[Book & Show Spoilers] "First of His Name" Promo

Dany's Silver

My money is that the wedding between Petyr and Lysa will be this next episode, and the Snow Castle scene (aka "Only Cat") will be episode 7. I've been saying that for a while now, so there's nothing new there. Just felt like throwing my two cents in the bucket while I'm here. :cool4:

Side note: LOVE that Sansa has been in every episode this season (so far). Can't wait to see Lysa return. The actress who plays her (Lysa) does "crazy" and "eccentric" like NO OTHER! :pimp: The Moon Door scene between Sophie, Kate and Aiden should be EPIC! I'm incredibly excited. :)

I think - and this is just a guess, no idea what's happening with this story anymore - the Arya and the Hound scene was her showing him her way of sword fighting (Syrio's way) and he's saying his way is better.

Also looks like that's how Hound gets his injury.

Poor unsullied, probably thing Dany is going to try to take KL after this preview.

What's really bugging me is what's happening with Yara and Balon this season, I can't figure it out.

Yara will have her attack on the Dreadfort in E6 and obviously it will fail but what's going to happen to her specifically? If the thinking is that she somehow gets beaten back and just slinks away so she can be back in Pyke later on, then I don't get the point of the deviation. First off, how are you supposed to reconcile her utter determination to save Theon at all costs with then having her say "Oh well, gave it the old college try, guess Theon's screwed now and I'll get on with other stuff..." And, really what would be the point dramatically of making a big point of her going out on this mission to have her show up in one episode, fail, and then go back to where she was? Why not just create stuff for her to do with Balon in Pyke before or when he dies?

I have to think that D&D deciding to send her on this path is because they truly want to alter her path.

It may be a coincidence but Roose definitely made a point of telling Ramsay that Greyjoy heir hostages were essential to his plan of getting the Ironborn out of the North so Ramsay should be suitably motivated to take another Greyjoy hostage if given the chance.

Obviously Moat Cailin is happening late in the season and Theon will be sent to treat with Ralf Kenning there but I wonder if they could use Yara as a negotiating tool there.

And finally, when the hell is Balon dying and are we going to see it? It's really bothering me and part of me wonders if the thing Ran described as a possible spoiler is the reveal of exactly how Balon is killed.

what will happen to yara will be interesting to see, I could see a similar situation to stannis at blackwater were her renaming men pull her away from the battle. this could easily be just like the crasters keep ie a invented storyline to fill time. we shall see.

I worry about the amount of truly interesting content they've got to carry the show until Shae's testimony and Oberyn vs. Gregor. Craster's looks like it will be some fun action filler, but will it be enough?

What's really bugging me is what's happening with Yara and Balon this season, I can't figure it out.

Yara will have her attack on the Dreadfort in E6 and obviously it will fail but what's going to happen to her specifically? If the thinking is that she somehow gets beaten back and just slinks away so she can be back in Pyke later on, then I don't get the point of the deviation. First off, how are you supposed to reconcile her utter determination to save Theon at all costs with then having her say "Oh well, gave it the old college try, guess Theon's screwed now and I'll get on with other stuff..." And, really what would be the point dramatically of making a big point of her going out on this mission to have her show up in one episode, fail, and then go back to where she was? Why not just create stuff for her to do with Balon in Pyke before or when he dies?

I have to think that D&D deciding to send her on this path is because they truly want to alter her path.

It may be a coincidence but Roose definitely made a point of telling Ramsay that Greyjoy heir hostages were essential to his plan of getting the Ironborn out of the North so Ramsay should be suitably motivated to take another Greyjoy hostage if given the chance.

Obviously Moat Cailin is happening late in the season and Theon will be sent to treat with Ralf Kenning there but I wonder if they could use Yara as a negotiating tool there.

And finally, when the hell is Balon dying and are we going to see it? It's really bothering me and part of me wonders if the thing Ran described as a possible spoiler is the reveal of exactly how Balon is killed.

I believe that she will get captured by Stannis when he sails north to the Wall/Braavos, after she fails to rescue Theon and her crew will be likely decimated. It makes economy for next season. So, I don't beleieve we 'll see her at the Kingsmoot.

Well, they still have some interesting stuff ahead before the last three episodes :

- Preparing the defense at the Wall and with Janos Slynt mention of the election coming up, I feel like they will display it in episode 8, realising they really need a LC to organize them during the battle.

- Interractions at the Eyrie (like everyone else, I'm really looking forward to that).

- Some great moments in Tyrion's cell. I wonder who else, apart from Oberyn will visit him ? Tywin ? Bronn ?

- Arya and the Hound getting in more trouble (Hound injury in 8 I guess).

- Reintroduction of the Mountain.

- Tommen's coronation and wedding (we know the coronoation is next episode but is the wedding too ?)

- Trial in episode 6.

- Iron Bank and Stannis sailing.

- I wonder if we'll see Mance before the episode 9 (sight of him in episode 7 or 8 maybe).

There's still a lot of good stuff before the last three episodes that are gonna be fucking fantastic !

Well, they still have some interesting stuff ahead before the last three episodes :

- Preparing the defense at the Wall and with Janos Slynt mention of the election coming up, I feel like they will display it in episode 8, realising they really need a LC to organize them during the battle.

Remember in the trailer 1, when Alister Thorne says " Tonight We Fight" and Locke is behind him, probably is in ep9 as Battle of the Wall, so we can assume that the LC election will be in ep10, but sure their will may be some scheming of Slynt and Thorne of LC before that.

In terms of Asha/Yara I really dont know what is going to go on, we will presume her attack on The Dreadfort will fail, so she could then retreat to Moat Cailin which is a far way, which then makes Ramsay speed up his attack of it, and she then flees MC to Pyke again in time for the KM, or she hears that Balon has died and then leaves MC to Pyke. I guess that are may only ideas but thats only in ep6 most likely

However back to ep5, really interested in Dany's council when she says does she have enough to attack KL, and Jorah's face and the rest saying hell no! Do you think that maybe Dany doesnt ever find out about Jorah, but instead sends him to Volantis to recruit sellswords?

I was half expecting the scene to end with him awkwardly reaching down below under the blankets.

Btw, just how old is Tommen supposed to be in-show? The actor looks like's he's about fifteen, but the last time we saw Tommen on the show he couldn't have been older than ten. Are we supposed to believe the Tommen in the show right now is about 12 or 13? I'm somewhat confused on this matter.

i actually think they kid in the show could pull off 13. he has such an innocent face. and in that scene with marg and him she's clearly older and he's clearly a kid. he might not be a stupid child but he's innocent, easily manipulated and sweet. only thing that matters.

In the books, we still don't know what the WW do with all Craster's baby boys--we can guess, we can speculate, but we don't know. Now, in the show, we know. In the books, we never saw, never even heard of a... WW ruling council, or whatever those 13 dudes at the end were. Now, we've seen them, we know they exist. We know now that there is a hierarchy among the WW--that the tall, bearded WWs on dead horses that we thought were the actual threat, are in fact... generals? Carrying out orders from the WW council and reporting to the WW council.

I think if you browse through this thread, you'll get a better perspective on what new info this last episode actually disclosed:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/108526-spoilers-for-bookshow-well-a-few-theories-just-got-confirmeddebunked/#entry5707145

You're not understanding my point. We have been spoiled, yes, I understand that. Elio said we may get spoiled and I assume that he's come to this conclusion from watching clips. We got about two shots of the WW in trailers snd featurettes so it's unlikely that this is what he was referring to. Think about it. There are hundreds of us and only Elio and (probably also) Linda. How could they see what hundreds of others could not, since he only got a preview of the first three episodes and nothing further?

I disagree. I think they want to flesh her out and tie her to the Moat Cailin story to enrich it by giving us a relevant and familiar Ironborn character there, before she becomes our POV in the Kingsmoot.

She's replacing not fArya, but Victarion. In the books, he left Ralf Kenning in charge once he heard wind of Balon's death. Yara will do the same.

Maybe they'll even have Theon reconsider joining Yara, and part of the impetus for handing over the remaining Ironborn to Ramsay is because Yara left for Pyke without him.

I want to see her sail to Meereen then to claim Dany as her bride. :wideeyed:

That would be quite funny to have Yara sail to Meereen.

I must confess I have absolutely no theory about what they'll do with Yara... failing to attack the Dreadfort and back to the Iron Islands ? Defender of Moat Cailin with Ralf Kenning ? Captured by Stannis on her way north ? ... They can go so many roads and I have no idea which one they'll take ! I just still hope we get an amazing Kingsmoot next season, cause it would be the perfect scene to introduce the Greyjoy uncles and having the familiar face of Yara there would be the best, imo.

^I'm not sure why, in so many places, I have come across this assumption that Bran can just warg into anyone or anything. Hodor is already immensely difficult for him, and only possible because Hodor...

They're not going to make Bran into a comicbook superhero that mindcontrols whatever whenever

That would be quite funny to have Yara sail to Meereen.

I must confess I have absolutely no theory about what they'll do with Yara... failing to attack the Dreadfort and back to the Iron Islands ? Defender of Moat Cailin with Ralf Kenning ? Captured by Stannis on her way north ? ... They can go so many roads and I have no idea which one they'll take ! I just still hope we get an amazing Kingsmoot next season, cause it would be the perfect scene to introduce the Greyjoy uncles and having the familiar face of Yara there would be the best, imo.

I'm just excited that we're finally going to see Asha kick some ass (or at the very least, involved!). She's always been a favourite of mine in the books just behind Jon and Arya, so I'm hoping she does have more of a presence in the show now that we're heading into AFFC/ADWD territory.

I really can't see where they're going with Asha's story arc, but I just hope it doesn't feel too contrived or wasted - and I'm sorta worried she'll become a tortured prisoner. Definitely excited though. I can live with her missing the Kingsmoot if she's going to slay some Bolton men (or a certain woman, for that matter). But seriously; if you rob me of the Theon/Asha reunion outside Winterfell's walls... dark days, indeed!

Archived