Wheel of Time Series

Alia Atreides

Really enjoyed the first book, the Eye of the World. Enjoyed the beginning, but through the middle it got kind of slow. By the time I got to the end I really missed the characters. I have the next two in my shelf that I'm going to have to read once I finish some of the other books I have lined up.

Is this series worth reading? I hear it's kind of overrated so the writing is not good and kind of pretentious and without being amazing author what can you expect. Sanderson finished it, also heard he is not good writer so I think the series is not good.

Did pirates have guns even 17th century?

You drunk?

Is this series worth reading? I hear it's kind of overrated so the writing is not good and kind of pretentious and without being amazing author what can you expect. Sanderson finished it, also heard he is not good writer so I think the series is not good.

Did pirates have guns even 17th century?

It's a good series if you want to immerse yourself in a big world with a lot of books, but don't want to spend the whole time being utterly confused. It is easy enough to follow along, and even if there are a few dry patches every now and then, they do not last long until something exciting and new happens.

Really enjoyed the first book, the Eye of the World. Enjoyed the beginning, but through the middle it got kind of slow. By the time I got to the end I really missed the characters. I have the next two in my shelf that I'm going to have to read once I finish some of the other books I have lined up.

It's a good series if you want to immerse yourself in a big world with a lot of books, but don't want to spend the whole time being utterly confused. It is easy enough to follow along, and even if there are a few dry patches every now and then, they do not last long until something exciting and new happens.

Oh, you know nothing, my sweet summer child...

Oh, you know nothing, my sweet summer child...

What do you mean? I had no problem following along with the story. Obviously at first you don't know what a Wisdom is or an Aes Sedai, but after 3 or 4 chapters, the whole setting felt as familiar to me as Westeros or Middle-earth.

What do you mean? I had no problem following along with the story. Obviously at first you don't know what a Wisdom is or an Aes Sedai, but after 3 or 4 chapters, the whole setting felt as familiar to me as Westeros or Middle-earth.

Just wait till you get to the middle books.

I have fond memories of Wheel of Time up to the 6th book. The characters were irritating as Hell, I would have loved to reach my hands in and throttle any or all of them at any point. But the fond memories come from the epic-ness of the story, the world and its history. After the 8th book the bogged down plot along with the annoying characters eclipsed my enjoyment and I gave up on the series by book 10. In the end I found out how the whole thing ended by reading a plot summary on wiki and don't feel I missed anything by doing that.

By my unofficial count about 95% of WoT fans share this opinion. ;)

Yes, but only because Perrin and Faile were the PoV characters of the Shaido storyline. Had the Shaido kidnapped somebody else, say Mat, and Talmanes was trying to save him (no homo), I imagine the reception would've been quite different ;).

I didn't liked the characters as well. The main character was just too genric to be enjoyable. Maybe he becomes interesting later on... Thankfully he wasn't as annoying as Kaladin from Stormlight Archive.

You seem to be implying that Kaladin is the main character of SA, which he definitely isn't. Rand, even tho officially branded as the main character, occupies less than 10% of the material in some of the books and never more than 50%, except in the very beginning of the story.

You seem to be implying that Kaladin is the main character of SA, which he definitely isn't. Rand, even tho officially branded as the main character, occupies less than 10% of the material in some of the books and never more than 50%, except in the very beginning of the story.

Yeah but the only characters worse than Rand are the other WoT POV characters.

Perrin's chapters in EotW were some of the best. Can anybody tell me if his material remains pretty good for at least the next few books?

I don't know what's good or bad for you, but what's for sure is that Perrin's chapters become full of angst and hesitation.

Perrin's chapters in EotW were some of the best. Can anybody tell me if his material remains pretty good for at least the next few books?

Yes. They become really awesome for a few books. Then... not so much for a few books. Until the end they become good again.

Ahhhhaahaaahhaaahhaaaahaaa!

One word ... Faile.

(ok, that's a bit unfair. For the next few books, sure. Perrin's fine)

Archived