Watch the New Game of Thrones Trailer

Westeros

Jamie looks...energetic. Enigmatic or something. I think he is really going to steal the show this season. Just wishful thinking but I hope we'll finally get that line, "I dreamed of you" out of him.

Oh yes, he could still say it. They still haven't talked about what happened between them at the bearpit. You were well away, why come back? I dreamed of you. They know we want to hear the words. Four words...

Not to mention the fact that D&D can completely fabricate new storylines as they've done in the past.

No, not really. Sansa and Bran are not in a position where their stories can have a bunch of padding added to them. Very little happens to them in the span, nor can happen.

The series is projected to be 8 seasons. They are not going to be doing the last two books in two seasons. And padding out a bunch of already-slim plots to last an extra year when they could barely go one year will kill even more momentum.

Oh yes, he could still say it. They still haven't talked about what happened between them at the bearpit. You were well away, why come back? I dreamed of you. They know we want to hear the words. Four words...

That is what I am hoping for. We didn't see them at all after The Bear and the Maiden Fair. I know there is a lot they are keeping out of the trailer on purpose but I am so tired of waiting. 3 1/2 months more.

Really don't understand why everyone is up in arms about the Davos/Stanis shot.

If the "It's tempting to see evil in your enemies ..." line implied anything to me, it was that it was suggesting the viewers might need to rexamine their view of Stanis's campaign after this season. The line is also spoken over a shot of Tyrion, and depending on whose side you support, Tyrion can just as easily be considered a villain. This show/series isn't so cut and dry though, as we all know and love so well.

A couple of other reactions:

- Lots of book readers reacting to the Dany line, suggesting the show is finally showing her petulent/cray-cray side. I can tell you that the unsullied viewers I've talked to were very psyched by tha line. They definitely have the opposite reaction.

- LOVE the Red Viper. It seems to me that the reaction has been largely positive following the trailer now that we can actually hear him talk. :D

- Still have to get used to Jamie's hair. I didn't even realize he was the one talking to Joffery the first couple of viewings.

- I want MOAR Starks, specifically Sansa and Bran, though I understand the reason they can't show too much of them.

Regarding Rast: I'm guessing the baby belongs to one of Craster's other wives, and for whatever reason he has taken up the mantle in order to keep the white walkers at bay?

Completely agree. It's funny how the Unsullied love what Dany said, but that we as book readers see that there's more to it and that Dany isn't the flawless Mother figure that they think she is.

Same with the "good and evil" shot with Stannis and Davos and Tyrion. Unsullied will say "Tyrion good, Stannis and Davos bad" but we know better than that. I actually think D&D were throwing us bookreaders a bone/brownie points for catching that. Lots of subtle nuances in that trailer that could be interpreted multiple ways; I imagine the show-only fans would think that Dany is heading to Westeros with the dragon shadows over the Red Keep, Lol! But I actually think it could be interpreted as Faegon coming next season/the dragons (Faegon) returning.

Definitely want more Sansa and Bran scenes as well; I think Bran's would reveal too much (Bloodraven), same with showing Sansa post Purple Wedding (Sansa escaping with Littlefinger would be a big plot reveal).

Jaime and Oberyn stole the scenes for me in the trailer; I love Nikolaj's portrayal of Jaime and I have a feeling that Pedro will be amazing as well.

Completely agree. It's funny how the Unsullied love what Dany said, but that we as book readers see that there's more to it and that Dany isn't the flawless Mother figure that they think she is.

Same with the "good and evil" shot with Stannis and Davos and Tyrion. Unsullied will say "Tyrion good, Stannis and Davos bad" but we know better than that. I actually think D&D were throwing us bookreaders a bone/brownie points for catching that.

I agree.

Looks like very little for the Jaime/Brienne shippers. Surely if there was any J/B interaction they would've shown it over J/C interaction (J/B being 100x more popular).

There isn't anything. I am holding on (in sheer desperation) hoping that it is just unseen as of yet. No Daario at all, hoping for him too. It was a rather short trailer. Regardless, it is going t be one bada** season.

Just to point it out, since no one else has:

Bald headed Thenns with Ygritte south of the Wall.

And with Tormund too. But the guy one of Stannis's riders takes out is bald too. So not sure what that means for if Tormund is south or north of the Wall.

I think one will be with Styr too.

So what you guys are saying is that there will only be 1 season to address essentially two books totaling over 1700 pages of material (I know they are bringing some threads forward into this season but not many from what we've seen)?

You are simply wrong, there will be two more seasons after this before they actually need the Winds of Winter.

You seem to forget as I've stated before, that there are many "new" plots that have to be introduced along with the futures of some of current characters that still have a lot to do

SPOILERS!!

Eg.

Martells

Greyjoys (including Vics journey)

Young Griff (including the landing)

Tyrions journey

Stannis in the North

Arya oversease

Brienne on her search (which I suspect we will see her set off towards the end of this season)

Danny & friends in Meeren (and Danny's departure.)

Frog Prince

None of these or a very few will be covered or at least touched on this season. Do you really think they can fit all those into a 10 episode season 5? I think not.

I'm not saying they're going to cover EVERYTHING before WOWS, I'm saying they will have to go into one or two character's future storylines, or come up with convoluted ways to keep them stalled, like someone suggested. For instance, I could see Harry the Heir being introduced in the show before we meet him book 6

Looks like very little for the Jaime/Brienne shippers. Surely if there was any J/B interaction they would've shown it over J/C interaction (J/B being 100x more popular).

I just want to see their book story. They will have a good Oathkeeper scene. Don't want to spoil everything.

If they wanted to make lots of other fans happy, they'd have Sansa remember Sandor, too.

There isn't anything. I am holding on (in sheer desperation) hoping that it is just unseen as of yet. No Daario at all, hoping for him too. It was a rather short trailer. Regardless, it is going t be one bada** season.

Daario, I want to see that, too. I liked the old one a lot. I want to see if I can like the new one or not.

Here's an idea about Tormund. Maybe they have him in the battle at the Wall, but then he either retreats back to Mance's camp or he gets captured. Then, come season 5, Jon sends Tormund himself out North of the Wall to rally the wildlings and convince them to come south. It's not exactly what I want, but it's possible.

I'm sure the season will still showcase J/B interaction, but it isn't necessary for the trailer.

J/C is important because it illustrates how different things are/have become over 3 seasons, how Jaime arrives home and sees that everything has changed, including himself.

I think there's plenty of opportunity to pad both Sansa and Bran's storylines.

There's room for development where the Lords of the Vale are concerned, and they can use Bran to provide a little background and exposition in regards to Robert's rebellion.

OR ...

We could just get twenty minutes of Bran like we did last season. Who knows? I'm just saying there's a possibility.

Tywin and Arya never interacted in the books and yet their scenes were fantastic in season 2. It's very much in the realm of possibility for something similar to happen.

So much awesome, I don't even know where to start!

I have to say though, I really like the inclusion of a conversation between Jaime and Joff. I know Jaime arriving after the wedding has it's impact in the book (his first encounter with Cersei, criticising the the KG), but I'm actually looking forward to this.

Archived