Wheel of Time Series

Alia Atreides

I think most of us could agree that Elayne was the most hated character. Or at least by the people I spoke with.

Egwene for me. I just hated her.

When she died in MoL, I jumped from my bed and cried out in joy. That makes me probably a bad person, but I don't care.

Egwene for me. I just hated her.

When she died in MoL, I jumped from my bed and cried out in joy. That makes me probably a bad person, but I don't care.

Never seen Elayne on the top of any most hated character list. Usually Faile or Nynanawhatever.

You know what? I'll just compromise and say they all sucked in their own way.

He certainly us in the first book.

Also, you can have more than one main character you know.

I know. And most (actually all) of the main characters in the series are one dimensional which made it even worse. Plus author thinks himself more witty than he is... My brain was screaming in pain whenever author tried to convince us that Shallan is witty.

Thankfully I dropped the series. Two books are more than enough... I don't think I can survive reading next 8 books.

Perrin's chapters in EotW were some of the best. Can anybody tell me if his material remains pretty good for at least the next few books?

As a character Perrin remains OK throughout the books, the problem is that the storyline puts him in the backwater of the action for several books. But if you enjoyed him in the first book, chances are you will enjoy him later on too - he was in the backwater for much of the first book too.

Kaladin took most of the first book (Way of Kings) and he was really annoying. Author used every cliche on him.

Which makes him the main character of The Way of Kings, but not the Stormlight Archive, which is a series that would feature a large number of main characters, with each book focusing on a certain one. So in a way having Kaladin as the main character of the first book means the worst is behind us, no? :)

I just finished Book 10 and I can not wait to pick up Book 11. I always see people hating on the WoT series on here but I have enjoyed the series. Some parts get a little boring but then again, there are certain POVs I skim over on my rereads of ASoIaF because I find those story lines to be boring. WoT is only the 2nd fantasy series I have read, obviously ASoIaF was my 1st. Does anyone have any suggestions of other fantasy series I might enjoy? I like how long both of these series are as I hate getting into a story and it ending only a couple days after it began.

I just finished Book 10 and I can not wait to pick up Book 11. I always see people hating on the WoT series on here but I have enjoyed the series. Some parts get a little boring but then again, there are certain POVs I skim over on my rereads of ASoIaF because I find those story lines to be boring. WoT is only the 2nd fantasy series I have read, obviously ASoIaF was my 1st. Does anyone have any suggestions of other fantasy series I might enjoy? I like how long both of these series are as I hate getting into a story and it ending only a couple days after it began.

Read the Rec threads.

Haha, isn't that ALL of them?

But yes, her. I don't have the energy or fucks to give to look up how to spell her stupid name.

Nynaeve.

So, women of the old blood not to everyone's taste, I see.

Tsk, tsk. Reread Moiraine's speech about the old blood near the beginning of "Eye of the World"

Archived