Can a Jon Snow + Daenerys romance work in the final book? Part 2

MoIaF

As much apprehension as I have about Martin writing it, it is a grain of sand compared to how worried I am about Benioff and Weiss pulling it off well, and to make matters worse, the latter will most likely have first crack at it.

As much apprehension as I have about Martin writing it, it is a grain of sand compared to how worried I am about Benioff and Weiss pulling it off well, and to make matters worse, the latter will most likely have first crack at it.

Yeh I can see the show start to build or atleast tease Jon+Dany next year.

Forget the tease, if it happens, it most likely will happen on the show first.

Stuff like this is why I really, really hope (assuming the show does pass the books, which I'm not 100% convinced will happen) that the show and GRRM jointly announce, beforehand, that the show is going to do its own ending and the one in the books will be different. If there is a Jon/Dany romance, I really really really wanta see how Martin does it, not the way some corporate-run studio does it.

I enjoy the show, and would probably very much enjoy what they do--but seriously, they're going to run in somewhat of a Hollywood direction with it, that we know, and it's going to follow studio-type story-telling rules and important details (think Tysha) will be jettisoned for convenience.

It's obviously a cliché, but I can see Martin doing it with some kind of twist. Maybe Jon and Dany are married at the end, but it's just an arranged marriage for political reasons and the two have zero chemistry together or love for each other.

Or Dany dies in childbirth, or Jon dies after getting Dany pregnant with a legitimate male Targ heir.

It's obviously a cliché, but I can see Martin doing it with some kind of twist. Maybe Jon and Dany are married at the end, but it's just an arranged marriage for political reasons and the two have zero chemistry together or love for each other.

Or Dany dies in childbirth, or Jon dies after getting Dany pregnant with a legitimate male Targ heir.

That they fall in love but one of them dies (or both of them die) seems to me like one of the more probable endings.

I like this one better.

http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/files/styles/media_gallery_image/public/game-of-thronesDanyJon_1.jpg?itok=aBbr6zEm

Just kidding. I actually want them to get together. If for nothing else for the reactions/tantrums.

It begins, the greatest shitstorm of our time.

This. But clearly having icexombies as your enemies is so much simpler than mustache twirling villains.

Yes you are right, single handily. You are absolutely right, having to keep fighting with icezombies for your life every single moment of your life is so much easier than ordering people to do what you want.

Since when has Jon actually fought an Other?

How I imagine Jon and Dany meeting:

Jon: I am Jon Snow.

Dany: And I am Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms....

- Jon wanders off, has a shave, walks with ghost, chats with the men, spars for a while, has a bath and wanders back -

Dany: ...Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains...

- Jon goes for a walk along the top of the Wall with Ghost. He walks for some time. He eventually stops, sits down and breaks out the Big Book of Sudoku. He does about half and then contemplates life and the Universe for a while, coming to the conclusion that they do not, in fact, live in the eye of a blue-eyed giant. He then wanders back again -

Dany: ...and Mother of Dragons!

Jon: Right. Can I just call you Dany?

Dany: No!

Jon: Yeah, this relationship will never work.

love it :)

Sure, it can happen but I don't think we're heading for a cheesy or clichéd romance. GRRM will work in what suits the end game he wants and he has had that in mind from the very beginning. For all the talk of ice and fire being opposites and Jon and Dany championing opposing causes I think they are much more likely to unite to face whatever threat there is.

They both have a strong sense of responsibility to their people in a very broad sense - Jon attempting to bring as many wildlings through the Wall as possible / Dany trying to liberate as many slaves as possible, Jon launching the risky even foolhardy rescue mission to Hardhome / Dany attempting to save the victims of the pale mare. I've never bought the idea that they embody opposites that will come into conflict and be antagonistic. If they do somehow represent opposing forces it's much more likely that they will have their eyes wide open to the dangers Westeros faces, be pragmatic and responsible and co-operate, also achieving the symbolic or actual magical balance that seems to be the holy grail for some.

Whether they get it on or not doesn't matter so much but a young, healthy and unattached male and female lead working together in desperate circumstances to achieve great things.....it would be odd if there was no connection. Hell even Jaime and Brienne managed a connection of sorts, even Sam managed a connection with Gilly (ok the Summer Islanders put a gun to his head but even so....).

But we're promised that although the good guys win the ending will be bittersweet so I wouldn't hold out for Good King Jon and Good Queen Dany and their children. Equally I would be surprised if they don't meet and work together.

In other words, John falling for Dany is about as likely as Sam Damon getting the hots for Courtney Massengale.

Ugh, what a typically ugly and inapt comparison.

I have no idea who those people are, but if Jon and Dany ever meet, I'd be pretty shocked if he isn't attracted to her, and vice versa is nearly as certain.

He's just bashing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_An_Eagle

• Sam Damon (Protagonist. Honorable, forthright officer dedicated to the Army and his soldiers)
  • Courtney Massengale (Antagonist. Conniver and malefactor, using family political connections to move up the ranks)

I don't think so. It seems like there will be too much misunderstanding between them. Team fAegon will spread lies about Dany. I think by the time they meet each other, Dany will be pregnant and close to death.

There will be plenty of propaganda, sure. But by the time they meet circumstances will probably be pretty dire for Westeros / Humanity so I'm sure they'll be pragmatic about how they sound each other out. They both make pretty good first impressions so I can't see revenge-fuelled drama and a "Die whelp of an Usuper's Dog!!" / "Die, vile spawn of the Mad King" face off.

This is ridiculous. Someone is able to be independent even if he is not a fighter. However Dany isn't either fighter or independed. Jon's type are independed fighter women. Again Dany isn't either a fighter or independed.

<_<

You know, it is pretty funny that the two posters in this thread who absolutely cannot accept the possibility of any connection between Jon and Dany both have "Jon" in their user names.

Methinks you are getting a bit too close to this topic....

Well honestly at this point I want a few cliches... His subversions hurt too much.

:'(

I really don't care about clishes but the main male character & main female character is so 1700's.

You know, it is pretty funny that the two posters in this thread who absolutely cannot accept the possibility of any connection between Jon and Dany both have "Jon" in their user names.

Methinks you are getting a bit too close to this topic....

Very funny.

Archived