Most Chivalrous Knight

I was just thinking today about who would be considered the most chivalrous, honorable knight / lord / noble in ASOIAF universe (past or present). My thoughts are a toss up between Aemon Targaryen, the Dragonknight, or Barristan Selmy. Honorable Mentions to Duncan the Tall, Eddard Stark and Jon Snow. What are your thoughts?

Well...I like this thread, I was myself thinking of doing one about who would be closer to Sansas idea of "true knight"...

For the ones we know, ser Rodrick Cassel is the one.who diserves the "Ser" more. Remember that neither Eddard nor Jon are real knights.

I yet got to find out what Duncan did in Summerhall and why he didnt stop Egg. If it was not an accident or a mourder.

I was just thinking today about who would be considered the most chivalrous, honorable knight / lord / noble in ASOIAF universe (past or present). My thoughts are a toss up between Aemon Targaryen or Barristan Selmy. Honorable Mentions to Duncan the Tall, Eddard Stark and Jon Snow. What are your thoughts?

Which Aemon? I think Barristan and Aemon the Dragonknight are the most noble.

I'm going to throw in a vote for Ser Brienne of Tarth. So far she's put most of the men in the series to shame when it comes to chivalrous behavior. Though I hold out hope that Sandor could turn into a grumpy yet chivalrous knight.

Barristan and Dunk get second and third places respectively.

May I ask for a ruling from the OP on most chivalrous versus most noble versus greatest? Some really badass knights are being mentioned here, but I don't know how some of them compare in terms of chivalry.

I think there's a huge stain on Arthur Dayne 'knightliness'. I mean the guy put up with Rhaegar going full retard, kidnapping Lyanna, and raping her. And Arthur Dayne never said 'This is a bad idea, dude.'

As for true knights;

Dunk

Baelor

Davos

The actual codes of chivalry for a knight are-

Believe the Church's teachings and observe all the Church's directions.

Defend the Church.

Respect and defend all weaknesses.

Love your country.

Show no mercy to the Infidel. Do not hesitate to make war with them.

Perform all your feudal duties as long as they do not conflict with the laws of God.

Never lie or go back on one's word.

Be generous to everyone.

Always and everywhere be right and good against evil and injustice.

Based off that I'd say someone involved with the faith, Theodan Wells for example.

Arthur Dayne the greatest knight Ned Stark ever saw. Rhaegar Targaryen. Balon Swann. Barristan Selmy are up there. Beric Dondarrion wasn't bad.

Arthur might have conspired to kill his King, Rhaegar was not a knight (and caused a war), Balon Swann conspired to kill a child, and Beric, while a good man, doesn't exactly use chivalrous tactics with the BwB.

My vote goes to Barry the Bold.

Archived