[Book Spoilers] Jaime and Brienne Scenes

Le Cygne

This is where I have to point out that I do think GRRM's extremes are a bit too much. Everyone is either unnaturally beautiful or absolutely hideous, and that isn't how it works, IMO. Most people are somewhere inbetween, and the more you know them, the more their beauty and attractiveness can be found. I'm not so sure why he, GRRM, has to go to such extremes with the looks, but it is one of the things that really, really bug me.

This!

You said what I always thought and did realize clearly. Actually this is a trap fiction tends to fall into, characterizing people not by making their looks individual and special but by positioning them somewhene on the attractiveness scale, a judgemental quantity statement instead of quality. And Martin tries to avoid that trap by having one ugly heroine while so many just have to be exceptionally beautiful. How would the fate of Dany or Sansa have been different if they looked like you and me, nice, moderately pretty but not remarkable at all? Wouldn't they be worth a story?

Actually the average person in RL is of average attractiveness ;) - and yet we all are of so very different looks.

Could be that the looks of the characters are interpreted by bias: Is Dany as beautiful as everyone says or is that flattery and the power adding to her beauty? Is it a relative thing, where the mostly noble characters with fairly attractive genes can afford and have the nutrition to be more attractive? Just like rich areas liek Chelsea are full of generally very attractive people because they can afford to go to teh gym more often and get stylists etc in?

Is it just me, or is "Bryan Cogman + NCW" the best combination in all of Game of Thrones.

Oathkeeper & bath scene... too much awesomeness :o

Cogman is definitely a big fan of Jaime, and the Jaime/Brienne pairing ; which is awesome as he's also one of the best writers, so fans of these characters are bound to have great quality scenes.

It will be interesting to see how fast they speed up their story line from the books. If things continue this fast we may learn their fate before the next book comes out.

I'm ok with that, but how do you all feel?

It will be interesting to see how fast they speed up their story line from the books. If things continue this fast we may learn their fate before the next book comes out.

I'm ok with that, but how do you all feel?

But will we learn their fate, that's the question. So many changes. Would we still read the last book a couple years later, if the ending falls flat? Not looking forward to that.

I can't help but wonder if the people saying the farewell was cheesy have ever actually said goodbye to someone they loved knowing they might never see them again. Even for hardened war veterans, it tends to be a pretty cheesy moment in real life.

Brienne and Pod are featured in the recap for the next episode btw. So we'll get a bit of their travels on Sunday, you all.

Yay ! I'm really worried about what they're going to do with Brienne, but I'm looking forward to her scenes anyway.

But will we learn their fate, that's the question. So many changes. Would we still read the last book a couple years later, if the ending falls flat? Not looking forward to that.

While I don't want to get my hopes up, part of me is pretty optimistic about the J/B outcome : there's a huge build-up, both in the books and the show, and it wouldn't make sense for them to put such emphasis on them if it led to nowhere/ fell flat.

As sad as it is I think one of them will kill the other one. I haven't figured out the specifics yet though.

I don't remember if when Jaime said this it was to her, but Brienne is going to realise that Jaime's right about how many vows eventually end up contradicting to each other or in due time, end up being ridiculous. She swore to serve Cat Tully but Jaime has changed now and he's definitely a better man than the guy Cat knew. She would serve little purpose killing him, specially because he had nothing to do with the RW.

^Sadly LSH is beyond reason. When the fuck is TWOW going to come out! I have to know what happens! That and the Battle of Ice keep me worried day and goddamn night!

Ugh, I know. Have mercy, George ! (see what I did there)

A likely outcome (if we consider there's no way LS would negotiate) is Brienne killing LS, thus Learning some vows need to be broken, and all that jazz.

Yay ! I'm really worried about what they're going to do with Brienne, but I'm looking forward to her scenes anyway.

While I don't want to get my hopes up, part of me is pretty optimistic about the J/B outcome : there's a huge build-up, both in the books and the show, and it wouldn't make sense for them to put such emphasis on them if it led to nowhere/ fell flat.

If George kills them before they at least make a baby, my heart will be broken. I don't think LS will force them to kill each other. She will certainly try, but I think someone will interfere. I'm looking forward to that scene immensely.

That and the Red Wedding 2.0 are the cleanest possible outcomes, HairGrowsBack but I'm worried that the two will have to fight one another and that Oathkeeper will be used by one of them to kill the other one. Jaime's dream on the weirwood stump gives important hints about how this situation will end, and IMO it doesn't seem to imply anything positive will come of all of it.

Archived