NFL Draft- The Johnny Freefall Edition

Trebla

I will cut you in half with a spoon. :P

How the hell did the Browns pull that pick from Buffalo, anyways?

You'll be sawing at me with that spoon for a while. :P

Bills must have been in love with Watkins, and maybe the Browns told them that other people were inquiring about that pick too (which may well be true).

I will cut you in half with a spoon. :P

How the hell did the Browns pull that pick from Buffalo, anyways?

Bills wanted Sammy Watkins pretty bad. They swapped the 4 pick for the 9 pick and threw in Buffalo's first rounder next year and their fourth rounder.

And now today comes the news that the Bills have traded Stevie Johnson to the Niners. As a Kentucky fan, I'm pumped to have a former Cat on my favorite team. It makes for a dangerous combo to go Crabs, Davis, Boldin, and Johnson together.

My favorite Johnson play from college: Stevie Got Loose.

And now today comes the news that the Bills have traded Stevie Johnson to the Niners. As a Kentucky fan, I'm pumped to have a former Cat on my favorite team. It makes for a dangerous combo to go Crabs, Davis, Boldin, and Johnson together.

My favorite Johnson play from college: Stevie Got Loose.

GODDAMIT, I LIKE IT! Finally they get the speedster they need to stretch the opposing secondary a bit. This could be a really nice pick up. What did they have to give to get him?

Does everyone assume that the Bills are still committed to Manuel being the guy at QB?

Too soon to give up on him, and why else throw away next year's first rounder to get a stud WR for him this year?

The Stevie Johnson deal, though, makes me wonder if the Bills are on a martyr trip -- giving of themselves so that other teams may succeed.

GODDAMIT, I LIKE IT! Finally they get the speedster they need to stretch the opposing secondary a bit. This could be a really nice pick up. What did they have to give to get him?

Conditional 4th rounder next year is what I've seen. (Could be a third with performance levels I think.)

Too soon to give up on him, and why else throw away next year's first rounder to get a stud WR for him this year?

The Stevie Johnson deal, though, makes me wonder if the Bills are on a martyr trip -- giving of themselves so that other teams may succeed.

Nah, typical Bills. Draft a guy... declare the other guy expendable. Just like Marshawn Lynch/Donte Whitner.

Johnson isn't a speedster. He uses quickness and creative route running to get open. Good receiver, but he's not going to stretch the field much and he's dealt with a lot of injuries the past few years.

Johnson isn't a speedster. He uses quickness and creative route running to get open. Good receiver, but he's not going to stretch the field much and he's dealt with a lot of injuries the past few years.

This is a fair assessment, but I think that he has deceptive speed. He is incredibly quick in bursts. Couple this with my opinion that he is one of the best route runners in the league and you have one of the best recievers in the game. He is certainly a top 10 talent at least.

This is a fair assessment, but I think that he has deceptive speed. He is incredibly quick in bursts. Couple this with my opinion that he is one of the best route runners in the league and you have one of the best recievers in the game. He is certainly a top 10 talent at least.

I like Johnson, but top 10? :stunned:

Can't get on board with that.

Not a speedster, but he is a bit more of the basketball player/red zone type we've also needed.

Oops, my bad. I always thought he was a deep threat/burner type. Guess I haven't seen all that much of the Bills lately.

Can't blame you for missing Bills games. Growing up in Toronto, I often wouldn't be able to see huge Niners games because they'd be blacked out so that the Bills- Dolphins or some such garbage would be shown, hence my abiding hatred for the otherwise innocuous Bills.

One thing about having three 1000 yard type WRs who play very similar styles is we can be oddly creative, as counter-intuitive as that sounds. All 3 can line up inside or out, run any kind of pattern, and all 3 can block, so we'll be really hard to read at the snap.

Yeah talk about just taking the wind of Cleveland's sails. Deadspin also posted a report from another site that has the Pats scouting report about Manziel. It's NOT flattering.

Have fun in the mistake by the lake, Johnny.

Remind me again why the league chose to return to Cleveland before putting a franchise in LA???

Yeah talk about just taking the wind of Cleveland's sails. Deadspin also posted a report from another site that has the Pats scouting report about Manziel. It's NOT flattering.

Manziel is mostly a media hype to begin with. Sure, he COULD be special, but the nfl speed is different. A lot of his miracle plays that he made on college won't do anything for him now. How many times didn't he chuck it up with terrible mechanics and still made the play? That won't happen often in the nfl.

Archived