Watch the New Game of Thrones Trailer

Westeros

-Glad Dany seems to be headed towards the character she is in the books. Makes her a much more interesting character.

-lol at the "There's good and evil on both sides" line while showing Davos and Stannis. He's a grey character, not a villain. Leaves me thinking that they'll keep portraying him poorly, but I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

-Looking foward to Oberyn's fight, but I'll admit that the flip bothers me.

-Sansa's storyline is the one I'm most excited for though. Love the Eyrie.

The only thing I'm truly not looking forward to is Yara's(Asha) attack on the Dreadfort.

The trailer gets better every time i watch it it's amazing.

Random thoughts...

1. Oberyn looks and sounds SO SEXY i can't.

2. Jon is just badass

3. I love how it says 'what do we do to our enemies' and then the songs goes 'leave them to die' and it shows Arya and what she's gonna do to the Hound.. nice.

4. Nice touch on crows eating the carcass (feast for crows)

5. The champion of Mereen vs new Daario fight looks gorgeous

6. Is the dragon shadow over KL? If so...why..?

7. I agree, why does Theon look so normal. His eyes look like he's been through hell but I was expecting him more Reekified

I'm hoping that all the Theon scenes are in some way Reek dreaming about the life that was, not fully letting go of who he is/was until he's forced to snap.
So when we first see him he's Theon, but then he wakes up and he's really Reek. Otherwise when is he going to 'decay'??

im kind of worried about castle black. why is ser alliser being awsome (maybe). i dont want to root for him. his assholeness evoked so many angry feels from me in the books. i guess if he has most of a season to warm up to jon, that could work out, but...

Normally I'm very against book deviations, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a badass Alliser Thorne. I just hope (and I feel this is very likely) they keep Janos Slynt the same. "Edd, fetch me a block," has got to be one of my most anticipated scenes.

To the poster that said 2017 for TWOW

ADWD and AFFC isnt stretching till 2017 and you know it. We already have hints of ADWD/AFFC Season 4 showing up this season in regards to Brienne, Dany, Theon, and Bran. Well just have 13 Jon chapters, 11 Tyrion chapters and 6 or so Dany chapters to cover next season? Likely Jon is the only character that has a season worth keeping all of his story intact, Tyrion's will be cut alot and most would just be Pentos, Aegon, Jorah and Penny, Dany will be done by episode 8, and most every other character. The climax of 5 will likely be TWOW material, being the battle of Mereen.

George has until 2015 to release TWOW or his story that he wants to release before the show will be in jeopardy of being reaveled, something he wants to do first in the books rightly so, but hes the one that allowed the show to be created and told David and Dan the endings, they will defintely start to spoil stuff pretty soon...

im kind of worried about castle black. why is ser alliser being awsome (maybe). i dont want to root for him. his assholeness evoked so many angry feels from me in the books. i guess if he has most of a season to warm up to jon, that could work out, but...

Haha, he is very awesome in the trailer. Likeable, even.

I'm really hoping that first line was by Kevan. I love that dude, and hope he isn't gone from the show.

I also noticed that Cersei is wearing black in that scene where she tells at Tywin. The black of mourning...? If so, I'm definitely sure she's talking about Tommen.

Alliser Thorne is still an officer of the Nights Watch, why would he not defend the Wall against a Wildling attack?

Ha, even the people who think the Jon/Dany/Tyrion plots should be stretched out over two seasons admit that the rest of the cast will finish their book 4/5 material by the time season 5 is over. There's no way Sansa, Arya, Bran, Davos, Jaime, Brienne, etc. have two full seasons of story. Bran doesn't even have one.

If you've read the books, you'd know that there is the huge addition of the Greyjoy, Martell storylines. Also the Meereneese knot will be a big focus in 5 & 6. Also there is still the Stannis in the North storyline and the Young Griff chapters. There will definitely be enough materiel for another 2 seasons before the WoW should be released.

So for all the people doubting they have enough "exciting" material for another 2 seasons, read the books again and refresh your memories.

Nobody else noticed that it was a giant in the tunnel under the wall at 0:50 yet? I'm positive now after reviewing it several times, it's in the same sequence of Ser Alliser and Jon at the wall, and it's absolutely the framework of the tunnel just under the giants head. It must be the giant trying to crash through the iron gates inside the tunnel that we see when he hits that metal framework in the trailer. I can't wait to see this fight, I'm betting it's Ser Alliser vs the Giant in the tunnel.

Also, it flicked by so quickly I almost missed the Arya/Hound fight in the Inn. This is was I'm most looking forward to. At the end of last season when Arya and the Hound killed the Frey troops, there was a frenzied standing ovation of about 30 people in the place where I was watching it, it fired people up that much.

Archived