[Book & Show Spoilers] "First of His Name" Promo

Dany's Silver

Looks like they're portraying Dany as being over confident with her victory over the slavers.

The idea of her taking Kings Landing like she took Meereen is nonsense and it looks like the scene will be a "back down to earth moment".

Probably where they point out that she only has 8000 unsullied and 2000 mercenaries. Tywin alone has 60,000.

I agree. I like how they are going to touch on the subject of her returning to Westeros. Viewers think that it's a matter of time before she lands on King's Landing, so it really helps if the show makes it crystal clear how difficult that is - not a large enough army, or ships and perhaps uncertain alliances.

Cersei vs Margaery is already being set up nicely, am looking forward to it.

Also, can't wait for crazy Lysa. Don't think the 'only Cat' moment will come this early, it's just the moon door is a prominent feature of the set. They have to have the ice castle scene first, also show how she becomes jealous. Trying to murder Sansa, only to be herself thrown out the moon door sounds like a finale moment to me.

EDIT: Also it's great that Daenerys is finally wearing something other than the blue dress. ;)

The "Only Cat" scene, if it does not happen in the finale, will most likely be in episode 7 or 8. They wouldn't have it as soon as they arrive.

My only concern is that they'll just give away the fact that Lysa poisioned Jon. She says "What wife would do for you what I've done for you?"

I assume she'll be saying this when it's just her and Littlefinger and not in front of anyone, so it'll be like a Varys/Littlefinger conversation, or a Margaery/Olenna one like last episode.

As Colonel Green said, Robin will appear on episode 7, and it seems wrong to have scenes with him without his mother in at least one.

This makes me sound skeptical, but no matter what happens, I'm really looking forward to the Eyrie scenes

I don't think they'll reveal the Jon poisoning yet... especially since most of the Unsullied would need to be first reminded about his death and how it all started the Stark/Lannister conflict. But it makes sense to establish the relationship and history between Lysa and LF in scenes between the two of them over the next several epsiodes, instead of having it all come out in two big infodumps from Lysa to Sansa, as it does in the book.

There's no way that Tommen didn't rub one out after Margaery left the room.

I was half expecting the scene to end with him awkwardly reaching down below under the blankets.

Btw, just how old is Tommen supposed to be in-show? The actor looks like's he's about fifteen, but the last time we saw Tommen on the show he couldn't have been older than ten. Are we supposed to believe the Tommen in the show right now is about 12 or 13? I'm somewhat confused on this matter.

That seems unlikely. Too soon for that and it didn't even look like it pierced his armor.

When I saw that I was reminded of Jorah teaching Rakharo about how a broadsword is perfect for piercing armour. Jorah looked pained in the promo, and I wonder if we'll see him leaving for Volantis soon. But given the changes to his character in the show, I wonder how they'll accomplish his split with Dany....

There's no way that Tommen didn't rub one out after Margaery left the room.

I actually did wonder if something more was gonna happen during the scene ! Imo, show-Tommen is old enough to have sexual desire and come on... what straight man wouldnt do Margaery Tyrell ? ^^

I hope the show explores the eventuality of Tommen's birth of sexual desire towards his queen in the show ! Would be a nice touch !

If Tommen is just around the start of his sexual puberty, then it's not going to be difficult to show how Margaery can quickly become so influential with him. Look at that nod and smile when she asked him if she could come back again. Cersei doesn't stand a chance...

Looks like his coronation is next episode and the synopsis says that Tywin and Cersei plot the Crown's next move so undoubtedly, the Margaery pact is sealed here much to Cersei's chagrin. They might also deal with the Loras engagement and eventual inclusion in the Kingsguard. If not now, then you probably won't see that touched on until S5 after Tywin's gone.

I think Dany making it clear what she still needs to do before she can leave for Westeros is incredibly important. There should be some definitive milestone put out there (double the size of her army, get a certain number of allies, build x number of ships, have the dragons grow to a certain size etc) that tells the audience that she can't go yet. You can't just have her say "You know what? I feel obligated to stay and rule here indefinitely because it's my responsibility" because that's the kind of thing that pissed off everyone reading the book.

I laughed so hard, both at the serious trolling to non-book readers with Dany and the first shot of crazy Lysa's face. Played that repeatedly. Ohh, the hype.

We'll get the Dany lines here of "I will do what queens do..I will rule." and "How can I rule Seven Kingdoms, if I can't control a single city?" as she finds out about the messed up situations she left Qarth, Astapor, and Yunkai in.

"Only Cat" will be for The Children. Lysa killed Jon to save Robin from being fostered away at Dragonstone.

Could Sansa crying be after the attempted rape?

I don't think it is. I think the reason why Sansa is crying at that moment is because they are talking about Catelyn being dead and that they only have each other now. Hence why Lysa comforts her. I like that scene, because for a moment you get the feeling that Sansa finally gets some peace. It will give the unsullied - just like it was for us once - a false sense of relief

I don't think they'll reveal the Jon poisoning yet... especially since most of the Unsullied would need to be first reminded about his death and how it all started the Stark/Lannister conflict. But it makes sense to establish the relationship and history between Lysa and LF in scenes between the two of them over the next several epsiodes, instead of having it all come out in two big infodumps from Lysa to Sansa, as it does in the book.

I agree. Whenever they make a reveal about something on the show, they heavily reference it beforehand. You could have played a drinking game with the phrase "Iron Bank of Braavos" before Davos decides to write to them.

so excited for the return of Lysa. One of my favourite minor characters and Dickie was brilliant in season 1. Also glad that by the looks of the trailer we get to see her bipolar nature which was something they dint have to time to show in season 1

"Only Cat" will happen in episode 7 definitely -- the title of that episode is Mockingbird, LF's sigil.

I really like how it appears they're making Lysa look like what an aunt is supposed to be. They might instigate a pseudo-redemptive arc for her, but in the end she'll just turn out to be a nutter like in season 1. It follows the theme in the show where they make evil characters go on redemptive arcs before having them rape their sister in front of their incestuous bastard son's corpse :L

"Would that be enough to take King's Landing?"

Hahahahaha….haha…haha….ha…… :frown5: the unsullied will be heart broken

For a second I thought Arya stabbed the hound. That would have been a terrible deviation.

Night's Watch vs the Mutineers will be awesome

Hoepfully no more TWOW scenes.

Looks like they're portraying Dany as being over confident with her victory over the slavers.

The idea of her taking Kings Landing like she took Meereen is nonsense and it looks like the scene will be a "back down to earth moment".

Probably where they point out that she only has 8000 unsullied and 2000 mercenaries. Tywin alone has 60,000.

Aegon conquered the seven kingdoms with like 3000 men and 3 dragons to start, so Dany's ahead of him at this point.

any chance that Ayra 'sticking the Hound with the pointy end' could cause the festering wound that kills him?

That's my guess. Also, I get the feeling that the farmer he robbed in the 3rd episode will be the one who takes him in in his post-"Hound" life. That is, if they decide to keep him alive. His character is essentially retired in the books (at least for the time being); will they keep an actor on when his role is so limited for the forseeable future?

Archived