it hurt.

I will make mine* heal fast :pirate:

Hello spam friends. I'm trying to acquire a taste for wine

Me too. Wine is quite dull. At least mostly, I suspect people start liking wine better not only with wine's age, but with their own age.

Favorite of his last 3 albums - Buckethead Wishes

I opened it, forgot about it and was reading through the rest of TTTNE without much focus. And for a few seconds it all felt like a documentary:ninja:

First of all, a big :grouphug: for everyone, its so good to come home and find you all here!

It might be a crime scene though :ninja: Who is hiding the honeyed chicken? :ninja:

*allegedly, because I don't really have ankles, I pretend to have them sometimes :ninja:

Hello, guys.

I'm having a [_]p of coffee, and I'm really glad that I have the weekend off. Early shift nearly killed me, but here I am.

I'm listening to awesome music (Audiomachine) and enjoying my time - because I'm also talking to my lady love, although I'm thinking of going to town and spend some money on books. There are so many books I want to read - fictional and non-fictional all the way. At the moment, I read the the first book of the third part of the MST-saga by Tad Williams.

:grouphug:

Hello, guys.

I'm having a [_]p of coffee, and I'm really glad that I have the weekend off. Early shift nearly killed me, but here I am.

I'm listening to awesome music (Audiomachine) and enjoying my time - because I'm also talking to my lady love, although I'm thinking of going to town and spend some money on books. There are so many books I want to read - fictional and non-fictional all the way. At the moment, I read the the first book of the third part of the MST-saga by Tad Williams.

:grouphug:

hey L_T :D

a shame that early shift didn't do it , i won't weep for a lannister :devil:

ok, i lied , i would weep for L_T :crying:

why, king tyrion , have you informed your lady love that she's the consort to a king now :leer: :pimp:

now * insert cold rebellious face * :pirate:

hey L_T :D

a shame that early shift didn't do it , i won't weep for a lannister :devil:

ok, i lied , i would weep for L_T :crying:

why, king tyrion , have you informed your lady love that she's the consort to a king now :leer: :pimp:

now * insert cold rebellious face * :pirate:

<lol>

Hello, potato.

Yes, I did. And she's proud to be my consort. :smug: She even wants to give me a crown.

How are you today?

<lol>

Hello, potato.

Yes, I did. And she's proud to be my consort. :smug: She even wants to give me a crown.

How are you today?

hey L_T

a proper tin crown as befit a king of spam , tho not for long as the lack of hugs from potatoes will render you and maid emotionally devastated and depressed , which in turn will make you go cu cu likw baelor he hippie but in much worse way :pirate:

i'm feeling a bit weird , don't know why , but i feel a whole lot better than i did a second ago , because i spy with my little eye the loveliest of names in the thread "RhaenysBalerion" :wub: :love: :kiss:

Good day.

Busy weekend in front of me, I have to translate something, and prepare for an essay and an exam and a presentation next week. :read: :read:

Buckwheat- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Well done!!

Congratulations to Bucky for her diploma! :cheers:

Thank you both. :)

Crown Pooch update: Surgery was a success and the Katie is resting comfortably at home. She managed to pull me down the frozen brick steps in front of my house this morning so I'm a bit beat up. But I'm so relieved to have her home and recovering... Heartfelt gratitude to everyone for your kind thoughts, prayers and well-wishes. Katie means the world to me, and I'm deeply touched by the love and support here. You guys are the BEST.

Yay!

Welcome back, SB.

I will make mine* heal fast :pirate:

*allegedly, because I don't really have ankles, I pretend to have them sometimes :ninja:

Have I already told you how much I like your I-hav-no-idea-what-you-are-talking-about posts? :P

Some traditional people here would argue that the decorations must be kept till 2nd February, the celebration called svečnica. No idea what this day represents, but there it is.

I googled svečnica out of curiosity. It turns out to be Candlemas, which in the Liturgical Calendar coincides with the Feast of Presentation of Jesus at the Temple. The Day of the Year were Beeswax candles were blessed in the olden days. Traditionally, in the Spanish Caribbean the Celebration of the Baptism (January 13) ends the Christmas Festivities. Anyway, Candlemas comes exactly 40 days after Christmas, and celebrates the Old Jewish rite of presenting firstborn at the temple.

(I feel like a derp now, for it took me all these years to understand Christmas = Christ + Mass, or the Mass to Celebrate the Nativity <_<.)

Enjoyed the rest of the night, but I felt the loss. Strange huh?

Welcome back, SB.

Speaking from my own experience, I think it's common to at least ponder what could have been. I have that kind of problem with my past as well.

Wine is good. Whisky is better. ;)

I actually like a wine on occasion, but usually it is beer for me.

Wine person here. But wouldn't flinch on trading it for an ice-cold beer in a summer day.

a proper tin crown as befit a king of spam,

http://images.devshed.com/wh/stories/Notorious_Spammers/spam_king.jpg

EDIT: Clarity

i think i'll go ice skating with grandma today let's hope she doesn't start poking me with a stick to talk to girls again

I love this :commie: Say hi to her for me :D

Hey thread. Listen.

Story about what happens when you get along with an ex. We broke up in September but just liked spending a lot of time together. I sort of broke up with her when i realized I loved her two kids, but didn't really love her that much. I bought games for her kids. Picked them up from school and loved hearing about their days. Took them on Bandito nature walks. Made them listen to Buckethead in my car. It was a blast. Not to mention I loved her parents. Cooked with her mother. Spent time on the porch chatting with her father. But I didn't love her.

After we broke up we usually got together once a week. For coffee or a night together. She texted me a week before Christmas. She wanted to prepare me for her announcement to the Facebook world that she had a new relationship. I was honestly happy for her. She told me that she hoped I hadn't gotten her a gift for the holiday. I laughed at that thought, and quickly stuffed my gift in the closet. I sort of felt she needed a little more time to enjoy being a singe lady (she had just finalized a divorce over the summer). I wished her the best and then I saw who her new therapist err boyfriend was. And it bothered me. I can't tell you why, beyond he wasn't nearly as cute as me. Or perhaps as Banditoish. It bugged me. Tempted to post his facebook profile. It wasn't fair to her, I know. It almost feels like I lost and I almost want her back. But I know that is silly. I assured her that I would love to be a part of her kids life (they do worship me you know), but I haven't seen them in a year (or since early December).

All this has been on my mind as I didn't have someone beyond my cat who wanted to spend a Saturday night with me. Or who wanted to text talk a Patriots game with me. Then she texted me today. I was actually on an OKCupid date. (yeah, I finally decided to move on). She was happily sharing with me that she would love to see me tire out her kids, but this weekend wouldn't work as she was going to see the Patriots play this weekend. Wasn't that awesome!? I felt empty. I smiled at my date. Enjoyed the rest of the night, but I felt the loss. Strange huh?

This is a great post, Space Bandito. I hope you'll move on and find another lovely lady.

And nice to meet you! :cheers:

SB. Nice to see you again

Glad Katie is doing OK! Here, take something from the pharmacy....I've got aleve, ibuprofen and tylenol. Silly doc would not call me in any pain meds. Oh yeah...forgot that's how I got banned from chat anyway

Good morning Spammers!

Hope your knee gets better soon :)

hey L_T

a proper tin crown as befit a king of spam , tho not for long as the lack of hugs from potatoes will render you and maid emotionally devastated and depressed , which in turn will make you go cu cu likw baelor he hippie but in much worse way

i'm feeling a bit weird , don't know why , but i feel a whole lot better than i did a second ago , because i spy with my little eye the loveliest of names in the thread "RhaenysBalerion" :wub: :love: :kiss:

Awwwwwwww ... just... just... :love: :kiss: :grouphug:

Happy weekend my lovelies :kiss:

Going to let Alex face plant me a few dozen times today. Life is always so fun :P

Hey thread. Listen.

I remember this Dude without a Face who this post reminded me very much of. He is now married to a gorgeous woman with two sons of his own and another on the way.

Point being, you will one day find the right woman and have children of your own and be a fantastic father. :love:

:grouphug: SB. Nice to see you again :D

Glad Katie is doing OK! Here, take something from the pharmacy....I've got aleve, ibuprofen and tylenol. Silly doc would not call me in any pain meds. Oh yeah...forgot that's how I got banned from chat anyway :P

Good morning Spammers!

Glad the knee is doing better. I know here, most pain killers cannot be phoned in...they have to have an actual prescription. (same with the ADHD meds)

I googled svečnica out of curiosity. It turns out to be Candlemas, which in the Liturgical Calendar coincides with the Feast of Presentation of Jesus at the Temple. The Day of the Year were Beeswax candles were blessed in the olden days. Traditionally, in the Spanish Caribbean the Celebration of the Baptism (January 13) ends the Christmas Festivities. Anyway, Candlemas comes exactly 40 days after Christmas, and celebrates the Old Jewish rite of presenting firstborn at the temple.

Funny that it is also Imbloc. :) (the midway point between Yule and Ostara (Spring))

Morning everyone!

Made through the shift, although my attempt to run to a client's room when I heard crutches falling was a miserable fail :P He was in bed safe and sound and suggested I might need the crutches more than he did <_<

Actually, he was a lot of fun to talk to. Turns out that he's an ASOIAF fan and wasn't aware of this website, so maybe we'll have a new a guy around soon. He does a lot of renaissance faires and was showing me pictures of his battle-ready leather armor. It was very cool.

I hope the Crown Pooch is doing well today as well as our poor battered SpamQueen!!!!

On the extremely weird side, one of my coworkers who lives in the same complex that I do, arrived at work this morning all excited because he got to treat his first traumatic gunshot wound to the head :o The bad news is that it was at 0330AM and in the parking lot that both of our buildings are in. The weird part is that on Thursday night, I went out about 3 or 4 AM for a smoke and came back inside because a white car kept circling the parking lot. The guy that got shot told my coworker that the guys who shot him jumped out of a white car. :unsure: If THAT doesn't cure my desire to smoke on my nights off, I don't know what will. :dunno:

On the upside, I put in my vacation request last night and plan to reserve my room today :) Vacation at Winterfell, here I come :D

eta....Feb 2nd is Imbolc. That is usually the day that I purchase and cleanse my candles for the year and light a yellow one in honor of the lengthening days as we begin to leave winter.

Morning everyone, how are you? :)

Space Bandito has returned? Looks like all the old Spammers are coming out of the woodwork, what's next, Harlot and Colder Hands will come back to stay?

Bex, oh well, everyone has off days, your just happen to be extra stressful and frustrating. :p

On the extremely weird side, one of my coworkers who lives in the same complex that I do, arrived at work this morning all excited because he got to treat his first traumatic gunshot wound to the head :o The bad news is that it was at 0330AM and in the parking lot that both of our buildings are in. The weird part is that on Thursday night, I went out about 3 or 4 AM for a smoke and came back inside because a white car kept circling the parking lot. The guy that got shot told my coworker that the guys who shot him jumped out of a white car. :unsure: If THAT doesn't cure my desire to smoke on my nights off, I don't know what will. :dunno:

That is really crazy and also pretty fucking scary.

Good morning everyone :)

Morning everyone!

Made through the shift, although my attempt to run to a client's room when I heard crutches falling was a miserable fail :P He was in bed safe and sound and suggested I might need the crutches more than he did <_<

Actually, he was a lot of fun to talk to. Turns out that he's an ASOIAF fan and wasn't aware of this website, so maybe we'll have a new a guy around soon. He does a lot of renaissance faires and was showing me pictures of his battle-ready leather armor. It was very cool.

I hope the Crown Pooch is doing well today as well as our poor battered SpamQueen!!!!

On the upside, I put in my vacation request last night and plan to reserve my room today :) Vacation at Winterfell, here I come :D

eta....Feb 2nd is Imbolc. That is usually the day that I purchase and cleanse my candles for the year and light a yellow one in honor of the lengthening days as we begin to leave winter.

That is very scary!

I do a cleansing of the house and self and the yellow candles on Imbloc too :) We should have a witchy party sometime :D

eta: and I need a cooler room for working out. It was soooo hot in here this morning.

Archived