The 100 - someone had to start this thread

denstorebog

@Underfoot, I am the opposite OP of the season. The further it went the weirder, and more outlandish it got. Best point, her mother kept telling her that she needed to do the right things/ right way, but at the end it last ep she says there isn't a right thing???? If they had taken the base control unit, why couldn't they have play the whole release my people or else to everyone? Just saying.

I think her mom had a sort of aha! moment, when she equated what she did in turning in Clarke's dad to what Clarke did in allowing the missile to strike the camp. I think that realization sort of put everything in a different perspective. IMO.

It maybe would have been better for Clarke and Bellamy to make a public ultimatum to all of the residents of Mt Weather, especially when they found out that they would be able to irradiate the entire dam, but the decision to irradiate had to be made quickly (from Clarke/Bellamy's point of view) because Clarke's Mom and Octavia were both in major danger at that point. If those two hadn't been in danger, they might have worked out a way to save the members of the Ark without killing everyone in the dam

Yeah, that's what I liked about the episode : at plenty moments, other choices would have been better, but it was the entire 45 minutes a question of timing and speed. No time to breathe, no time to think, no time to plan. And I found that constant tension amazingly rendered.

Yeah, that's what I liked about the episode : at plenty moments, other choices would have been better, but it was the entire 45 minutes a question of timing and speed. No time to breathe, no time to think, no time to plan. And I found that constant tension amazingly rendered.

Yeah, agreed. I was on the edge of my seat the whole episode!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw the whole ep. Strong entry for sure. Puzzled by the very end, though. What the hell is Clarke thinking? OK, she feels guilty. I get it. But walking off like that? Does she plan finding a cave and living on nuts and berries? Will she seek out the Grounders/Commander? She just seems to have no endgame in her head.

Finn seems to be crashing in the home of the guy who allowed his computer to nuke the planet? (Oh, Matthew Broderick... Where were you when we needed you?!) And the whole Jaha/Avatar/nuke that fell from space but is all okie dokie for more radioactive fun is just wacky. Hope the show doesn't twist off the rails next season.

Finally saw the whole ep. Strong entry for sure. Puzzled by the very end, though. What the hell is Clarke thinking? OK, she feels guilty. I get it. But walking off like that? Does she plan finding a cave and living on nuts and berries? Will she seek out the Grounders/Commander? She just seems to have no endgame in her head.

Finn seems to be crashing in the home of the guy who allowed his computer to nuke the planet? (Oh, Matthew Broderick... Where were you when we needed you?!) And the whole Jaha/Avatar/nuke that fell from space but is all okie dokie for more radioactive fun is just wacky. Hope the show doesn't twist off the rails next season.

I think you mean Murphy. Finn's dead.

As for Clarke, I understand the choice to be alone for a while. Yeah maybe it's a mistake but it's a coherent psychological move and I think in her position I'd do the same and rather be alone than with all the people I commited atrocious crimes to save.

I think you mean Murphy. Finn's dead.

As for Clarke, I understand the choice to be alone for a while. Yeah maybe it's a mistake but it's a coherent psychological move and I think in her position I'd do the same and rather be alone than with all the people I commited atrocious crimes to save.

Oops! Yes, I meant, of course, Murphy. :blush:

Still think Clarke's decision is bizarre. Couldn't she have just withdrawn in the camp and sequestered herself in her room or something until she got her head together or maybe thought out the future a bit? Walking out into the wilderness, unarmed and without any supplies or equipment no less, is insane. And Bellamy shoulda done more to disuade her. Or at least, ya know, shouted out "Hey, guys! The gal who saved all your asses is thinking of leaving and becoming a hermit..."

I guess she can take up residence in the fallout shelter that they had found.

And Bellamy shoulda done more to disuade her. Or at least, ya know, shouted out "Hey, guys! The gal who saved all your asses is thinking of leaving and becoming a hermit..."

I agree with that !

She needed some approbation (even if it could be a lie for some) from her people. And by the way, I think Bellamy should feel the weight of what happened as well, after all, they pushed the lever together. I wonder how he'll deal with it.

Frankly, I don't get all the angst. Yes, there were, I suppose, Mountain people who had no idea what was going on and some who even helped end the process. But, at that point, there was no other option for Clarke and Bellamy. Mass killing? Yes. But they were the enemy who was about to off all of Clarke and Bellamy's people. And she gave the Mountain people an out. Let them go and we'll walk away. And Marcus gave them an out ("We'll donate...! You don't have to do this!") I don't really get it. I'd have pushed the lever, too and have been happy it was all over with.

The only thing she could have done otherwise is pirate the radios to air her ultimatum at every level, so everyone would have had a choice to act, but she had to act quickly cause it was her mother on the table. Yeah some could see it as easy writing but for me, it's more like a nice emotional twist, something the show manages very well imo !

I hadn't watched this show thinking it was some stupid teenage drama in a post apocalyptic world. Then I've stumbled into an io9 review claiming the show had turned great, and decided to give it a go. I loved it. It has its weak spots (all the young women are beautiful, men don't grow beards no matter what, injuries can let a character bloodied for several episodes but don't leave scars, redshirts are too obvious at times), but, overall, this show is rather good.

And while sci-fi typically "bend" science in favor of narrative, I don't think this show is as illogical and non-scientific as it's make to look. The way the show presents radiation isn't realistically and they should have dropped an unmanned drone with a geiger counter instead of the 100, but even dropping the 100 make sense in their perspective: first, they needed to reduce the Ark's population. Second, that meant they were probably going to float every juvenile convict once they've turned 18, which meant Clarke (aka, a councilwoman's daughter) was likely to die if her mother didn't find an alternative (they killed her husband, why would they let Clarke, who also knew the truth, free?). Third, it was an improvised effort made in as much secret as possible - it should not be thought as a perfect, long planned idea.

As for Octavia's social skills, Clarke was mentioned as the one confined in solitary. Which means all the other prisoners were probably interacting with each other - Octavia was able to meet other people once she was thrown in jail.

Frankly, I don't get all the angst. Yes, there were, I suppose, Mountain people who had no idea what was going on and some who even helped end the process. But, at that point, there was no other option for Clarke and Bellamy. Mass killing? Yes. But they were the enemy who was about to off all of Clarke and Bellamy's people. And she gave the Mountain people an out. Let them go and we'll walk away. And Marcus gave them an out ("We'll donate...! You don't have to do this!") I don't really get it. I'd have pushed the lever, too and have been happy it was all over with.

Logically, it makes sense. But how does an 18 years old girl deal with painfully killing dozens of children)?

• 2 weeks later...

I do get the angst it's realistic to feel guilt. Also just like you I think they did the best they could. The options were very limited and there was no time. One character that was ok in the beginning but started to annoy me like crazy is now Jaha. Hey Messiah,your city of light is total bs!!!

• 4 months later...

I have been binge watching this show this week, and although I enjoy it, there are things that are very frustrating about it. It seems that a lot of the plot is poorly executed, and characters quite often act very differently than they have been set up to do. Overall, It is a good little series to binge, but it is frustrating because it has the potential to be great.

One serious issue I have is people defending Flin after he massacred the grounders. A second is the general acceptance of Murphy in season two after his actions in season one. Finally, The whole blood transfusion/bone marrow transplant plot of the Mountain People is not credible at all given any thought whatsoever, 

Edited to say that I was halfway through the mid season finale when I wrote this, and the payout on Flin was worth the muddled plot. When this show is good, it is great.

• 5 months later...

Yeah, great start to the season.

I mean, as Tiger said above, nothing particuarly awesome, but the setup is definitly here for some kick-ass stuff later down ! Looking foward to see all that come into play.

And I'm really curious about that City of Light arc ! If done properly, it can be one hell of a story !

City of Light storyline >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ice Clan (or whatever they're called)

Seriously?  Another super powerful clan shows up just as we need another antagonist?  Lame.  It feels like they ran out of ideas so they're just giving us more of the same.  I like the addition of Zach McGowan though.

Archived