NBA Continued - Conference, Finals, and Beyond

Relic

He did that at Kansas too, but he's still riding on the momentum of that game against Memphis, all of these years later. It might not be a bad idea to put LeBron at the point and Ray Allen at the 3 to start next game. Or Wade at the point and Allen at the 2. Something has to give.

Sounds like my 2k lineup lol even in the video games I take Chalmers out of my lineups. Spo needs to make some adjustments. The defense was beyond terrible, the offense was just, baffling. The ball was sticking and we weren't attacking enough. The one play where I just laughed because it was a microcosm of the game, was then Wade drove, was right under the basket and could've scored, but instead he kicked it out to a covered Ray Allen. That was just, so bad it was funny.

Well 75.8% fg and 71 points sounds like my full game stat line on 2k lol, let alone at half. Spurs were on some other level.

I don't know if adjustments are too necessary, because everything that could have gone wrong, did. The defense was a sieve for most of the game, and that's where they lost any momentum they started to put together.

If anything, I just hope this is a long series. The cup finals are basically over, and I really don't want to have to start baseball.

Series is obviously far from over, but Spurs definitely looked like the young energetic team while Miami looked,,,not even old...just out of it. If Lebron hadn't shouldered the load in the first quarter, that game would have been even scarier.

Still counts as only one win, and neither team will play as they did in this one on Thursday.

Kawhi Leonard, wow. He was the single reason I believed the Spurs could stay on the floor with a team far more athletic than them...but still did not see that 29 point outburst coming. Thought he'd continue with his 9 point games while doing yeoman work defending Lebron and on the glass and making the difference that way. That kind of shooting though is a pure bonus. Dude's an emerging stud.

Also can't help but imagine what Indiana could've been like if they didn't trade him for George Hill. Him and George defending the wings with Hibbert behind them...I mean teams would have a hellish slog to reach 80 against them. Plus both can shoot 3's and space the floor and fit in well with whatever offense you want to run. That team is a legitimate title contender. It even has the added bonus of possibly shortcircuiting the emergence of psycho Lance Stephenson - the key factor in Indy's teamwide mental unraveling. Moreover, the league is littered with solid PGs - it's the deepest position in the NBA. They could've found one. Instead they cashed out on Kawhi to get guy who's just okay, in part, because he played his college ball at IUPUI? Looking more and more like a disaster.

I think you can make a strong case that trade allowed the Spurs to stay as a legitimate title contender a few more years. No way they get past OKC (and now possibly Miami) without Kawhi. And the flip side is it short-circuited any realistic hope of this core group of Pacers winning a title. Now if we get to see if that trade directly leads to rings or if Miami is good enough to make it all moot.

Leonard was tremendous. Wade looks very underwhelming. Again.

I hear talk that he has had a decent playoffs campaign this year and indeed, he has been ok.

But surely even now less than what is expected of him, and if you make me choose between him and Ginobili on my team, it's an easy choice to make.

Surely Miami will bounce back, nothing is decided etc. But I do wonder, again, if the Heat will get enough from Wade and Bosh over 7 games. Because Chalmers is still awful. Ray Allen is still great and he will be their hope.

It looks like the only way the Heat can even compete is if Lebron has an amazing performance. He has to do something historic to make it a game.

Well, not really. He just has to play up to what he's capable of. That's not historic, that's Lebron James. Heat looked ugly last night but they haven't looked that ugly in every game (and SA hasn't shot that well either) so judging the entire series from a single game seems pointless, especially when the Heat are 2-0 when trailing 2-1 in a series. They've been here before.

"After Ser Jordan, I have only loved one players game. The black mamba."

I lost it there.

Of course you did :D

I loved the 'you know nothing, Ron-do'. Although Brad Stevens as ygritte is just a weird scenario.

And as for tonight's game, I'm grinning ear to ear right now. Will Miami come back? Probably, but the Spurs are playing pretty damn well right now.

Archived