Craziest theory you've ever seen/heard/read

Jon Snow is Wylla's son (ouuu yes)

Oh this reminds me of a friend from school just this past week. She's read all five books but I didn't know how well she was versed in the theories, so I began to hint around to R+L=J and eventually had to just blatantly state it. She kind of got annoyed, said all fan theories are worthless sicne they're not the books... and bless her innocent heart, she said "and Ned said who his mother was to the King. Wylla or something like that."

Oh honey... x infinity.

Oh this reminds me of a friend from school just this past week. She's read all five books but I didn't know how well she was versed in the theories, so I began to hint around to R+L=J and eventually had to just blatantly state it. She kind of got annoyed, said all fan theories are worthless sicne they're not the books... and bless her innocent heart, she said "and Ned said who his mother was to the King. Wylla or something like that."

Oh honey... x infinity.

This is just adorable.

In terms of joke theories, Daario = Benjen, Euron = Dusky Woman, and Varys = Merling take the top 3 spots. Those are simply classics.

As for serious theories that got a lot of supporters? A dragon slept beneath Winterfell and was released by the Bolton sack. By virtue of how many people subscribe to that one, it's a crazier situation than the three I mentioned in combination.

EDIT: I also forgot about the one where Robb actually lives on inside Grey Wind, who somehow survived the Red Wedding and is out there somewhere. That one is pretty crazy.

I wonder, should obvious trolls (like MaesterHodor's, The Black Hawk's, or NedFlanderStark's works) compete in the same category as theories their authors actually believe in? But it's like apples and oranges.

My vote: Cersei is Gendry's mother. Proof? She was blonde, and Cersei's blonde; Socrates is a man, all men are mortal, therefore all men are Socrates.

The most ridiculous ones I've heard are:

Varys is actually two children standing on each other's shoulders.

Varys is a Muppet Man? But that's adorable! First time I hear about this one, though.

I wonder, should obvious trolls (like MaesterHodor's, The Black Hawk's, or NedFlanderStark's works) compete in the same category as theories their authors actually believe in? But it's like apples and oranges.

My vote: Cersei is Gendry's mother. Proof? She was blonde, and Cersei's blonde; Socrates is a man, all men are mortal, therefore all men are Socrates.

Varys is a Muppet Man? But that's adorable! First time I hear about this one, though.

sure, why not? Seeing that someone apparently believes something this absurd makes for increased hilarity compared to troll threads.

That since Jaime and Cersei were identical twins with 100% matching DNA, than there offspring would also be twins. Therefore, it was not Joff that died at the PW, but his twin and Cersei has the real Joff hidden somewhere.

That Theon and Cat were having an affair and Bran and Rickken are his

That ancient Targs physically mated with dragons, which is why they are special.

Archived