the better swordsman who is better, aegon,jon,robb joffrey and loras and gendry

raegal_targaryen

Joffrey could go mad with rage and fight viciously or he could crumble and start crying. Gendry is fairly intimidating. The only reason I'd give this fight to Joff is a sword was specified

I'm not so sure about Loras' dominance. He's very good at jousting, but isn't his actual sword fighting meant to be less exemplary? I mean Garlan is supposed to be a far better swordsman, but no one really seems to remark about how utterly amazing he is.

I'm not so sure about Loras' dominance. He's very good at jousting, but isn't his actual sword fighting meant to be less exemplary? I mean Garlan is supposed to be a far better swordsman, but no one really seems to remark about how utterly amazing he is.

Yes, he is far above the others here. GRRM has placed him in the same tier as the Cleganes.

Loras is one of the best swordsman we've seen alive in the series.

Garlan is a better swordsman, yes, while Loras is a stronger lance. But that doesn't mean Garlan is a lot better.

Regardless, Garlan is probably the best living swordsman in Westeros right now.

He's not famous because he's not a glory seeker.

Both are amongst the best swordsman though.

Let's not kid ourselves, the likes of Victarion, Jon Snow, or whoever else people like to overrate aren't as good as those two brothers.

Loras

Jon

Robb

Aegon

Gendry

Joffrey

I think Jon would beat Loras for the simple fact that Loras is impatient and reckless and quick to anger.All Jon would need to do is insult Renly and he would likely go into a rage.

The last time he went into a rage he cut down two Kingsguard, so that would not give Jon an advantage.

*sigh* No, not "far better". Loras said he was better, that's all. Garlan is a boss, taking on multiple foes at once and Loras was beating the crap out of Brienne before she overpowered him with sheer strength.

• 7 months later...

Loras is No. one in the under 18s category, without a doubt. Certainly not the greatest swordsman, but still excellent.

Jon is an experienced fighter, he regularly murks (forgive the crappy internet slang) his fellow night's watchmen, he mentions being a better sword than Robb, with Longclaw he might be Loras' equal, though if they had fair weaponry Loras would definitely win.

Aegon was seen beating Duck (though it was quite close as I recall), Duck was considered a worthy master-at-arms for him by JonCon, and is described later on as "average" when it comes to wearing the white cloak.

Robb would likely have the most battle experience of anyone on here, was certainly formidable, though we never seen him described in combat (maybe he was against Osha's gang in book 1).

Gendry is completely untrained, he is tall and strong, and Ned thinks he would be a good warrior, so he might be pretty decent. He performs O.K. when we see him.

Joffrey is tall and strong for his age, and might have had good training (though we never hear of him practising except against Robb). But he was cowardly and wimpish, making him the worst you listed.

This

1. Loras- Trained in the land of chivalry and took part in tourneys, a training ground for knights, and has fought against knights of renown. A warrior the realm knows for skill.

Robb- Trained by Ser Rodrik, a veteran northman who most likely fought in every war in current memory. Robb fought in a great many battles, but all won by strategy.

Jon- Same as Robb, but has rarely fought any real warriors, mostly technic less recruits and wildlings.

Aegon- trained by a veteran knight who served in a lords garrison and was seasoned in the disputed lands. Aegon has one battle successful against knights and men at arms.

Joffrey- no battle experience but has known weapons and number of weapons masters to train him.

Genddry- No battle experience, a mere forger.

Putting Joffrey higher than Gendry, and actually anywhere but the bottom is laughable.

Considering a 13 year old Joffrey gave Robb a good fight in the yard, I assume all these calls about cowardice are jaded by POV and hatred. He was about to kill Arya before a direwolf nearly ripped his arm off, that's like saying Jon Snow could beat Qhorin Halfhand in a fight because Ghost tore his leg off from behind.

The show isn't the book. Joffrey wasn't brave, but he did want to be in the Battle of Kingslanding and was forced to leave.

People forget he's 13, Jon and Robb are 16 and men grown in this world, he's basically the age of a page/talented squire.

Loras

Jon

Robb

Aegon

Joff

Gendry

It's not really fair considering one of the combatants has barely hit puberty...

who would u rate as the most talented swords man outta this guys loras, robb,jon,aegon,and joffrey.

Loras

Jon

Robb

Aegon

Gendry

Joffrey

Loras may be better with a lance than sword, but probably still damn good with a sword.

Jon and Robb next - Jon slightly better then Robb, according to the text. Above average? Yes. Real combat experience? Yes. Top tier? No.

With fAegon, Conington's probably a good teacher, but we cannot know skilled he really is, since we've seen nothing but him sparring with Duck.

Gendry ... Fierce and strong, maybe as a blacksmith he's had only minimal training. However, as a BWB member, Beric and Thoros have probably shown him a thing or two, and he's gained some experience.

Joffrey at the bottom - even if he had good instructors, he's proven himself craven. I doubt he could have won a real fight against Lancel, much less anyone else on this list.

Loras obviously is first, he belongs to the creme de la creme of Westeros.

Jon second. He was slightly better at the start, and since then he has had a lost of nasty 1on1s.

Robb or Aegon. Robb usually didnt fight himself in the battles, he was the commander, and a very good one. Tywin reflects about how he never did get Robb because he was so cautious with his battle formations that noone could get to him. Agon is unknown, but i dont give the unexperienced guy enough credit to mess up Jon or even Loras.

Joffrey is a newb.

Gendry's the wildcard.he's easily the biggest and strongest of the group. While many argue that he'd had no training, he probably had rudimentary training in swordplay as an apprentice to Tobho Mott. Tobho did high-end custom work. Gendry would have learned how to fit a sword to the customer. That would have involved learning the different cuts and learning the customer's fighting style, e.g. he wouldn't have made Jaime the same blade as Sandor.

Since he joined the BWB he's probably had more training.

If it's just swords, I'd say:

1/2) Jon/Robb

3) Loras (a better lance than sword, but probably pretty good)

4/5/6) a toss-up, although I see Joffrey at the bottom.

Gendry also knows the strengths and weaknesses of armor. That might help him against his opponents.

If we were to give Gendry his proper weapon - a big, spiked warhammer, I think Gendry could smash them all.

Loras is probably the best - he's meant to be one of the best knights in Westeros etc. That being said, I think Jon could give him a run for his money now, especially with Longclaw. He's been training a lot and has battle experience. He gets trashed by Mance, but I think Mance is one of the very best there is. Jon has always been the better sword between him and Robb, and I think he's got better.

Robb is next. He's had a lot of training and battle experience and could probably hold his own easily.

Aegon has been trained at arms, but he only sparrs with Duck, who doesn't come across as a master swordsman. He also seems to have an overblown perception of his abilities, which might prove his undoing.

Joffrey doesn't like equal fights, but he's had training at arms and held his own against Robb. He doesn't seem to do much practicing, however.

Gendry is tall and very strong, but his training is very limited. Swordsmanship requires a level of skill and expertise, as we can clearly see from the NW training. Before he can get some practice under his belt he would be at a disadvantage with a sword. Now with a warhammer...

1.Loras- Much better than the rest.

2.Robb-Fought against the chivlary of the south and trained with one of winterfell's best swordsmen.

3.Jon-Trained by one ofewinterfell's best swordsmen, dosen't have much experience with good opponents though.

2-4.Aegon- We don't know much about him, but we do know he trained with a knight, and he might have inherited his father's skill.

5.Joff- He isn't a bad fighter and he is the son of Jamie, but he is a craven.

6. Gendry- The only time he swung a sword was to test his bull helmet, he is untrained but strong.

Archived