Small Questions v 10026

Stubby

The Princess and the Queen. Do you have the graphic Dunk & Egg stories or the original novellas?

I have the novellas from the Legends I & II compilation. Are the graphic novels any different?

Oh and there are a few chapters from The Winds of Winter out there...

I have read some of the chapters from TWoW from the sub-forum. Are all the chapters available found there?

Is Bran's new weirwood throne ever described as a bed?

The singers made Bran a throne of his own, like the one Lord Brynden sat, white weirwood flecked with red, dead branches woven through living roots. They placed it in the great cavern by the abyss, where the black air echoed to the sound of running water far below. Of soft grey moss they made his seat. Once he had been lowered into place, they covered him with warm furs.

There he sat, listening to the hoarse whispers of his teacher.

I have the novellas from the Legends I & II compilation. Are the graphic novels any different?

I have read some of the chapters from TWoW from the sub-forum. Are all the chapters available found there?

Discussion on the released chapters and summaries of the read chapters can indeed be found there.

Check the site of GRRM: www.georgerrmartin.com Go to Books -> Book samples -> Winds of Winter Sample for the latest (yesterday released) chapter [spoiler deleted]

On the wiki of asoiaf you can find links to [spoilers deleted].

If you look around on the internet, [spoiler deleted] has been posted there several times. I don't doubt that Barristan I can be found there as well.

Thanks. I asked about Bran's weirwood chair because I just reread this line for the umpteenth time...

No one mocked him in his bedchamber, but he would not live his life in bed. --from the Bran chapter in which the banners marshal at Winterfell.

You have the best versions of D&E. I've heard the graphic novels are very close though. The Mystery Knight is in Warriors and TP&TQ is in Dangerous Women, both of which are required reading :)

Are all of the Greatjon's "sons and brothers" dead?

I don't believe we actually know this. He's mentioned to have sons and brothers with him when Robb calls the banners, but the only name we are given is that of the Smalljon, who died at the Red Wedding. Hothor and Mors are the Greatjons uncles, and they are both still alive.

I guess that the Greatjon's other sons are either in scattered forces in the Riverlands, or were also killed during the Red Wedding, since Hothor and Mors are still the castellans for Last Hearth. If one of them had returned, I guess they would have come to the wedding of "Arya" and Ramsay, but only Hothor and Mors are mentioned to be there.

I don't believe we actually know this. He's mentioned to have sons and brothers with him when Robb calls the banners, but the only name we are given is that of the Smalljon, who died at the Red Wedding. Hothor and Mors are the Greatjons uncles, and they are both still alive.

I guess that the Greatjon's other sons are either in scattered forces in the Riverlands, or were also killed during the Red Wedding, since Hothor and Mors are still the castellans for Last Hearth. If one of them had returned, I guess they would have come to the wedding of "Arya" and Ramsay, but only Hothor and Mors are mentioned to be there.

I think they must still be alive. Doesn't Jon mention them when Stannis considers why the Umbers are reluctant because the Greatjon is captive, and Jon mentions their claim is better than Mors and Hother?

I think they must still be alive. Doesn't Jon mention them when Stannis considers why the Umbers are reluctant because the Greatjon is captive, and Jon mentions their claim is better than Mors and Hother?

I don't know. Does he?

Either they are still alive, or the news of their death's has not yet spread:

“A fine plan if what you want is every hand in the north raised against you. Half is more than none. The Umbers have no love for the Boltons. If Whoresbane has joined the Bastard, it can only be because the Lannisters hold the Greatjon captive.”

“That is his pretext, not his reason,” declared Ser Godry. “If the nephew dies in chains, these uncles can claim his lands and lordship for themselves.”

“The Greatjon has sons and daughters both. In the north the children of a man’s body still come before his uncles, ser.”

I don't know. Does he?

He mention other sons and daughters, its not clear where they are, I kind of got the impression that they were at the Last Hearth. They are mentioned in the chapter after the wrong way Rangers return from the Last Hearth and Jon advises Stannis to raise the clans and march on Deepwood Motte. Never mind Rhaeneys beat me to the punch.

Is the "Black Pearl" moniker for the Braavosi courtesans bearing that name a reference to the Pirates of the Caribbean series?

Seems rather anti Martin, black pearl as a person or item has been around or a long time in books, or perhaps some mythology around black pearls. Who knows. She wasn't even the original Black pearl, just some knock off.

Archived