[Book & Show Spoilers] "First of His Name" Promo

Dany's Silver

Looks like a lot will be going down in the Eyrie. With Sansa crying and Petyr and Lysa standing by the moon door, I'm kind of worried Only Cat could come a bit quicker than we were expecting.

That's Sansa crying against Lysa's chest, in what looks like the same scene where they sit down and talk. I imagine this'll be Lysa acting like a quasi-decent relation before it becomes clear she's a nut.

Kind of surprised at getting to the Eyrie this quickly. It seemed from reports that Robin isn't appearing until episode 7, so it's a weird choice to not have him there when they get to the Eyrie initially.

There were reports that Aidan Gillen and Sophie Turner filmed in Iceland. I know some were speculating that that meant that Littlefinger and Sansa would be making a stopover at the Fingers, but it looks like the promo put paid to that notion...or else the stopover will be an exceedingly short one.

Looking forward to Lysa's (and the Eyrie's) return.

There were reports that Aidan Gillen and Sophie Turner filmed in Iceland. I know some were speculating that that meant that Littlefinger and Sansa would be making a stopover at the Fingers, but it looks like the promo put paid to that notion...or else the stopover will be an exceedingly short one.

You can see at least one exterior shot there. So it seems like it's just going to be them approaching the Eyrie.

I love that this promo thread was approved so quickly! Last week we had to wait till Thursday. Great episode four and I'm looking forward to this next one all the more.

Ghost killing Rast would be nice, given that Ghost menaced Rast back in ep. 104 (it's nice to have Cogman harkening back to his own episodes).

Looks like they're portraying Dany as being over confident with her victory over the slavers.

The idea of her taking Kings Landing like she took Meereen is nonsense and it looks like the scene will be a "back down to earth moment".

Probably where they point out that she only has 8000 unsullied and 2000 mercenaries. Tywin alone has 60,000.

I REALLY hope the discussion leads to talk of which houses Dany could ally with (obviously relevant for the Dornish story). This could even mean that we finally get the scene where her lack of understanding about her father the mad king and her scewed view of the starks comes into play.

Still, super annoyed by the continuing fan fic with Jorah still being in Meereen. Does nothing for the show and a waste of time. ADWD should be their only focus and not a character whose book material they cut out in its entirity.

My thoughts on the promo:

1) Looks like we'll get lots of Craster's and lots of the Eyrie. I don't think we'll get "Only Cat" just yet and I think Bran and Co. will either escape in the middle of the fighting without having a chance to meet Jon or Locke will try to kill them, making Jon realize that they are as safe north of the wall as they would be south of it.

2) Cersei walking between Margaery and Tommen really has me pumped for the rivalry between her and "the younger queen".

3) Dany talking about going to Westeros - excellent trolling, D&D!

---

Edited to change really weird mix-up of words that made point 1 sound like gibberish. What was I thinking?

3) Dany talking about going to Westeros - excellent trolling, D&D!

They're letting people down slowly. All the while shes talking about Westeros she is staying in Meereen. Its like getting a horse used to you with gentle touches, slowly winning its trust...

The "Only Cat" scene, if it does not happen in the finale, will most likely be in episode 7 or 8. They wouldn't have it as soon as they arrive.

My only concern is that they'll just give away the fact that Lysa poisioned Jon. She says "What wife would do for you what I've done for you?"

I assume she'll be saying this when it's just her and Littlefinger and not in front of anyone, so it'll be like a Varys/Littlefinger conversation, or a Margaery/Olenna one like last episode.

As Colonel Green said, Robin will appear on episode 7, and it seems wrong to have scenes with him without his mother in at least one.

This makes me sound skeptical, but no matter what happens, I'm really looking forward to the Eyrie scenes

Archived