NBA Continued - Conference, Finals, and Beyond

Relic

Those Miami fans are garbage for booing. Yeah, the Heat are getting smacked around right now, but these same guys brought home two straight championships and could still possibly bring them a third. And they're booing. Piss on their spoiled asses.

Goddamn, Spurs. I'm starting to think we're witnessing the best pure team, in terms of how they play as a unit, of the last 30 years.

I also look forward to seeing how everyone blames Lebron for this one. Yeah every other player on his team was terrible, but MJ would've gone for 107 if needed...

ETA: It's amazing the Spurs turned Miami into the '07 Cavs.

Those Miami fans are garbage for booing. Yeah, the Heat are getting smacked around right now, but these same guys brought home two straight championships and could still possibly bring them a third. And they're booing. Piss on their spoiled asses.

God they're the worst.

Okay Spurs, deathblow is coming on Sunday right? Right?

Likely though I expect one more Herculean effort by Lebron to not let his team go down meekly in 5. Fuck it, I'm sticking by my Spurs in 6 prediction.

I mean they've turned American Airlines arena into basically their homecourt. Hell, better than their homecourt because it has AC.

Likely though I expect one more Herculean effort by Lebron to not let his team go down meekly in 5. Fuck it, I'm sticking by my Spurs in 6 prediction.

I mean they've turned American Airlines arena into basically their homecourt. Hell, better than their homecourt because it has AC.

What's frightening is we're one Allen 3pter away from watching the Spurs potentially be the threepeat talk.

Most complete team of the last 30 years...if not, it's awful close. If someone told me that Parker, Ginobili and Duncan would combine for 36pts I'd have said they lost by a chunk, not won by 21. The only thing that is an inkling of concern - aside from the fact that Lebron is still on the Heat - is that they are putting up some minutes. Course, that may not make a difference if they come out like have the last two games and pull a Mountain on Miami's teeth on Sunday in the first quarter.

Game 1 obviously could have gone differently with the heating issues l'affair de cramp. but that's one of those counterfactuals that one can never know. Perhaps it was actually to Miami's advantage which is the only reason it was even close? Part of my point is that if San Antonio doesn't miss some crucial free throws down the stretch in game 2, this thing could already be over. Miami has played San Antonio four times. They've had a prayer in the final minute in only one of those.

I also don't expect LeBron et al to go out defeatists, but I didn't expect them to be run off of their home court in G3 and G4 of the NBA finals. Crazy, really. Maybe San Antonio's preposterous depth is finally hitting home against this aged Heat team. And I keep going back to the "cultural upgrade" thing that I use to describe the Spurs franchise, but I think it's real. Patty Mills. Boris Diaw, Marco Belinelli, Tiago Splitter, et al are solid role players on a lot of NBA teams, but on San Antonio they are something more than that. And couple that with Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli still being slippery as fuck all and Leonard's undeniable emergence all under Pop's tutelage and you have a nightmare on your hands.

It's hilarious to me that the Spurs are Team International, but the coaching staff has done an amazing job picking the perfect role players (Patty Mills can't be more than 6'0" right? he looks like he's always hopped up on caffeine out there). And they all know what their job is, they get off the bench and they work hard and aside from some dumbass moves like Green missing a rotation or Splitter having a moment, they work really well together. There's only been one lineup this series that really didn't work out for Pop.

Don't give Pop all the credit, though. Manu, Timmy, and Parker are the heart of the team and they are inspiring to the younger players. I think anyone playing on this team at this moment with these players is going to elevate his level of play. The Heat want to sit back and make LeBron do all the work. Poor LeBron. It's upsetting that the Heat aren't being inspired by him. Instead, they're throwing clunkers left and right and pouting. Seriously, fuck Chalmers. The only people LeBron can count on essentially are Bosh and Birdman.

This series has taken a turn for the awful. Since I don't like either team, I was at least hoping for it to be competitive. I have better things to do than watch NBA blowouts.

Congrats to the Spurs, I thought for sure the Heat would win game 4 after that terrible performance. But they can't, because the Spurs are straight up better. In OKC and Miami, you have two teams that are, at least at the top, much more talented, and in the NBA talent at the top is what wins championships. Not this year; both those teams didn't just get beat, they got embarrassed.

The Heat want to sit back and make LeBron do all the work. Poor LeBron. It's upsetting that the Heat aren't being inspired by him. Instead, they're throwing clunkers left and right and pouting. Seriously, fuck Chalmers. The only people LeBron can count on essentially are Bosh and Birdman.

From what I've seen, the only guys who are consistently making plays are Lebron and Ray Allen. Bosh and Birdman are sometimes good, but sometimes getting worked. Everyone else is just getting worked.

Don't worry Heat fans, your four year nightmare of dominance and near dominance will all be over soon.

The Heat are remarkably bad. They came away very fortunately last year when it should have been over in 6, but that's clearly not happening now.

The Spurs are eating them alive. Their defiiciences are clearly exploited. It's not even close.

LeBron is one man team here. Wade goes 3-13, that is terrible again, Wade.

Nope, this series is over. I don't see the Spurs lose the next two in a row, so it's in 5 or 6. And it is well deserved.

Both Durant and James will have fallen to the well oiled Spurs machine.

BTW not sure if we discussed but of course OKC GM Sam Presti has come out and said that Scotty Brooks is once again returning for next year. They continue to be oblivious to the valid criticism. According to Presti, "Brooks did an excellent job".

Furthermore Presti's gone on record again as saying that amnestying Kendrick Perkins is not something that is being considered at this point. A verbatim quote from end of season last year btw.

I really hope Miami gets rid of Chalmers. If Miami can't bounce back it'll be disappointing, but hey, 4 finals in a row, 2 chips, with a chance to compete for the title again next year isn't so bad...unlike Chalmers, who is bad. Terrible even.

This may be old news, but Cowherd or someone on his show this morning suggested that Pat Riley had suggested that Allen's 3 last year had the effect of delaying or putting off serious structural changes.

I'd believe it. I expect to see huge changes this off-season. between retiring players, expiring contracts, and the options for the big 3 to opt out, there's a ton that Riley can do to get this team ready to win it all again next year if Miami (very likely) fails to bounce back this series.

If we would've lost last year you would've seen Pat making huge changes this year, instead the Heat didn't do much and now we're being exploited by the Spurs who have a complete roster.

Archived