The Flash - Don't Blink

BormonReborn

I'm warming up to the argument that this show is better written than Arrow....at least as far as Arrow S3 is concerned...

Arrow was never well written episode to episode. It just moved at warp speed with excellent action pieces, interesting big plot points and Felicity.

Good episode, they are slowly starting to give the "main angle" some focus, with Joe zeroing in on the good Dr, especially with that ending.

And the man on fire reference near the end = Firestorm?

Also, lol at "man of steel" comment by Joe, does superman exist in this world?

I like this show and Arrow about the same.... I kind of think of them as the same show, only with a couple of different plotlines.... Thus far, this show is not encumbered by too many cast members confusing the story.... tonight was a great example.... they kept it simple, and it was a fun watch.... not over-written.... just good guy vs bad guy

Revealing your identity to a meathead metal-human just so's you could make your lecture on bullying more effective, eh? S-m-r-a-t.

Anyway, the rest of the ep was good: Iris landing the last punch, Eddie and Barry bonding (?), Wells continues to be the most intriguing character on the show , and Zoom is out there.

And best of all, "the Streak" is gone.

For a scientist, Barry truly uses his powers in moronic ways sometimes. Instead of punching the guy directly, why didn't he just aim for the joints instead? Also the animation when he drops that supersonic punch looked like it was ripped from a videogame.

Still my favourite show out right now.

Did that ending leave any ambiguity about the Doctor's real identity/motivation?

I'm trying to remember if the secret identity of the Flash is common knowledge in the comics.

Not in the New 52. Wally West version was public for the longest time until he asked the Hal Jordan Spectre to erase it. I don't think Barry's was ever public. Not even after he died in CoIE, but I could be wrong.

Did that ending leave any ambiguity about the Doctor's real identity/motivation?

I'm trying to remember if the secret identity of the Flash is common knowledge in the comics.

It was painfully obvious from the start, now even more so.

Wells is Zoom.

Well, weren't there more that one Reverse Flash in the Flash canon? And one of them is named Eobard Thawne. Maybe the "Man in Yellow" is Eddie and Wells is another version from the future who, initially, is a Fan of the Flash, working to protect him?

Good ep. Jesse L. Martin is awesome. The look on his face at the end. :thumbsup:

Loved the dialogue: "So... you want me to feed Eddie some scientific gobbledygook and throw him off the course..." Which is all of the shows explanations of anything supposedly scientific. I love a show that can have a chuckle at itself. :thumbsup:

I'm still having problems with the Flash Crew's "Little Gitmo". I know it's an overly convenient plot device to keep from having villians offed each week. But, really... Unless this is just Wells' way of building the rogues Gallery.

I'm still having problems with the Flash Crew's "Little Gitmo". I know it's an overly convenient plot device to keep from having villians offed each week. But, really... Unless this is just Wells' way of building the rogues Gallery.

I'm just wondering about logistics, who's feeding and cleaning up after these prisoners?

I'm just wondering about logistics, who's feeding and cleaning up after these prisoners?

I've wondered that, too. Especially, the first prisoner whom, I suppose, has to be hermetically sealed, right? I mean, even a food slot is a gaping escape tunnel. Unless they gas him (Ha!) or otherwise incapacitate him at meal time. And why can't metal man just smash through the plexiglass?

Well, weren't there more that one Reverse Flash in the Flash canon? And one of them is named Eobard Thawne. Maybe the "Man in Yellow" is Eddie and Wells is another version from the future who, initially, is a Fan of the Flash, working to protect him?

I don't believe that, im thinking Eddie Thawne is just a red herring with his name. You're right that there were 2 zooms, but Wells fits a lot better. He has the wheelchairbound gimmick of the second Zoom, the time-travelling motif and the scientific interest of the first. Eddie Thawne is a policeman like the second and he is a friend of Barry but im thinking he will just be the Flash's version of Billy Wintergreen, while Wells is Deathstroke.

I don't believe that, im thinking Eddie Thawne is just a red herring with his name. You're right that there were 2 zooms, but Wells fits a lot better. He has the wheelchairbound gimmick of the second Zoom, the time-travelling motif and the scientific interest of the first. Eddie Thawne is a policeman like the second and he is a friend of Barry but im thinking he will just be the Flash's version of Billy Wintergreen, while Wells is Deathstroke.

Yes, I agree with Wells being the better fit. But, it would make for one hell of a twist for viewers not overly up on the Flash canon.

Yes, I agree with Wells being the better fit. But, it would make for one hell of a twist for viewers not overly up on the Flash canon.

Oh I fully agree, thing is we've seen this shit before with Billy Wintergreen and Slade. Way I see it, it's gonna happen like this.

Eddie gets hurt in the line of duty or he becomes jealous of Iris' obsession with the Flash at some point. Then by some 'miracle' (in truth Wells' manipulations) Eddie gets powers but is driven insane by them (something that happened to other Reverse-flashes) and can't communicate with Barry. Barry eventually takes him out and thinks the threat of the Reverse-flash is over for good and thus he has his justice for his father. Then it turns out Wells was behind all of it including his mom's death 'in order to make Barry a better hero' (in this case the murderer Zoom being Wells) and keeps his hands clean of the crime, all the while indulging in machinations resulting in more metahumans for Barry to fight. Keep in mind that Thawne had superspeed (Eddie), but Zolomon could manipulate time (Wells). At least that's what I think.

Oh I fully agree, thing is we've seen this shit before with Billy Wintergreen and Slade. Way I see it, it's gonna happen like this.

Eddie gets hurt in the line of duty or he becomes jealous of Iris' obsession with the Flash at some point. Then by some 'miracle' (in truth Wells' manipulations) Eddie gets powers but is driven insane by them (something that happened to other Reverse-flashes) and can't communicate with Barry. Barry eventually takes him out and thinks the threat of the Reverse-flash is over for good and thus he has his justice for his father. Then it turns out Wells was behind all of it including his mom's death 'in order to make Barry a better hero' (in this case the murderer Zoom being Wells) and keeps his hands clean of the crime, all the while indulging in machinations resulting in more metahumans for Barry to fight.

Could very well be how it plays out. :) I just wish that time travel stories didn't make my head hurt. ;)

I think they'll try to streamline it.

However, what was the plan before the full season pick up? Using Eddie as a Reverse Flash works if it was in the plans the whole time, but I'm guessing it isn't Eddie who becomes evil, but one of his descendants.

I think they'll try to streamline it.

However, what was the plan before the full season pick up? Using Eddie as a Reverse Flash works if it was in the plans the whole time, but I'm guessing it isn't Eddie who becomes evil, but one of his descendants.

They can have both.

: Keep in mind that the first Zoom was a descendant of Barry, while the second was a friend of Wally's on the police force

Archived