[spoilers] Nitpicking with impunity

- Jaime the rapist.

- What Oberyn is bi ? Glad they pointed that out, I hadn't caught it the last 102555 times.

- It's a bit odd that Margaery is so clueless about the PW.

- The Gilly/Sam bit was sweet, but took too much screentime. Also, how is this place safer than Castle Black ?

- Littlefinger's having a sore throat again.

- the Hound being inconsistent and OOC (though not much compared to a certain Lannister).

Dario is the commander of the 'second sons' , a mercenary company of 2000 CAVALRY ( a good % of Dany's army at this point )

But, 'horses are dumb', and he 'doesn't command any troops'.

Yeah.. D&D logic.

Yeah well that's hardly the worst thing they've done in this episode, is it ? Get your shit together, guys !

And since you're mentionning the horse, it made me really mad at Daario : you just don't get to insult horses and kill them, and get away with it. There will be payback ! And your hair's not even blue !

A minor gritch.

Preview trailer for Season 4 episode 4.

On the wall at Meereen, KILL THE MASTERS is written in English.

We have seen some written Valyrian.

Would not bother me at all if that had of been written in HV with an English subtitle.

Ah ha and hahaha. Very good catch. What is up with the English, errrrrr Common Tongue, writing on the walls of Mereen?

Aiden Gillen's shitty Littlefinger voice! I'm sick of it to the point where I actually want him recast now. It's so fake and stupid. I've been hoping forever that he'd go back to his regular voice from season one but now I realize that's never going to happen. What a horrible actor this guy has proven to be.

Either recast him at this point, or make him a mute wearing a sign that says: Yes, I'm one shifty, creepy dude.

I'm all for the actor going a bit more subtle again, but I'm past hope of that, honestly.

Didn't like the Jaime rape thing and the Sam/Gilly scenes were boring.

<snip>

I think they're free to change the Targaryen history as much as they like, it's and adaption after all. Didn't they already cut Jaehaerys II?

This is a serious problem.

I think you might be overreacting. :)

I think they're free to change the Targaryen history as much as they like, it's and adaption after all. Didn't they already cut Jaehaerys II?

I think you might be overreacting. :)

I agree, lol. I think it's a shame for any show-viewers who might want to learn about Planetos, its houses, and its history without reading the novels (lengthy fantasy novels aren't for everyone), but it's unlikey to impact the narrative of the show by that much.

I agree, lol. I think it's a shame for any show-viewers who might want to learn about Planetos, its houses, and its history without reading the novels (lengthy fantasy novels aren't for everyone), but it's unlikey to impact the narrative of the show by that much.

That's what we readers are for. :P

:stillsick: :tantrum: I agree of course, but that word...ugh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdpG92dsx1A

Compare this to....whatever he's done in this show.

Since this is a nitpick thread, why does he feel the need to clarify "What Mike is saying is that we need to be very careful about how to proceed"? Yeah dude, that was kind of the whole point of the 3 minute conversation we just had...

Similar to how reading the books has ruined certain show characters, I think watching The Wire has ruined Aidan's performance as LF. Those who haven't seen it think he's fine, those who have are like "WTF, we know this guy can act."

:stillsick: :tantrum: I agree of course, but that word...ugh...

I dislike it too, I like alternatives (Grrth or GRRMearth) even less. Mayhaps I should have stuck to Westeros and left it there ;)

Didn't like how Tywin said that no one will leave the city and Sansa & Dontos left the city so easily. I mean they made Tywin look like an absolute fool.

Well, plus it was a daylight. Lol, Golden Cloaks and Lannister soldiers are such noobs.

It's easier to say what I liked than what I didn't like, there was only one scene I liked, Shireen and Davos.

What were they thinking, everyone got darker except Saint Tyrion. Was that a tear in his eye for Pod?

It is getting ridiculous. They significantly cut out charachters out of the show, but they film brothels with lot's of whores. The wrting is getting lazy, it seems like they just go with whatever they come up with without proper thinking about characther arks. Also, budget is big, but HBO is too greedy, because they are making out of this show tonn's of money.

My sentiments exactly. I watched this episode for the second time last night (I always watch it twice because the first time I'm too concerned with the deviations to enjoy it. The second time I can usually check my brain at the door and find some semblance of entertainment.) I think this is one of the worst episodes yet. The writing is appallingly lazy and sloppy and the writers are asking too much of the viewers with regard to suspension of disbelief and gaps in logic. I'm not asking for Vince Gilligan/David Milch/David Simon caliber writing, but JESUS, how hard is it to be consistent with character development and story lines? Jaime a rapist when he starts his redemption arc by saving Brienne from rape (I'm none too pleased they had him murder his own cousin)? The Hound is robbed by the BwB in front of Arya, but Arya can't figure out why he doesn't have any money, which is the entire reason she's with him in the first place. Then the Hound states he has a "moral code", which he immediately violates, as well as the sacred law of Guest Right, and becomes just as bad as the Freys? Sansa easily slipping out of KL (where did she get the cloak and how did Dontos/LF know she would wear the necklace to the wedding)? And, god, do I ever hate Show!Stannis. Why isn't he making his way to the Wall? I gave up trying to convince my Unsullied husband that Stannis is actually an interesting character that I root for. And what's up with the Thenns? The writers are just going for cheap comedic relief and shock value. All very cringe.

Since this is a nitpick thread, why does he feel the need to clarify "What Mike is saying is that we need to be very careful about how to proceed"? Yeah dude, that was kind of the whole point of the 3 minute conversation we just had...

Similar to how reading the books has ruined certain show characters, I think watching The Wire has ruined Aidan's performance as LF. Those who haven't seen it think he's fine, those who have are like "WTF, we know this guy can act."

I've never watched The Wire, and honestly, as far as I can recall, I've never really seen Aidan in anything else, either. His LF was fine in S1, but as of now........he's just becoming more and more of a cringeworthy cartoon character.

Was anyone else supremely disappointed by Daario's fight with the Meereen champion? I mean I knew the scene wasn't going to be anywhere near as entertaining as the book version, but come on. That was probably the most boring fight I've seen on this show. Didn't she say to give them a show? Really short show. Dagger to the horse and behead the guy on the first strike and done. BORING!

That scene made me miss Strong Belwas so much.

I've never watched The Wire, and honestly, as far as I can recall, I've never really seen Aidan in anything else, either. His LF was fine in S1, but as of now........he's just becoming more and more of a cringeworthy cartoon character.

He needs to be slapped. I can't understand how he even came to go from season 1 speaking normally to being allowed a wholesale change into the bat whisper to begin with, why this inclination wasn't stopped before it ran wild, it's SO distracting now.

He needs to be slapped. I can't understand how he even came to go from season 1 speaking normally to being allowed a wholesale change into the bat whisper to begin with, why this inclination wasn't stopped before it ran wild, it's SO distracting now.

I feel the same way about his need for a slap, actually a damn good whack. I can't help but feel as if he's almost intentionally doing a caricature, it seems deliberate. It's deliberate on someone's part, if not his then who? They do use different directors so it's hard to not blame the actor himself.

I feel the same way about his need for a slap, actually a damn good whack. I can't help but feel as if he's almost intentionally doing a caricature, it seems deliberate. It's deliberate on someone's part, if not his then who? They do use different directors so it's hard to not blame the actor himself.

I said a couple times last season that LF seems sometimes like he's acting in a different show...he's in some kind of broad satire or black comedy...where everyone else is playing in a straight drama. It's really strange, especially that it seems to continue to become more and more pronounced, I found myself in his scene with Sansa paying more attention to 'how far will he go with this stupid voice' than I did to what he was saying.

Archived