[Book & Show Spoilers] "First of His Name" Promo

Dany's Silver

What I've gleamed from the synopsis, promo and Knight of the Gate actor's scheduled appearance (more info on WICnet):

-

As far as I can tell, no Brienne, Yara, Dreadfort, Wildlings or Dragonstone.

In King's Landing, this appears to be a Cersei-heavy episode (like how Jaime was the center of King's Landing in episode four). Tommen is crowned, officially becoming King. Cersei notices Margeary's intent. Cersei speaks to Tywin about one or more of these: on Tyrells/Oberyn ("Whom can we trust?" -"Ourselves. Alone."), Daenerys ("Don't tell me you're worried about a child halfway across the world") and Tommen ("You'll fight over him like beasts until you tear him apart. I'll BURN our house to the ground before I let that happen"). Cersei speaks with Oberyn in the garden ("What good is power if you cannot protect the ones you love?" -"We can avenge them").

Jon and his brothers attack the mutineers at Craster's Keep. Jon reunites with Ghost and Bran gets away. Unknown if Jon and Bran meet. Unknown if Locke will attempt to kill Jon and/or die. Jon Snow fights, and likely kills, chief mutineer Karl.

Daenerys calls for a council and asks if she can move onto King's Landing. She decides to stay in Meereen and stabilize the region rather than abandon the slaves she's freed ("I will do what queens do. I will rule") . Unknown if Dany finds out that Astapor (and Yunkai?) has fallen into disorder since she left; I'm assuming so because that's part of the reason that she stays to rule.

Sansa and Littlefinger arrive at the Vale of Arryn and are let through to the Eyrie by the Knight of the Gate. They meet Lysa. Sansa confides in Lysa about the Red Wedding. Lysa's jealousy of Sansa blossoms ("Why does he feel responsible for you?"). Lysa demonstrates her love for Littlefinger ("What wife would do for you the things I've done for you?"). Unknown if they marry in this episode. They're moving fast with the jealousy angle, so I can see "Only Cat" happening in episode seven, as some have predicted.

Arya practices with Needle. Unknown if Sandor teaches Arya the gift of mercy in this episode (I hope so, it's getting late).

-

The recap later this week will provide more information.

Good write-up Ignorant Bog Woman! We will be getting the Gift of Mercy and soon. Remember in Foreshadowing featurette, the scene where Arya and Sandor come across a wounded fellow and he says "maybe nothing is better than this." That'll be the gift of mercy. And I think it may be in the episode. Either that or in six or seven.

Arkash, I think we got it on Thursday or Friday last week. But earlier the week before.

I have a gut feeling that the title of this episode "first of his name " does not refer to Tommen after all we know he is not the first of his name.

Its about you know who .Howland reeds children and Bran meeting Jon at this point perfect time to uncover this mystery. I was thinking the day

before the last episode that they needed to progress the story of the WW or the unsullied wouldn't be happy and now its come to the same point

with the Jon story.The unsullied must be searching for a reason to believe that Jon is significant in the bigger picture, sure they might be rooting for

him as a stark but they have come to understand that the starks aren't safe .If you gave them the sense that Jon had this unfulfilled destiny it would

be a huge hook going forward. Prepare yourselves you have been warned.

i think there is also a strong possibility that Bran wargs hodor and kills rass. It was kinda foreshadowed with Rass imagining himself in Hodor's place "If I was that big I'd be king of the world" well I hope so

I have a gut feeling that the title of this episode "first of his name " does not refer to Tommen after all we know he is not the first of his name.

He's the first Tommen that is king of Westeros. There are dual/triple meanings to most of the episodes titles this season anyway.

They won't reveal R+L=J.

Elio revealed in this brand new interview that the show was about to go again very soon in spoiler territory :

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/28/meet_the_game_of_thrones_superfan_who_knows_westeros_better_than_george_r_r_martin/

And one of the upcoming episodes looks to me like a spoiler for a future book that has not been published yet. I’m not sure. It could just be something that [HBO] created. But it’s going to be very interesting to see what people say in a week or two, when they see this event.

Since he's not sure if it's canon, I doubt it's R + L, but never thought of the show having Jon and the Reeds meet and reveal his lineage this way !

But it doesnt seem to be that !

He's the first Tommen that is king of Westeros. There are dual/triple meanings to most of the episodes titles this season anyway.

"Breaker of Chains" only refered to Dany.

It could also have refered to Sansa escaping KL, Jaime and Cersei breaking their bound definitly, Tyrion freing Pod of his service, but these seem far fetched.

Arkash, I think we got it on Thursday or Friday last week. But earlier the week before.

Looking forward ! Love watching those !

Its about you know who .Howland reeds children and Bran meeting Jon at this point perfect time to uncover this mystery. I was thinking the day

before the last episode that they needed to progress the story of the WW or the unsullied wouldn't be happy and now its come to the same point

with the Jon story.The unsullied must be searching for a reason to believe that Jon is significant in the bigger picture, sure they might be rooting for

him as a stark but they have come to understand that the starks aren't safe .If you gave them the sense that Jon had this unfulfilled destiny it would

be a huge hook going forward. Prepare yourselves you have been warned.

i think there is also a strong possibility that Bran wargs hodor and kills rass. It was kinda foreshadowed with Rass imagining himself in Hodor's place "If I was that big I'd be king of the world" well I hope so

You're really reaching here. Prepare to be disappointed; you've been warned. :drunk:

Bran warging Hodor is very likely. If you notice, the chain they tied around him could be pretty easily removed from that post if he had the wherewithal to figure it out. So Bran could use Hodor's body to get away pretty easily. Plus he's a big guy who could take down a lot of weaselly mutineers.

Elio revealed in this brand new interview that the show was about to go again very soon in spoiler territory :

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/28/meet_the_game_of_thrones_superfan_who_knows_westeros_better_than_george_r_r_martin/

Since he's not sure if it's canon, I doubt it's R + L, but never thought of the show having Jon and the Reeds meet and reveal his lineage this way !

But it doesnt seem to be that !

Arkash, couldn't Ran have been referring to the WW Night King stuff we just saw last night, rather than another scene in an upcoming episode?

My memories of Storm of Swords are fading, did Lysa know that Alayne is Sansa, and if so, when did she find out? Before they arrived or sometime after?

Arkash, couldn't Ran have been referring to the WW Night King stuff we just saw last night, rather than another scene in an upcoming episode?

A little note on the supposed Night's King, (which the Game of Thrones wiki people seem to be very convinced about).

I watched Elio & Linda's review of the episode, and they seem to be convinced that someone was looking for a name for the Other on the HBO viewer's guide and they stumbled upon, or thought they made up the Night's King. I recall them saying that they changed the name to just "white walker".

Also, that interview was posted the day after Elio saw the episode: he didn't get a "preview" like he did the first three and have prior knowledge of that change. I suspect that he just watched trailers and featurettes over and over and deduced that something different was happening; something that may spoil the books for us.

My memories of Storm of Swords are fading, did Lysa know that Alayne is Sansa, and if so, when did she find out? Before they arrived or sometime after?

She knew it was Sansa and told her so before they got to the Eyrie.

What are the main discussion topics right now for fans of the series?

Well, George, he’s a very prolific writer, he’s writing the best he can, but it’s a big work, and he’s not quite managing, perhaps, to keep pace. And it’s still possible he’ll manage, but there’s a danger there. And so people are quite concerned.

A year from now, the shoe may be on the other foot. The show’s viewers may be the ones with information from future novels that we, the readers, don’t have.

I think I know a bit about what will happen in upcoming episodes. [Also, Martin has spoken to the show's writers, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, about his plans for the series.] And one of the upcoming episodes looks to me like a spoiler for a future book that has not been published yet. I’m not sure. It could just be something that [HBO] created. But it’s going to be very interesting to see what people say in a week or two, when they see this event.

This is from a recent interview posted today...you guys think this was from last episode and the interview took place prior? or?

Archived